Official 360 WAVES Thread VoL. Spring Season... Owwwwwwwwwwwwww

What do you guys do for dry hair like I have extremely dry hair to the point where dandruff be every where when I brush and be in my brush. Even right after I was my hair

I've never had dandruff but from doing a lot of research regarding keeping hair moist and healthy I did run into a lot of information pertaining to getting rid of dandruff. Luckily it seems to be a problem that can be fixed in a fairly short period of time (for most people within a week). Doing these things can help with extremely dry hair and scalp which helps prevents or get rid of dandruff:

•washing your hair at least twice a week with slightly warm water and dandruff shampoo that contain no sulfates, parabens, etc. Ex. http://www.sheamoisture.com/African-Black-Soap-Deep-Cleansing-Shampoo-_p_732.html
•deep conditioning after every wash. Again w/ sulfate-free product and warm water
•doing hot oil treatments occasionally. Ex.
•avoid using hair products with sulfates, lots of chemicals, random ingredients that you don't know what they are
•use healthy moisturizers but don't let product build in your hair
•since this is a 360 waves forum I'm assuming you have or want waves, I would recommend getting a satin durag which helped a little in retaining moisture over night for me

Anyone have a good natural non oil moisturizer? Been using oil & its way too messy. Thinking about picking up the cold label wave butter. Anyone have experiences with using it as a moisturizer?

What up, fellas.  Been back in the gym lately and feel the need to wash my hair after every session (3-4x a week).  What are yall doing about this? Any suggestions?

What up, fellas.  Been back in the gym lately and feel the need to wash my hair after every session (3-4x a week).  What are yall doing about this? Any suggestions?

Assuming you are Black, no need to do it more than 1-2 times a week, our hair doesnt need to be washed daily. I`m referring to washed as in using shampoo. I always brush in the shower though and that seems good enough to me.

Last edited:
Assuming you are Black, no need to do it more than 1-2 times a week, our hair doesnt need to be washed daily. I`m referring to washed as in using shampoo. I always brush in the shower though and that seems good enough to me.
I do the exact same thing.

Any feedback on CQP (Crown Quatlity Products) brushes? 

Don't know which model I should cop exactly...I've heard that the SOFT is extremely hard, the HARD is soft.

From what I've read previously, the only brush that is true to description is the MEDIUM one.

Help me out fellas...any CQP owners on this board?

Don't know which model I should cop exactly...I've heard that the SOFT is extremely hard, the HARD is soft.
From what I've read previously, the only brush that is true to description is the MEDIUM one.
The premium is extremely soft. Very very soft.

The soft is about average.

The medium though? That thing is HARD.

All 3 work extremely well, especially from an efficiency standpoint.

pretty much this, The medium is unusable for me, the Soft I use most, the premium I use when I have a low cut.

My dumb*bleep* bought three of them a few years ago. I have all three. Here is my opinion on them all.

Hard brush- DON'T DO IT!
mean.gif
 I used that brush ONCE and called it quits. You will peel your scalp smooth off using that brush. 

Medium- The medium is good when you have longer hair. It works well.

Soft- The soft is the best for me. It's not super soft. The feel of the brush is a medium soft should that make any sense.

Should you be thinking about buying one, buy the soft brush. I hardly use the brush anymore, but when I use the CQP I use the soft brush.

Bet. Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm def gonna cop a CQP. I guess I will settle on the Soft. Sounds more reasonable for my needs. Right now my daily arsenal consists of 2 OG Diane's, 1 Annie, & 1 double-sided Running Boar.

I have all the cqp handle brushes i love the medium cqp with the handle. The pull is great for a fresh cut up to a deep wolf for me and my texture. Lately I've found myself reaching for it before using a og Diane 8119 the point on the cqp handle brushes is great for getting into the crown.

I use the CQP Premium brush no matter what length my hair is. It is extremely soft but I can actually feel it doing a more effective job pulling my hair with it than the soft I have (which is nothing less than medium really) even when I'm wolfing.

Regardless, best brushes I've ever come across when it comes down to results.

Last edited:
I haven't had a hair cut (only line-ups) in three weeks. I thought about wolfing a little longer but I'm not

doing that again. This hair is getting cut tomorrow. 
laugh.gif
 I'll post a pic.

New pick-up: "Thompson Softy Wave Brush"
While I was on my way to the Chinese Buffet in the mall for lunch, I decided to stop by the Beauty Supply store a few stores down.

I like to check with various Hair Supply stores from time to time. You just never know what you will find. I have lucked up a few times!

Anyway, they mostly had the typical Annie stock...so I opted not to purchase any of those brushes. However to the far left I seen a few "Thompson" brushes.

I never heard of this brand so I decided to try it out; I may have stumbled across a great brush. The brush is 100% Boar Hair Bristle so I felt I can't lose.

That brush is very light...handles smooth...and bristles are soft. I would recommend this brush for a fresh or low cut.

pretty much this, The medium is unusable for me, the Soft I use most, the premium I use when I have a low cut.

My **** must be hella nappy then, cause the medium feels good as **** on my scalp :rofl:

Greeze, I see you playa :smokin

Lady in chik fil a ****** up my change spending more time talking to me about my hair than paying attention to her register :smh: :lol:

Glad to see ya'll still waving strong

@PRIME  thanks a lot man. 
glasses.gif

We won't let the waves die. I know I won't. I'm 35 and have been waving strong since 1990. I'm glad to see

you younger guys keeping the hairstyle going.

The medium feels good on your scalp? 
eek.gif
 Good Lord! Your scalp has that armadillo skin. I can only tolerate the

Premium. I haven't used that brush in quite some time. I need to break out and see what time it is with that. I

mainly use some no name brush I got at the beauty supply.

Wsup G's bout to start back in the wave game it's been years can anybody tell me exactly what I need to be dippin ASAP 

Thanx 

I've had my Lado brushes new still in the plastic for about two months now since I've been using my og Dianes. Got a fresh cut today so I decided to go ahead and try out Lado's 6556.

I did a 20 min brush session in my first impression was that it is definitely a great quality brush. Definitely on par with OG Diane and crown quality brushes. Actually, I would say the Lado was actually a tad bit better in quality (fit & finish). With the initial first few brush sessions w/ the Diane and CQB, bristles would fall out constantly. To the point that now when I use a new one of those brushes, before I actually use it to brush my hair, I use my hand to swipe the top of the bristles 20 times or so to get the falling out part over with lol. I was very surprised to see only about 4 bristles had fallen out of the Lado after brushing for 20 mins straight. Also, the Lado just felt better and sturdier in my hand and the bristles seem like they will last a long time without softening too much.

Definitely satisfied with the purchase so far. Only time will tell if it holds up.

Back
Top Bottom