Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

View media item 1801080
Just picked up from FedEx today. For some reason they were going to hold it at the facility until the original delivery date to deliver. Ordered on Nov 1st. Was really hesitant to order even with the Hoosiers discount since Adidas doesn't let you return customized items but I couldn't be happier. Colors turned out great and quality seems better than any Nike ID I've purchased. Can't comment on the fit yet but if what everyone saying is true I'm hoping a pair of thick socks and a thin insole can help. Went with the textile upper in mostly navy with grey midsole and red bottoms. Colors similar to last year's navy colorway.

Got my custom pair in that I ordered with the hoosiers code. Took about 3 1/2 wks to get them. Not bad. Quality is nice and I think they look great in person. Mine run big. Wish I had gone down 1/2 size. Comfort and the Boost cushioning seem okay so far. Not as amazing as I was expecting after all the reviews. Will keep playing in them to see if they get better.

http://s239.photobucket.com/user/si3n4/media/D9D4FD98-B556-4711-9322-9E257F452CC4.jpg.html
http://s239.photobucket.com/user/si3n4/media/FE0A079A-A4D5-46A6-A195-07BDEC826ABD.jpg.html
http://s239.photobucket.com/user/si3n4/media/F09BBADE-BA04-4B68-9AF8-464002873655.jpg.html

How long was it until you got your pair? Well, how long after you go the ''order shipped' email anyways

After I received my shipping email I think it took about 7-10 days or my first pair to deliver.

I ordered another pair on November 1st and they are scheduled to be delivered today. I received my shipping email on the 16th.

Both pairs spent considerable time at nearby sorting facilities just sitting there for days. I dont know if its because they were international orders from China or what. But its annoying seeing no process just updates saying its sitting at the same sorting facility day after day.

EDIT

Actually it looks like its scheduled for the 27th. Its literally been at a sorting facility 20 minutes from my house since the 23rd. 4 days to drive 20 minutes?!?

Last edited:
20% off no minimum (some exclusions) at footlocker.com with code "IPFL5W29"

The Rose 6 Xeno is no longer excluded from discounts.

Ordered my Xeno pair today. $115 shipped ( IIRC) ....I can see myself with 3-4 pairs of these lol.

Definitely not the Xeno. They look close to the primeknit... I was decided to buy a miadidas version but now I know they release colorway randomly, I'm hesitating. I wish the boost carrier and outsole were colored.

Definitely not the Xeno. They look close to the primeknit... I was decided to buy a miadidas version but now I know they release colorway randomly, I'm hesitating. I wish the boost carrier and outsole were colored.
I def wish they'd start painting the boost not that that's a hard thing to do on our own

I gotta admit these look doper than i expected, I'm in love with the looks. After ordering they came after almost 3 weeks(Saturday), they came Friday, although the shipper ''did not have info on the package. What do you guys think?
As far as performance, im not very impressed. I have done 3-4 workouts so far, and through 2 or 3 of them i had pain on my right foot, but that's not that bad, i'd call it breaking in. The lockdown is decent. I went half size up as always, and i felt like those fit perfectly, honestly i haven't had a better fit on any shoe. Ventilation is decent also. I didn't feel the whole sacrificing of courtfeel.
Now i gotta ask your guy's opinion or something. The boost. Maybe since that's my first boost EVER, i had high expectations. But i just confirmed this, and upon just touching the sole of the shoes, i cannot make a big difference between the MicroG foam on my UA ClutchfitDrive1. The heel is notably more plush, whereas the forefoot i felt like there was no difference or that even MicroG was more plush there. Now i don't know if that's a valid ''test'', but I'm asking you guys.

Now, is that really what i should have got from the shoe?  

Does the foam need more playing time so it gets more responsive/comfortable? (Because touching the visible boost from the outside is nothing compared to what's on the inside. Touching the visible boost from the outside... that **** feels plush/responsive/bouncy as hell)
Should i try and break them in more by playing once without the default insoles of the shoes?
Maybe take that insole out, put some other insole in?
I would love to hear that there is a small problem here, just so my hype is justified for the boost.
I'd be happy to hear a couple of comments/solutions/opinions/maybe share your experience so i can compare?

The boost itself should feel good immediately with nice step in comfort. The shoe should improve over time though. As the carrier for the boost and midsole in general soften up and compress. I noticed this greatly on the 2015 Crazylight Boost recently. I bought a new pair and compared to my broken in older pair they aren't nearly as comfortable straight out the box.

That sounds reasonable and hopefully the case with me - that the feel and responsiveness gets better over time. Out of the box they felt great as far as comfort as you said in a ''step''. That is when walking/jogging or basically anything where you hit your heel first and then transition to the forefoot. My initial concern was that it felt very stiff(the forefoot!) while sprinting or going up for a dunk. Hopefully it gets better, it been like a couple of days.

Hey guys, I'm new but I've actually been keeping up with this thread for a long time. I wanted to keep up with releases of the Rose 6 and this is the last site I'd think of doing that with lol. but here are some quick phone pictures of my Rose 6 Xeno's that arrived yesterday. I was planning on taking pictures with flash, but long story short I wasn't able to. I probably won't be able to get pictures with flash anytime soon, probably not until Sunday. But here are some pictures without flash.View media item 1814415View media item 1814537View media item 1814539

I don't have the Homes so I don't know if that mesh is the same as the soft mesh on the Xeno's. It is comfortable, it should be on more colorways. The synthetic on the Away is nice too don't get me wrong but mesh has that stretch in case it's snug and it's breathable. Synthetic is durable so it's understandable they have that option. Let's see how Primeknit will compare to the mesh.

View media item 1815496

I don't have the Homes so I don't know if that mesh is the same as the soft mesh on the Xeno's. It is comfortable, it should be on more colorways. The synthetic on the Away is nice too don't get me wrong but mesh has that stretch in case it's snug and it's breathable. Synthetic is durable so it's understandable they have that option. Let's see how Primeknit will compare to the mesh.
I kinda wish it had more xeno color instead of just the little parts like the logos  and other 5 lines, I still like and want them, hopefully jan, hey can you take a pic of the back with the flash on and off, curious to see how the rose symbol is done

View media item 1815496
The mesh on the home colorway is way different than the Xeno's. The home colorway is not as stretchy and in my opinion it's as stuff as the synthetic leather, but the away colorway has better lockdown for some reason.

I kinda wish it had more xeno color instead of just the little parts like the logos  and other 5 lines, I still like and want them, hopefully jan, hey can you take a pic of the back with the flash on and off, curious to see how the rose symbol is done

Yeah not much color on the upper because it's behind a mesh overlay. Rose logo has a metallic finish of chameleon colors. Stands out more than the xeno.

No flash under fluorescent light.
View media item 1816720
Flash. Didn't capture all of the colors.
View media item 1816727

The mesh on the home colorway is way different than the Xeno's. The home colorway is not as stretchy and in my opinion it's as stiff as the synthetic leather, but the away colorway has better lockdown for some reason.

How do you rank the material of the uppers of the pairs you have? Do you have the Lux pair? I still need to get the Home pair

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom