Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing with Randle is that he's barely improved in any single offensive area since he got here.

His first season here, his stats were 46% FG shooting, 28% 3 point shooting, 73% FT shooting. Last season he was 46% FG shooting, 34% 3 pt shooting, 75% FT shooting.

3 point shooting is the only area he improved but that's bc he went from shooting 3 per game to 8, which is an absurd number of attempts for a sub-35% shooter

I don't sympathize with any of these players. My sympathy goes out to the fans who are paying to watch this product. Jaylen is going to make millions regardless, and the same goes for Randle and others.

I'd like to have a conversation with Randle, put him on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), and give him a month to show improvement or fire him. 😆

team offense is not efficiently run. same thing every season with a coach who provides randle with extra space & time to get it together while others don't get the same leeway or patience.

mitchell robinson doesn't do enough to justify his whiny demands
josh hart has been playing out of sync
donte divincenzo is becoming josh hart lite
there's really no space for fournier? at all? why is he on this team??

a 16 pt /-5 player moving one's hands like this out of frustration over a 45 pt player who carried the team last night isn't the sign of a good teammate. selfish isn't even the word. same ol

Last edited:
Let’s calm down, teams want him. Knicks just want too much for him. I been wanting Randle gone forever but he had a phenomenal year last year, better than most. He can get traded.

Let’s calm down, teams want him. Knicks just want too much for him. I been wanting Randle gone forever but he had a phenomenal year last year, better than most. He can get traded.
Which team is interested in acquiring Julius Randle? If I were the general manager of a young team, I wouldn't be eager to bring him on board. A contending team might hesitate to sign him, fearing it could disrupt their chemistry. I genuinely can't think of a suitable destination for him; I'm curious who you have in mind.

Which team is interested in acquiring Julius Randle? If I were the general manager of a young team, I wouldn't be eager to bring him on board. A contending team might hesitate to sign him, fearing it could disrupt their chemistry. I genuinely can't think of a suitable destination for him; I'm curious who you have in mind.

He can hoop, he can score. Needs a change of scenery for sure. His contract isn’t ridiculous. Teams would want him.

I wanted him gone since he choked in the playoffs and the team looks better without him. He doesn’t belong here, they outgrew each other.

there’s always bottom end teams begging for relevancy at the deadline

selling some desperate GM on a player that’s been all NBA 2 of the last 3 years shouldn’t be that hard

If the ultimate objective is simply to part ways with Randle, then yes. However, I'm sure that we desire a productive player in exchange.

I'm just happy to finally see Knicks fans galvanize and tell it like it is. The more we stop making excuses and demand a change, the more likely the front office gets backed into a corner. Cause we not fittna do another 82 of this. I refuse 😂

This thread was seriously less negative when we were trash. :lol:

At this point I’d welcome a Julius trade just so we can talk basketball in here and not body language.

Major storylines so far:
Trade Julius Randle
Fire Thibs
Play Fournier

Is the sky falling? Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom