OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man city really just gave everyone a head start

And of course this happens when I’m there :lol: tbh it was completely different in person if you asked me we barely created anything but apparently we had 30 shots

Man city really just gave everyone a head start

And of course this happens when I’m there :lol: tbh it was completely different in person if you asked me we barely created anything but apparently we had 30 shots

I mean it looked like 25 of those shots went into the first defender or 10 ft over the bar. Only a few good chances. Very disappointing game

That Ange honeymoon period at Spurs is well done and dusted at this point...
I mean, injuries forced us to put out a CB pairing of 2 non-CBs

Tbh I think the most important part is that even with all these injuries we’re still managing to put out good and entertaining football.
Our recent streak has been garbage in terms of points but it was by no means dreadful to watch.

United looks horrible and utterly clueless week in week out, even when you win.
You guys have the same issue we had with Conte when it went downhill. It wasn’t just that we were getting bad results, it was the absolutely godawful football on display even during games we won.
It was miserable to watch and I couldn’t be happier that we finally put together a fun and entertaining playstyle again.

Not telling yall who I am but I’m in the background here :lol:
🤭🤭
Screenshot 2023-12-29 211300.jpg

Yea, Ange is doing a great job. Spurs got a nice base to build on and a coach who recognizes how to get the most out of his players and put them in positions to do well.

Still need to find longterm replacements for Son/Kane but they’ve done a great job stabilizing themselves in the meantime, and hitting on guys that don’t break the bank like Sarr, Maadison, Udogie etc.

No way people could have watched Spurs last year and this and come away with the take that Ange hasn’t been anything but great.

Was only a matter of time before there was pushback from Players reps/unions.

Between the new UCL format and the new FIFA club competitions, players at top sides might play up to 86 matches starting next season. That's insane and the impact on their bodies keeps getting ignored again and again

Sums up my thoughts.

Hopefully the next talent that Carlo nurtures

And then next season…

Think it was very deserved for Carlo to stay. His track record with player development has been impeccable for us. The Xabi Alonso or Zizou part 3 era will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom