Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

I thought one of two things would happen.

Errol would be too strong and simply walk Crawford down all fight

or

Crawford would not be fazed by Errol’s power and outbox him all fight.

As a resident of Dallas, I leaned heavy towards the first option. There was point when I knew I was absolutely wrong and option 2 was going to happen. I haven’t heard anyone mention this, but with exactly 13 seconds left in the first round we got clue. You do not have to be a boxing expert to see it. It was clear as day in real time. Errol threw a jab and Crawford was literally gone before Errol starts to throw. Errol was looking at Crawford as his punch was going the wrong direction. It looked like an amateur fight a pro. I have seen guys miss punches before but I that was bad. It was reminiscent of Floyd vs Canelo but worse. I knew it was about to get ugly. Props to Crawford on the fantastic win.

1690743671323.png

Nice breakdown of the fight I found talking about how Crawford neutralized Spence's jab, and his body attack. Bud is brilliant.

At 154 I'm not sure what Spence could do. He might last longer, but still get beat up. Crawford just seemed to have him all figured out from the opening bell. And the difference in handspeed was amazing to see. I'm still in awe at how all that unfolded.

Spence would have to look at the tape and restructure his approach in facing a unique fighter in Bud, but at this stage in Spence's career - well it's a VERY TALL order to put it nicely. It's like Wilder having to learn how to throw a jab and work on better punch selection, and footwork for Fury 3 lol.

You need to be fleet footed with a lot of lateral movement and find angles. Some head movement wouldn't hurt as well.

Back
Top Bottom