OFFICIAL #3 Oklahoma v.s. #12 Oklahoma State Thread (11/29) 8:00 PM ET ABC

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by FeelMode

I think the points are impressive, however it really just shows OU's D again proving they can get scored on damn near every drive. I think Oklahoma has a right to be mad, because honestly they do look pretty good. Regardless, the fact still remains they lost to Texas on a neutral field so they have absolutely no business jumping them in any poll what so ever.
OU is averaging like 60+ in the last 5 games. if there's any way to "atone" losing to a team, i think they've done it.

That's the thing though, when you are comparing teams that have identical records and HAVE played each other with a huge emphasis on the game they played being on a Neutral field then really nothing Oklahoma does matters. They could average 100 a game and it still does NOT matter. They already lost to Texas. Texas Tech is going to be left out of the equation because of the fashion of their loss. When they beat Texas it was at home on a last second brilliant catch by the best receiver in the college game. They got humilated by OU, and although they all have the same record their loss was by so much they fall a tier behind.

Not to mention Stoops goes far and beyond the term "running up the score" , its sickening really, although i wish Pet Carroll would do a little of it as well instead of turning into the most conservative team in the country when in the 3rd quarter it looks like we are cruising to another lop sided victory.
oh, so it's okay for Texas to push the Texas Tech loss to the side, but it's not okay for OU to push the Texas loss aside?

that's what you're saying...
You just don't get it. Tech isn't in the picture. If the rankings were 2, 3 and 4, then yes there's an argument. But they'renot. The BCS rankings are 2,3 and 7. Tech is not in this argument. The argument is Texas and OU, which played on a neutral field and this has already beensettled.

Let me put it this way, so you all can see how ******ed it is when we get screwed and OU backs their way into another BCS beatdown.

1. Ole Miss beats Florida.
2. Alabama beats Ole Miss.
3. Florida beats Alabama.
4. Alabama goes to the MNC because they beat the team that beat them.
5. The entire college football world would implode in this scenario.

Yet this is exactly what's happening in the Big XII.

I wouldn't say Bob Stoops runs up the score, I would say it just happens. What is he suppose to do? Have Sam Bradford kneel every down from the 3rdQuarter?

As far as the three way tie, I believe the better team should win. That is all.

I wouldn't say Bob Stoops runs up the score, I would say it just happens. What is he suppose to do? Have Sam Bradford kneel every down from the 3rd Quarter?

Check the Tech game. I don't think Bradford got taken out until 3-4 minutes into the 4th. You know...when they were up by 40 someodd points.
As far as the three way tie, I believe the better team should win. That is all.
Just based off the BCS standings, Tech is done. So then it is us and OU. People can argue all day on how they improved but it still stands...webeat them. Regardless of when we beat them. We did it. And since Tech has no damn way of climbing back up the BCS rankings, I think it is logical to startusing head to heads.

Buggz i think the better team should go too, and Texas already proved they were that team.

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Not impressed with this win..

Yo bro..Not really impressed either.

Bradford did alright overall but he did impress me with those back to back rushes for TD's. Showed his heart right there
pimp.gif

Defensive Line had too many opportunities to bring in sacks
smh.gif

Overall that's all I got from this game. That and a
embarassed.gif
thewhole time until the last minute of the game.

Real Talk though. I want to see an OU/Texas National Championship
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Would you put 3000 dollars on a rematch?

No. Would you? UT/OU rivalry has always been a toss up.
laugh.gif
I would. I didn't get to watch the UT/OU game so Idon't know how it went. But I do believe we are better, just from watching both teams this year. Just my opinion.

Any Given Saturday.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Would you put 3000 dollars on a rematch?

You do know that OU was putting up 50+ppg before they got spanked by Texas right?

BUT, did you know that since we beat them, they're giving up more ppg?

So yeah, I'd put up 3000 on a rematch.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Pete carrorl doesnt run up the score?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

did u miss 4th and 14 tonight with a shot in the end zone?

edit*
No Downtown, thats not exactly what im saying. What im doing is taking the entire picture into consideration. Thats what im doing. Tech lost by a lot, it was a blow out. Texas definitely hasnt been blown out all year, and Oklahoma only lost by 10.
When you have a 3 way tie you have to come up with a creative way to pick a winner (see current BCS scenario), my scenario is very very simple. It says that since Tech has a blow out loss they are out. That leaves a two way tie, with the Head to Head going to Texas.

If that Tech Oklahoma gave would have been closer then this scenario gets a lot harder to figure it out, but since it wasnt, and given that they beat Texas on the last play of the game at home then i think the choice becomes very clear.
yes, Tech got beat down. who delivered that beatdown again?

OU lost to Texas, but you have to look at the way OU has been playing these past couple weeks. that throttling of Texas Tech was a statement game. and themessage they sent was that this OU team on the field right now is better than anyone else in the Big 12.

you can't just say "we beat OU 6 weeks ago, so we are the better team now"

I would. I didn't get to watch the UT/OU game so I don't know how it went. But I do believe we are better, just from watching both teams this year. Just my opinion.

Any Given Saturday.

I was at the game. Both teams executed well, we just did it better when it counted. If I remember correctly, we took back the lead in the 4th and that wasthat.

Stoops ain't run up no score.

The Sooners got the ball back with like 2 mins and some change, and Ok St. didn't call any timeouts.

Then all of a sudden, AFTER OU got a first down, at the 30 second mark, OK St. decides to call a timeout?

What for?

It was on some wink wink, nod nod stuff.

Don't call a timeout, it's a hand off, tackle, ball game.

Our defense played excellent the TTU game and then turns around and plays like trash this game..We have to play defense every week.

We put up HUGE POINTS every game, but we give up HUGE POINTS too...

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Our defense played excellent the TTU game and then turns around and plays like trash this game..We have to play defense every week.

We put up HUGE POINTS every game, but we give up HUGE POINTS too...
Do you think that's a product of the great offensives in the Big 12 or something else?

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

you can't just say "we beat OU 6 weeks ago, so we are the better team now"
Teams only get to play once a year, so this year Texas can say that.

This stuff isnt some in depth math equation, Head to Head on a neutral field is really the only way to decide these kinds of arguments and luckily for the sakeof this argument that was done this year, with the two teams in question.

Why are yall penalizing OU for beating the breaks off of Tech? Should they have let Tech keep it close so you can have this 3-way scenario where the losses toeach other doesn't mean anything? Thats the one part of this argument i can't get my head around, why people are essentially penalizing OU fordestroying Tech instead of keeping it close and making them look better.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Why are yall penalizing OU for beating the breaks off of Tech? Should they have let Tech keep it close so you can have this 3-way scenario where the losses to each other doesn't mean anything? Thats the one part of this argument i can't get my head around, why people are essentially penalizing OU for destroying Tech instead of keeping it close and making them look better.
thank you.

Why are yall penalizing OU for beating the breaks off of Tech? Should they have let Tech keep it close so you can have this 3-way scenario where the losses to each other doesn't mean anything? Thats the one part of this argument i can't get my head around, why people are essentially penalizing OU for destroying Tech instead of keeping it close and making them look better.

No one said anything about keeping it close. It's the fact that going into the 4th, they're already up by a score that is impossible for Tech to comeback from. But instead they run the team into the ground. It has nothing to do with keeping it close. It's a matter of class and being a good sport.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

No one said anything about keeping it close. It's the fact that going into the 4th, they're already up by a score that is impossible for Tech to come back from. But instead they run the team into the ground. It has nothing to do with keeping it close. It's a matter of class and being a good sport.
I'm referring to the people that want to drop Tech out of this 3-way tie because of how bad they lost, even though that loss was to Oklahoma. I'm seeing and hearing a ton of people make that argument, for whatever reason.

OU has no buisness in the championship because if they go they will get owned by the SEC every college team has a close game that they either win or lose.Texas beat OU by 10 and it a took a seriers of events for tech to pull it out against UT.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Nobody wants to penalize OU for that win. I can't believe how many of you are missing this point: Texas Tech is #7 in the BCS.

Big XII 3-way tiebreaker is highest ranked team in the BCS. Going into Saturday, Texas = 2, OU = 3, Tech = 7. They played themselves out of the argument. Nobody is penalizing OU here. There was no way possible for Tech to jump SC, Florida and Utah to join in the discussion.

Unfortunately, we're now leaving it up to voters to decide who gets to go to the Big XII CG and most likely the MNC. This was decided on the field. 6weeks ago or not, OU is playing no differently offensively as they have all season. They are however, giving up a ton more points than they had been pre-RRR.

Back
Top Bottom