Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

^Snap, he finally got a ring. Good for him.

Peavy has been pitching really well since returning. I'm liking it.

Hamels gone. Not getting my hopes up on Price. Fully expect the FO to go after players to improve infield and bullpen depth.

Mike Leake anyone? Would be cheaper than anyone out there and still a solid back end starter

Last edited:
so the dodgers traded for mat latos, huh? lol

i bet he still hates SF 
happy.gif

Last edited:
We got Mike Leake.  

Looks for a Single-A pitcher named Keury Mella and someone else.

Edit: This Mella guy is rated #1 on MLB.com's prospect list - ahead of Beede and Crick. 

Last edited:
Does anyone know or had heard of Mella prior to this trade?

I saw his name and learned of him last Saturday as he was ranked #1 Giants prospect on MLB.com

I'm gonna hope it's safe to say he wasn't ranked that high in Sabean's book :lol:

The farm system does a good job of developing young arms. This was a good trade. Maybe not the all in move Dland wanted but a solid move nonetheless.

Fine with it. At a minimum we drove up prices for Hamels and Price with the Dodogers getting neither

Never heard of the prospect and generally the Giants do better with under the radar guys

Does anyone know or had heard of Mella prior to this trade?

I saw his name and learned of him last Saturday as he was ranked #1 Giants prospect on MLB.com

I'm gonna hope it's safe to say he wasn't ranked that high in Sabean's book
laugh.gif
I never heard of him either. No talk of him leading up to Spring Camp. lol. Maybe another Tim Alderson type player?

Whatever happened to Alderson and Embree?

Alderson was traded to the Pirates and never made it up. I remember that trade so well, they were asking for Bumgarner. Thank God Sabean knew what he was doing then.

Alderson was traded to the Pirates and never made it up. I remember that trade so well, they were asking for Bumgarner. Thank God Sabean knew what he was doing then.
Yeah, I was actually bummed Alderson was traded at that time because he was ranked so high in the Giants farm. But hey, I'm glad Sabean knew he had something special in Bumgarner.

gsdoubleu - you called it. I really wanted the other Mike, Mike Fires from the Brewers but Leake is a step in the right direction.

Odor needs to be hit. There is no place in the game for slides like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom