Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This idiot Thibs made them brick all those shots and free throws!!! :smh: Also told iHart to foul Lauri foolishly before the half. Such a stupid game plan when it’s all so simple.

Not enuff player shuffling too despite getting the game close in the end. The team’s performance, and thus the skies, has fallen considerably since he’s been leading the team.

🔥 him & get Mike Dantoni on the line. He’ll turn Julius into the superstar needed to get them over the hump. You know, for those nights when he draws up JB & RJ to combine to shoot 9/35.

Didn't watch the game & haven't seen any highlights but the box score looks gross :lol:

Brunson bad, RJ worse, only 18 minutes for Quickley, Grimes running around doing nothing again

Knicks twitter in shambles every time someone has a bad game. RJ just had back to back efficient and effective games, had a horrible shooting performance last night, and now we should trade him again. same folks were ignoring how horrible Randle started the season. honestly the most dramatic and overreacting fanbase on the planet. well, probably second to Lakers fans.

Randle played well last night, IQ should've gotten more PT, DVV shot well, Brunson not so much, and Grimes back to doing nothing.

we just need a new coach man. signing Taj is ridiculous.

agreed w/ most until that last bit lol.

And we out here watching two diff games if we still got the pitchforks out on this coach. His ways are stubborn. His warts are his warts no denying but u bugging if there’s many better solutions they’ve had or have available.

The lack of awareness by the fanbase is the real problem. Some fools don’t even know what they’re watching when they rage posting and having fits. How quick they can blockout 20 years of ****ty ball and now 3 szns of competitive steady improvement is moving at a snail’s pace. ***** frfr.

Dudes really don’t even know what development looks like which is wild cuz it’s what y’all supposedly be watching every game nite 🤷

Thats currently the problem. Outside of Kerr idk who else better would maybe be available in the near future.

Theres a clear ceiling with Thibs and this roster.

Is it Thibs or is it the roster then?

Everyone agrees Randle will never be him. JB as great as he is is too short to be him.

Every team needs a him to get them over that hump.

And Kerr is not a good coach imo . I’ll take a handful of assistants around the league before him. Ime one of the best coaches coaching they didn’t have a chance at.

knicks have managed to not be bottom feeders any longer. great! been time to move on from that poverty attitude of the last 20 yrs and expect more every successive year. progress may not be linear, but that's how it works. you're supposed to improve every year.

tailor fitting players to a specific style of coaching isn't sustainable for a team that's looking to take a leap. after a number of years, the returns become less and less because you're limiting yourself to a certain kind of player that the coach uses as a security blanket. sick of hearing "he's a thibs guy" as if that should be the most important criteria in selecting personnel.

what is this system anyway? poor spotlight to bask in when defense has been on a downward trend over the last few weeks and offense is becoming stagnant like i mentioned would occur three weeks ago. one guy doesnt play and things can easily turn to mush. why? that shoud've been figured out over the last couple of years, but this coach is in his fourth year and still appearing to have issues with lineups, minutes distribution and in game adjustments. this coach is just about reaching his ceiling as well.

for me, last night was probably the ugliest loss this season.
don't be talking like i was watching a different game

Last edited:
the problem is that people only care about stats nowadays. somehow we're one of the best offenses in the league statistically, but what does that translate in the game? in reality, we have a high offensive efficiency rating bc we have the most possessions due to offensive rebounding. Mitch is out, so thats going to plumet and now our iso ball "scheme" is going to get even more exposed.

you cant have an ISO dominant PG AND and ISO dominant PF and expect everyone else to just figure it out or just stand in a corner. there is no real flow to this offense when we have guys that are capable. its apparent that the Nova boys play well together, run the floor well, and make plays. they're honestly bailing out Thibs and he should get no credit when our offense seems to be in rhythm bc the only play he knows is give the ball to Randle.

Written ad nauseam on the credits to the offense; simple as they be they play to the strengths of the star players. Ball movement, make the right play, etc etc. Doing anything different & dudes will then perk up to say he’s not using his stars correctly.

Yup, there’s room for improvement. Also, if Dubious was a better version of himself, some of those plays would be executed better. You’re still talmbout taking steps backwards keeping the coaching carousel going.

This whole club is a wip so I can’t even work myself up until the playoffs. I’m also not stressing a team that can score with anyone and was top 10 defense just a couple weeks ago. Can’t stop a leaky faucet as of late but there’s more ways to skin a cat.

If they don’t maintain playoff positioning in Mitch’s absence then I’ll have rzn for concern.

Im pretty sure Taj is eventually going to start getting significant minutes in Mitch's absence.
My concern is, why bring in and draft these young talents only to resort to relying on veterans who may be past their prime or journeymen? The essence of development is navigating the highs and lows that come with inexperience. I can't fault Duece, Sims, Obi, or any other young player who didn't get sufficient playing time over veterans like Taj, Burks, Payton, etc.

And no, I'm not saying those kids were the answer, but I don't know.

Last edited:
don't know if it's a trust thing but Brunson has to hit the roll man if they're open

Catching the end of the game closing up at work. I might have to run those back at one in the morning when I get home

Back
Top Bottom