Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screenshot_2023-04-15-15-35-05-42_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

That’s what I’m saying. Somehow we win and he’s the only player getting dogged, while Grimes and IQ had a combined 8 points. You’d think RJ smashed y’all’s girl.
no way you can compare Grimes and IQs expectations to RJs, especially at the amount of money they are making and where they were picked. IQ probably gets picked over RJ and maybe Grimes at this point in their careers.

no way you can compare Grimes and IQs expectations to RJs, especially at the amount of money they are making and where they were picked. IQ probably gets picked over RJ and maybe Grimes at this point in their careers.

Has nothing to do with expectations vs play. Y’all gas IQ when he plays well, but not a peep when he doesn’t. Idc if he makes league minimum or a max contract. You play for the Knicks, you’re expected to contribute.

not sure what will happen the rest of the series but I like our chances... I feel like two years ago was our building block for a lot of guys randle, quick, obi and rj....coming up short against the hawks was a learning experience... brunson has experience from last year but has a chip on his shoulder to lead on his own and hart is happy to be in the playoffs and is playing hard... I just hope his ankle is good next game

Last edited:
can't say enough about how huge josh hart was during the entire game, but especially late in the third and into the fourth quarter. he really did everything to keep the team together. huge playmaking. man has been 100% solid since coming to the knicks

Has nothing to do with expectations vs play. Y’all gas IQ when he plays well, but not a peep when he doesn’t. Idc if he makes league minimum or a max contract. You play for the Knicks, you’re expected to contribute.
Nah B, it’s definitely about expectations and you know the underdogs get more love and more slack cut for them here. Cats in this thread hated IQ for the past 2 years while still being extra/more patient with RJ. IQ has exceeded all expectations while RJ continues to not live up to them. If you watched that game last night and came out bragging about RJs assists and steals then you are definitely blinded by your hopes and dreams of RJ because he was really bad last night.

Nah B, it’s definitely about expectations and you know the underdogs get more love and more slack cut for them here. Cats in this thread hated IQ for the past 2 years while still being extra/more patient with RJ. IQ has exceeded all expectations while RJ continues to not live up to them. If you watched that game last night and came out bragging about RJs assists and steals then you are definitely blinded by your hopes and dreams of RJ because he was really bad last night.
Honestly, I didn't care for RJ coming out but I'm all about giving your drafted youth time to develop. He showed he could ball but this year is been real crazy for him. He needs to figure it out and that means stepping back and accepting his role as a 3rd option at the moment ... he needs to develop a stepback a cross or something man.

IQ I loved from jump, but somewhere in the middle dude became wild inconsistent. He has limited vision but he figured it and has shown he is great coming off the bench and also holding his own on D.

Grimes, well dude has been giving the starting position but really hasn't done much to show why. He has shown potential and that's about it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I didn't care for RJ coming out but I'm all about giving your youth time to develop. He showed he could ball but this year is been real crazy for him. He needs to figure it out and that means stepping back and accepting his role as a 3rd option at the moment ... he needs to develop a stepback a cross or something man.

IQ I loved from jump, but somewhere in the middle dude became wild inconsistent and way to wild. He has limited vision but he figured it and work and has shown he is great coming off the bench and also holding his own on D.

Grimes, well dude has been giving the starting position but really hasn't done much to show why. He has shown potential and that's about it.
I mostly feel/felt the same way. I just think RJs biggest problem is him not being great at anything, which is fine but him not being great at anything and being a Guard/SF in this league that lacks explosiveness/speed, plus his reaction time is a little slow so he’s probably topped out unless like you said he develops something else, kind of like how Paul Pierce lacked in explosiveness he developed his game.

Happy we came back after blowing that lead... a decent performance from RJ and I'm confident in this series.

Brunson and Hart ... that gif is hilarious and I'm loving their relationship on the team. Robinson stepped up big, Grimes with clutch shots.. them locking it up and wining the game was refreshing to see and gives me confidence for the rest of the series. Knicks in 6.

We’re talking about a game. So IQ and Grimes get a pass for doing absolutely nothing bc they’re lower picks? While at least RJ contributed something with assists and steals, yet I’m blind? Had we lost, you blaming everyone equally or just those that didn’t do ****? Bc then IQ and Grimes should be at the top of your list.

We’re talking about a game. So IQ and Grimes get a pass for doing absolutely nothing bc they’re lower picks? While at least RJ contributed something with assists and steals, yet I’m blind? Had we lost, you blaming everyone equally or just those that didn’t do ****? Bc then IQ and Grimes should be at the top of your list.
RJ is the second highest paid player in the team but he’s, in my opinion, arguably not even the 5th best/impactful/efficient player on the team. If he was paid similarly to grimes and iq, I doubt he would receive as much criticism as he is now. Not to mention, he was the 3rd overall pick, not the 20++ pick.

Back
Top Bottom