OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UGA doesn’t take Rashada if they’re sold on Gunner, IMO.

I'm not so sure. Georgia has been looking for a fourth quarterback the entire portal cycle. We only had three scholarship QBs in 2023. We tried to bring in two QB's out of high school but Raiola ended up flipping to Nebraska. For example, in Georgia's spring game we only had two healthy QBs (Beck and Stockton) because our true freshman QB got injured in the spring.

Bringing in Rashada was a no-brainer. He is the most talented QB to enter the portal in the spring, he seems willing to wait on the bench in 2024 and Georgia needed a QB. I don't think it has anything to do with Gunner. If Gunner is the guy Georgia thinks he can be then he will win the battle with Rashada. If he's not, then he will transfer like all the rest.

I'm not so sure. Georgia has been looking for a fourth quarterback the entire portal cycle. We only had three scholarship QBs in 2023. We tried to bring in two QB's out of high school but Raiola ended up flipping to Nebraska. For example, in Georgia's spring game we only had two healthy QBs (Beck and Stockton) because our true freshman QB got injured in the spring.

Bringing in Rashada was a no-brainer. He is the most talented QB to enter the portal in the spring, he seems willing to wait on the bench in 2024 and Georgia needed a QB. I don't think it has anything to do with Gunner. If Gunner is the guy Georgia thinks he can be then he will win the battle with Rashada. If he's not, then he will transfer like all the rest.
You think Georgia thinks Gunner is “the guy?”

Is that why they were selling Juju and other recruits they could come in and start next year?

You think Georgia thinks Gunner is “the guy?”

Is that why they were selling Juju and other recruits they could come in and start next year?

I don't know if Gunner is the guy, he has been third or fourth string his entire career and we haven't seen him take a meaningful snap yet. As the likely backup this season, we will get to see more of him. He has worked his way up the depth chart the same way Carson Beck did.

Also, I don't think Georgia ever sold Lewis or any other prospect on the idea of starting early. Not sure where you heard this. In theory any recruit could start early if they can beat out the guy in front of them but Georgia is always going to be in the business of acquiring talented players. Nothing is guaranteed.

It took UGA getting Montgomery for Juju to finally stop flirting with them :lol:

I think Georgia was done with the back and forth. Lewis is a talented player and he will do great things at USC but Georgia had to get a commitment from someone who was ready to pull the trigger now, they couldn't afford to flirt until December.

“It’s local so it’s easy to get to but I mean *shrug*”

I don’t know that SC are the one who sound like the side chick in that sound bite :lol:

“She got her man so ima cut things off and stay with this one”

Just weird hearing a commit say he’s gonna stop talking to them now

At least Penix went before JJ! Righteous.

celebration-dance-or-carlton-dance-of-french-prince-fyfqoum7x2hdervz.gif

but damn, I had hopes the Rams would get him early 2nd. All good. This kid deserves this. 3rd best QB in the draft at worst.

And we keep him away from the Raiders.

I guess now that Saban is retired he can say whatever but for all the complaining he has done about the transfer portal he is admitting to tampering with a kid who never even entered the portal.

Kind of shocked that kid stayed at Toledo tbh

Maybe he had personal circumstances keeping him there, but that feels like it should be a credit to Candle.

Back
Top Bottom