OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you want to root for players that’s fine. That’s literally what I do too. I root for Portuguese players everywhere to succeed because it makes our national team better.

But I don’t become fans of their clubs. I don’t front like I know what their clubs are about. I don’t care. You do.

Plenty of Portuguese players on City and United and I’m still bantering them.

If you told a PSG fan “it’s okay guys, we tried really hard” they would slap you. So don’t act like you know what they’re about. You don’t.
Aren’t you a fan of Wolves because they’re Portuguese FC?

Last edited:
Madrid fans so salty and rightfully so.
Barca broke af and just had had a fifa window

Tebas a Terrible president btw. He pressured all the other la liga clubs to sign that terrible cvc deal and they still can't register their players either. And Smaller clubs can't activate levers.
There's a fire sale of la liga players right now. United sleep

Last edited:

I’m as salty as I’ve been over the last few years, aka not salty and just have an inclination of what lies ahead. Y’all always cheer this stuff on as it happens. If y’all don’t win la liga this season it’ll all be a massive failure. I think leaving the signings at Lewa/Kounde and if Auba/Memph departed getting Rafinha would have been a great window. And not dragging FDJ (the Ajax-Cruyff connect chosen Dutchman for Barca) through the mud for the other guys.

Barca broke af and just had had a fifa window

Tebas a Terrible president btw. He pressured all the other la liga clubs to sign that terrible cvc deal and they still can't register their players either. And Smaller clubs can't activate levers.
There's a fire sale of la liga players right now. United sleep

There's like 50 players still not registered across La Liga but Barcelona brings the clicks

"LaLiga should be the sporting director at Barcelona. They say who they can or cannot sign," - Florentino Perez.

Apparently that 4th lever entails 24.5% of Barca Studios being sold to a company owned by the mogul who funded Laporta's last presidential campaign :lol:

giphy (1) (4).gif

I don’t know what to think of Sergio Gomez but I trust the club. I looked up some of his highlights to try to get a feel for his game and I shouldn’t be surprised it’s similar to Zinchenkos and Cancelos (not talent wise just play style) he also has a interesting amount of plays of him on the right side cutting in on his left despite being a leftback. Wonder if Pep will try some double inverted fullback stuff if this guy can be a contributor to the squad id wanna see that :lol:

Might take a gamble on spurs on Sunday. Good timing for them to beat Chelsea and the line is worth a stab

I’m as salty as I’ve been over the last few years, aka not salty and just have an inclination of what lies ahead. Y’all always cheer this stuff on as it happens. If y’all don’t win la liga this season it’ll all be a massive failure. I think leaving the signings at Lewa/Kounde and if Auba/Memph departed getting Rafinha would have been a great window. And not dragging FDJ (the Ajax-Cruyff connect chosen Dutchman for Barca) through the mud for the other guys.
Agreed 100%
Scenes if Barca lose opening match. :lol:

I feel like Barça are an F1 team today.

“With the car totally engulfed in flames can Laporta cross the finish line with a quarter of a lap to go, will he register these players?!?!”

Drive to Survive: Barça Edition.

HIM HIM
I would just say watch as much footy as possible this upcoming season.
definitely watch Champions League as that's a whole different dynamic from the domestic leagues.
also the world cup later this year, for me that's what really pulled me in and got me looking more in to where these dudes play at regarding club football.

Back
Top Bottom