~Official (7) Duke @ Maryland: 9PM ET~

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

It's laughable when people say Gary doesn't get the big names because he doesn't recruit in the "gray area". That's a lie. He doesn't get them because he CAN'T recruit. Period. Look at the team that won the National Championship. That was a big group of overachievers...none of those guys were standouts coming out of HS. the biggest class he ever had was that class the showed up the year after the National Championship and look what happened to them. what heralded recruit wants to go to Maryland after seeing what ended up to those 5 dudes...all of whom had NBA potential?
yep. we're tired of gary, we're tired of the poor recruits, and we're tired of the NIT.

this program has fallen off... i don't care about the .500 records and flash in the pan championship.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Gary and Curt Malone FINALLY sat down and talked this week. Hopefully Gary gets some of them Assault dudes

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/18/AR2009021803348.html
that is good to see... it looks like that article on Gary got into his head a little bit, because all of a sudden he's making strongrecruiting efforts.

hopefully at least something can come of the DC Assault relationship.. although i doubt it. Gary and Curtis Malone do not get along, and i am certain Malonehas been directing area recruits away from Maryland.

How could Gary have talked with him?

He doesn't play the AAU games, right?

Gary was feedin the media a bunch of BS lately and wouldn't admit his own failures.

How could Gary have talked with him?

He doesn't play the AAU games, right?

Gary was feedin the media a bunch of BS lately and wouldn't admit his own failures.

i dunno, they said Malone met Gary in his office?

honestly, it will probably be several years before we start to really get area recruits... but at least this is somewhat a step in the right direction.

and i agree, Gary is too proud to admit that he screwed up. i didn't like his attitude towards this whole thing..
smh.gif

edit:

scheyereface1.jpg

scheyerface3.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom