Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

@Bozo says

"ever been to a Floyd fight?

yes, in fact I watched Floyd live against Chop Chop Corley in Atlantic City damn near 20 years ago back when Floyd was a much more exciting fighter and fan friendly hence much more respected by the general public. Because back then Floyd was a more offensive fighter who was actually putting the hurt on his opponents. Just like his fights against Gatti, Corales, NDou, Mitchell.....well before Floyd came up with his genius moneymaking idea to be a villain just so he could sell more PPV cause LEGEND HAS IT Floyd and his brittle hands could NOT carry his power at featherweight and lightweight to 147 so how else then was he going to sell his fights since he could no longer knock guys out at 47? Be a villain and be the best guy ever at not getting hit, hence less action in his fights. Floyd is a marketing GENIUS.

"Ever put on gloves?"

LMAOOOOO. Thanks for displaying even more of the ignorance by thinking putting on gloves is supposed to have some sort of relevance to someone's opinions on what they think about Floyd, Manny, Canelo, Bud, etc
for the record, Hall of Famer Bert Sugar never boxed professionally. Sugar was HIGHLY RESPECTED by boxers, trainers, media alike. Because he wasn't a boxer, you tell me how then in the world did he get into the International Boxing Hall of Fame? :lol:

But since an inquiring mind really wanna know, I will only say it once and feel free to surmise on your own about whether or not you think it matters if i ever put on a pair of gloves and its relevance to my opinion about boxers LOL---- I own a belt that's black.

But once again.....There ain't no special category for Black fighters.

It's clear Floyd did a hell of a job making you believe this though LOL.

And this is what makes Mayweather the greatest Boxing marketer, promoter, and made-for-tv figure the sport has ever seen. He left a legacy alright - he brainwashed all his "fans" into believing what he started selling soon as he transitioned from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather and now to "The Best Ever." LOL

Meanwhile we have legendary fighters like Mike Tyson, Tito Trinidad, Miguel Cotto, B-Hop, RJJ, JCC, Sweet Pea, Hagler, Hearns, Lewis, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Holyfield, Pacquiao, the damn list goes on.... who used their FISTS instead of their MOUTHS to build their respective legacies.

Get off your high horse.

Last edited:
i honestly want a canelo v benavidez fight first but at this point but im good with either spence or bud against canelo too

so is the fight with the other charlo off?

Bozo back at it like a crack addict.

Let's break down the ignorance shall we?

@bozo says...

"My point is black fighters don’t get the same views that others in the sport get"

"I’m saying a black fighter has to literally be hated for the masses to tune in"

"Give me one black fighter who didn’t go out of there way to talk trash be loud or boisterous to sale a fight? I’ll wait"

You don't gotta wait long big dog. You ever watch Marvin Hagler, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson? Neither of these black fighters needed to "talk trash or be loud" like Floyd for the masses to watch/like them. Tyson was knocking fools out left and right and his action packed fights were exciting to watch, that's why he was the top PPV draw during his time. Unlike the unexciting Floyd, who had to create a villainous character to make people root against him in order to sell PPV's cause his fights lacked action and entertainment value.

Let's stop acting like there's some special category for black fighters cause there ain't. Every fighter no matter the color of their skin is on an even playing field.

Get off your high horse.

"His out of the ring antics like many boxers had nothing to with his ability to land a big fight. It took the man moving to the money may persona for people to tune in hoping the loud mouth defensive guy would lose.

People tuned in to watch him lose fellas that’s my point. You can’t say that about manny or canelo. This is the path black fighters have to take to sale fights."

You know dam well Floyd's out of the ring antics helped sell his fights tremendously. Lets not play dumb here.

Did Evander Holyfield, Tyson, Larry Holmes, George Foreman, Marvin Hagler, Tommie Hearns, SRL, Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, et all feel the need to "move to the money may persona" and create "out of the ring antics" to draw fights and earn the respect of fans? HELL NO!

And everyone I named above is a black fighter. Period. End of story. Nothing you can say about it big dog. These are the FACTS.

Floyd really has the dude riding him just like this hasn't he :rofl:
jennifer-connelly-ride.gif

Get off that horse
In all your examples you can’t name a fighter in this era to match my point instead you refer to hw and fighters from pre 2000 where viewership and how fights are sold let alone promoted were completely different.

Roy jones talked trash, b hop talked trash

Name some one current succeeding without it

the biggest fight of the year did Medicore numbers compared to guys with less hype and resume of combined fighters.

Post Bud fight I don’t see how Spence is a draw or up for consideration to fight canelo

Showing don’t get much worse then his

Back
Top Bottom