****OFFICIAL _ASHINGTON _IZARDS 08-09 SEASON THREAD 13-44. WE SHOULDA GAVE OBAMA AN OFFER SHEET****

first off, EoH thanks for correcting my mistake about the whole juwan/c-webb era...

now onto double js: bynum for the lakers, just had his second knee surgery, and i believe he just broke the bank, not sure what the particulars are, but i knowhe got paid. so i guess the lakers are another team that would give someone a rack of money coming off major knee surgery. .

lemme get hypothetical with you for a second. lets just say that arenas had his third knee surgery, but was ready to go at the start of the season. imaginethat he's scoring 26 ppg right now and the team still wins about 20 games this year ...would you still be sayin that it was a bad idea to re-sign him at111 mil? i know that you are probably going to say that it still would be a bad idea...i also think i understand what you are trying to say. are you talkinabout the team not being able to get future free agents because of the money tied up with one person; who may break down again and again??

its obvious to me that ol ernie had no contingency plan if gil went to another team, so he got the blank check from abe. i'm convinced that grunfeld was sostuck on keeping him here that he didnt think of how he could use that 111 mil to get some other talent in here. look, at this point i'm not so sure thatmaxing out gil was the best thing to do either. and we all know that abe is loyal to a fault, but he hired both eddie jordan and matt millen junior. is he thatmuch more loyal to him than jordan?

now onto double js: bynum for the lakers, just had his second knee surgery, and i believe he just broke the bank, not sure what the particulars are, but i know he got paid. so i guess the lakers are another team that would give someone a rack of money coming off major knee surgery.

I see what you're saying, but I should have been more clear.....there are dudes out in the NBA who have gotten big contracts after suffering injuries thatrequire a microfracture surgery. HOWEVER, you'd be hard pressed to find another franchise that would give a player 111 mil after 3 major knee surgeries ina span of 18 months. That's unprescidented and insane. I'd be more at ease with the team offering him the max coming off of one knee surgery. Butthree? For a dude who relies on a quick first step, we don't know what we'll get come next season. The dude's knee is torn up. I'm not mad athim for taking the money, because anyone would if they were in his shoes. I'm pissed at the organization for giving him the money we did (and potentiallymortgaging our future for a bit). This deal could come back to bite us in the !++.

Why would they just sign Eddie Jordan to a contract extension in September and let him go now? It just doesn't make any sense.

They came out and played with some passion tonight and even Blatche and Dee Brown was frying
smokin.gif

I will be at the game on Thanksgiving, lets see if they play like this against the Magic

Blatche getting his Sega Genesis NBA JAM on right now... GS game on Comcast.

These bammas playing like their freedom is on the line tonight!

Good to see an immediate positive response AT HOME...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Guys,

As a faithful, bitter Bullets/Wizards fan for about 23 years now (with about 4 of those years being happy ones), I am more than convinced that, like any business, it starts from the very top and trickles on down.

I think Eddie Jordan deserves credit, as well as Grunfield, for making lemon into the best lemonade they could.

But through 8 different coaches, a name change, and location change in 10 years, these dudes are just the same Bullets from the mid 80s to late 90s.

Abe gotta go man. Point blank.

Any other franchise will have its run, and rebuild. Classic case is the Trailblazers. Look at Indiana.

US?

I think Abe has been happy with 30 a season since before I was born! You kept Wes Unseld 5 years too many, but give Eddie the boot with half of his team, and a typical Washington BULLETS bench.

History lesson -- Eddie got us 40+ wins the last 4 seasons. THAT has not happen since 1974- 1979 seasons.

People want to preach defense, but when you don't have the talent, nor the "leader" of the team to commit to it (who also was at odds with EJ since day one), you work with what you have.

That's all Eddie did. And he did it well.

Now?
No harm, but I wouldn't come here to coach. Not even with a top 5 pick. Avery Johnson? Doug Collins (who doesn't even like to come to D.C. anymore, lol)? We *** out, with Mark Jackson and Kenny "the jet" Smith as *serious* lead coaching candidates who may accept a lowball offer.

If anyone deserves a wax figure, its Caron. However, I expect him to demand a trade out of here shortly.

McGee is only true bright light on this team, and he's in the wrong atmosphere to develop properly. He got Brendan and Etan and Andray to rely on for guidance.

Psht!

"That's the reason I'm a Bullets fan."
see.. I realized this many years ago... which is why i completely dont +#** with the wizards and won't as long as he owns them

finally a needed win for the wiz kids..i hope this will be a start of good things to come..one game at a time with a new attitude and a sense of urgency

please note.

i went out tonight solely on the strength that the wizards won. i pop'd champagne for them 2 and 10 brothers and hope that we can continue this win streak.

the club was crazy with NO wizards players present.

lol.

ok im done. gnite.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

now onto double js: bynum for the lakers, just had his second knee surgery, and i believe he just broke the bank, not sure what the particulars are, but i know he got paid. so i guess the lakers are another team that would give someone a rack of money coming off major knee surgery.

I see what you're saying, but I should have been more clear.....there are dudes out in the NBA who have gotten big contracts after suffering injuries that require a microfracture surgery. HOWEVER, you'd be hard pressed to find another franchise that would give a player 111 mil after 3 major knee surgeries in a span of 18 months. That's unprescidented and insane. I'd be more at ease with the team offering him the max coming off of one knee surgery. But three? For a dude who relies on a quick first step, we don't know what we'll get come next season. The dude's knee is torn up. I'm not mad at him for taking the money, because anyone would if they were in his shoes. I'm pissed at the organization for giving him the money we did (and potentially mortgaging our future for a bit). This deal could come back to bite us in the !++.

we have come to an understanding doublejs, very good assessment...and that was a big win for the wiz kids last night, much needed. i hope this aint "firstgame under a new coach syndrome". they gotta keep consistency, especially blatche. one of the main differences i saw last night was that they let everyoneplay, even the young kids. they cant learn by sitting on the bench; they gotta get minutes...

that was eddie j's win..........they beat a slum warriors team without ellis

blatche is still a bum...........................LA 12-1

Ryan.. you a Lake Show fan like myself?? Good stuff.. I knew you were aiight with me for some reason...

But I will say this. Since Tapscott hasn't coached a REAL team (College at that) in 20 years.. He might just be telling them to go run and gun like theywere on a Playground which may be the only way some of the young dudes know how to play....

He could be on to something.. BUT

They will still be the bottom dwellers...lol

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Jevale McGee.....

smh.gif

roll.gif
Maaaaan....last night, that boy was about as shook as Dexter Manley trying to read Cat in the Hat.

That game was an embarrassment....1st Wizards game I have ever left mid-way thru the 3rd quarter. I gotta agree w. Rock. Taps is prolly having the dudes runn' gun like they are out at an Alldaz tourney. I read somewhere that the dudes on the Magic were calling out the Wizards plays even before they ran them.
laugh.gif
I don't care if we had Gil, Todd, or even Jeff Ruland on our team....this squad is in HORRIBLE shape. It was only a matter of time before we gotexposed. Everyone wants to blame our failures on injuries, but anyone who has an ounce of b-ball knowledge could have seen this coming from a mile away. Atthis point, I hope we win 4 more games all season and go 6-76. Hopefully then, we would get enough ping pong balls to get Blake Griffin. However with theWizards luck/plan, we would end up drafting Jesse Sapp with the #1 overall.

this squad is in HORRIBLE shape
Exactly, that's why I questioned the firing of Eddie Jordan. Him being fired did not and will not accomplish anything, this team is doomedfor the year.

I'm not sure where all this love for Eddie Jordan is coming from.

This is the same coach who fell in love with Jared Jeffries, playing him MAJOR minutes and stubbornly insisting that Jeffries check the opposing squad'stop scorer, e.g. Lebron James and Tracy McGrady.

EJ's rotations have been uniformly awful. The young players haven't developed. The team NEVER played any defense. Has anyone noticed a meaningfuldropoff in offensive production in moving from the "Princeton offense" to the EBC free for all offense? Were it not for McGee's alley oops - andhe's probably about 40% on those this year - you'd be forgiven for asking if any of the Wizards' baskets are assisted. Teams generally wised up tothe backdoor cut roughly around the time nylon supplanted twine. It worked once in a bronze moon.

Let's be honest for a minute. The Wizards grab an offensive board or pull back after pushing against numbers on a break and throw the ball back out to theperimeter. One of the Wizards' guards signals. Buck says, "and now the Wizards go into Eddie Jordan's Princeton offense." What happensnext? Three guys listlessly change sides of the floor. You've seen sharper cuts from marching bands. Nobody gets open. One pass later somebodyinvariably gives up, goes one on one (or one on two) and forces up a bad shot. End possession. Genius. Offensive genius.

Somebody made a big deal of the fact that the Nets haven't made it past the second round since Eddie Jordan left New Jersey. Neither have the Wizards.
I don't consider perennial first round exits a success, nor do I consider it "overachieving" given the talent on this roster. Yes, the team hasbeen injury depleted over the last two years - but they had no business losing to Cleveland, bad calls and all, three years ago. The team could not get stopswhen it counted, could not EXECUTE when it counted. That's a reflection of the coach.

Had the Wizards managed to keep Thibodeau, it's possible Jordan would've kept his job and the Wizards would actually be playing closer to potential -but that's a big 'if.' Who knows if those two opposing styles would meld? We still don't know what, aside from the Big 3, led toThibodeau's sudden departure.

This season was lost either way. At the very least, the fans deserved to see SOME sign from the front office that the product on display was consideredunacceptable. Jordan had an eternity in NBA head coaching terms to get something done and he failed. Whatever momentum they had two years ago, heading intoAll Star Break as arguably the East's top team, clearly no longer exists.

He lost the team, period. The younger players tuned him out this season, but I don't get the sense that he ever had control of the locker room.

The team won't get any better with Tapscott running the show, but it certainly isn't getting any worse, either. You cut your losses, develop the youngguys, and hope for the curse of les boulez doesn't influence the bouncing of ping pong balls in May.

Another long winter in Washington.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Maaaaan....last night, that boy was about as shook as Dexter Manley trying to read Cat in the Hat.
I have got to steal this one from you.

eek.gif

Sports Quotable indeed.

roll.gif

Like I was tellin' Kev on the phone.

I have my 2k9 franchise in which I'm using the Suns. But its very twilight-zone $+% that The Wizards are 2-12 just like real life and Eddie Jordan wasfired in the game. I'll show a screenshot later.

My-T.

This is the first time...EVER...that I'm actually rooting AGAINST my favorite team pretty much every game. Having a winning season this year won'taccomplish anything for us. We make the playoffs, then what? We get ousted in the first round then get a draft pick in the high teens/early twenties whichGrunfield then messes up. I have zero faith in the front office, which is why I think the FO needs to be pressured by the fans and media to take a player likeGriffin in order to avoid a bust pick which Pecherov is looking to be seeing how he doesn't really seem to be developing at the rate that everyone want himto (I'm definitely rushing to judgment here but I would really prefer to have more value out of that 18th pick in '06 than to have Pecherov at thispoint, possibly in the form of a trade for future picks or something along those lines. Hindsight is 50-50 but I never really saw the point in drafting a bigman whose strengths weren't rebounding, shot-blocking, and defense for the Wizards.)

We should just bench Caron and Gilbert for the rest of this year in hopes of them staying healthy next year for a full year
laugh.gif

the wiz have a long way to go before becoming one of the league's elite teams... and it starts with firing ernie grunfeld, until he is gone the teamwill not improve...

smh.gif
... Filthy.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I'm envious.[/color]
fa27q1.gif

[color= rgb(0, 102, 0)]My-T.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Yup. A goaltending call.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 102, 0)]My-T.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom