Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

The belts are the only way a lot of these fights get done nowadays. I wish the other bodies were more like the IBF and stuck to their rules rather than make **** up as they go like the WBC, but it’s preferable to the old system that locked out a guy like Hagler from a title shot for years.
Marvelous :pimp:

remember reading somewhere it said marvelous skull was 20% thicker than average joe. Homie could take a punch like no other

unbelievable, reports are canelo wants drag badou down to 168-175 lbs (a guy who walks around at 210 and fights at 200) for the cruiserweight title

:rofl:

the sad thing is, if i were badou id take the deal because its the biggest payday and might be a very short nights work too

And yall told me he would fight benavidez? Yeah ok. Never gonna happen.

I never had hopes it would happen. You can tell Canelo wants to take a few easy fights to finish out his career and retire. I don't expect him to fight another legit challenger for the rest of his career. Bivol is the only name he's mentioned that he wants to fight, but I doubt even that happens.

Jack is washeddddd the fight before he won the title they legitimately robbed his opponent in Saudi. Some real shady **** was going on. They even forgot to “ring the bell” at the end of the 8th round for almost a full 2 minutes once he finally got the upper hand on Rivera that completely changed the momentum of the fight.

In all my years watching boxing I’ve never seen something like that

Skip to 28:30

I think Canelo washes him

Last edited:
Lopez loses to Haney, Tank, Shakur, maybe even a rematch with Loma. 140 is pretty sparse, and he has no chance at 147. Seems like he has nowhere to go IMO.

Haney doesn’t have the chin or the power to beat Teo at 140.

Ryan-Teo would do well on PPV if promoted right with the personalities involved, and a Teo-Ramirez fight could do well gate wise in CA and be an easy fight for Teo. There’s still money to be made for him at 140.

Haney doesn’t have the chin or the power to beat Teo at 140.

Ryan-Teo would do well on PPV if promoted right with the personalities involved, and a Teo-Ramirez fight could do well gate wise in CA and be an easy fight for Teo. There’s still money to be made for him at 140.

I forgot about Haney looking like a baby deer in the Loma fight, so maybe you're right about him vs Lopez.

I don't see Garcia taking a fight with Lopez, and I don't see the Ramirez fight doing the kind of $ he's looking for. He may have some good matchups in Ramirez and Prograis, but the money fights are below and above him.

He will be back he’s only 25 lol
Y’all really think this man will never box again?
2025 he will be back in the ring

Lopez loses to Haney, Tank, Shakur, maybe even a rematch with Loma. 140 is pretty sparse, and he has no chance at 147. Seems like he has nowhere to go IMO.

You tripping. It’s Haney who has nowhere to go. He moves up to 140 there’s nothing but killers up there and if he stays at 135 there’s killers there too and he can’t really make the weight much. Haney doesn’t have the power to keep people off him too. Teo is cruising and anyone who thinks he’s really retiring :lol:.

Bruh got legal problems going on of course he’d say he’s retiring.

no way he stays retired

unless dude got a ton of great investments, then theres just too much money to be made even if he fights scrubs

He has that whole divorce going on so I doubt he’s trying to make anymore money for now so he doesn’t have to give it up to the ex wife. Once that divorce is finalized I’m sure he’ll be back

Last edited:
You tripping. It’s Haney who has nowhere to go. He moves up to 140 there’s nothing but killers up there and if he stays at 135 there’s killers there too and he can’t really make the weight much. Haney doesn’t have the power to keep people off him too. Teo is cruising and anyone who thinks he’s really retiring :lol:.

Bruh got legal problems going on of course he’d say he’s retiring.

What killers are in 140? I don't see anyone that gives either Lopez or Haney problems. I corrected myself and agreed Lopez would take it to Haney in a post above, but would still like to see that fight.

Now 147? That division is stacked. 135 also has great names. 140 is barren.

Prograis fights this weekend I believe. Haven’t seen much hype but I’ll check it out.

Rolly just got gifted a title a few weeks ago.

Ryan just threw his hat in that class.

Taylor probably moves up after this weekend’s loss.

I can’t think of too many names at 140 tbh. It would be interesting to see how things pan out if Haney moves up.

Back
Top Bottom