Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

This is why it's better to get an understanding and context behind who's reviewing a shoe and how long they played in them for. The 8 runs extremely long and has phenomenal traction. Most people should go half a size down. I have no idea how someone like NW can give this shoe a below average traction score but say something like the Dame 4 is excellent. Trippin.

This is why it's better to get an understanding and context behind who's reviewing a shoe and how long they played in them for. The 8 runs extremely long and has phenomenal traction. Most people should go half a size down. I have no idea how someone like NW can give this shoe a below average traction score but say something like the Dame 4 is excellent. Trippin.

He says he went true to size in the 8.

It's one thing I simply don't get about nightwing.

There's been so many shoes where I've had to go a half or even full size down and he almost always says true to size.

I never rely on NW for sizing. People have different feet obviously and they have their preferences for fit, but I find myself disagreeing with his thoughts on sizing more often than not.

There's been so many shoes where I've had to go a half or even full size down and he almost always says true to size.
I think it's because his game revolves around spotting up and doing light jogs around the court as opposed to hard cuts, drives, or post ups. If you're just spotting up all game, having a one-to-one fit isn't that important. I mean the guy is tiny in real life and has weak handles based on the clips he uploads so it makes sense why he'd feel a certain way for certain shoes.

Last edited:
I think it's because his game revolves around spotting up and doing light jogs around the court as opposed to hard cuts, drives, or post ups. If you're just spotting up all game, having a one-to-one fit isn't that important. I mean the guy is tiny in real life and has weak handles based on the clips he uploads so it makes sense why he'd feel a certain way for certain shoes.

I went TTS also. I can't stand a shoe where my toe is rightattheend of the toebox - need about a half inch space. If the shoe fits like it should as far as lockdown, then there should be no jamming issues.

from personal experience, i think traction depends on how a person plays. most people complaint about the XXXI's traction, but for me, it's "ok" because i'm not a point guard. quickest movements i make on the court is just straight sprints.
with fitting i guess it's also personal because each foot shape is unique.

from personal experience, i think traction depends on how a person plays. most people complaint about the XXXI's traction, but for me, it's "ok" because i'm not a point guard. quickest movements i make on the court is just straight sprints.
with fitting i guess it's also personal because each foot shape is unique.

The fit also affects everything including the traction too imo.

If the shoe doesn't fit well then you won't be able to the utilize the traction properly because your foot isn't moving perfectly with the shoe.

I was recently wearing the CP3 8 a half size too big and thought the traction was horrid, but I noticed I wasn't utilizing the last set of lace loops.

Put the laces through them, tightened up the shoe, and it felt less bulky, my mobility and stopping power was much greater.

Last edited:
Got my glow in the dark pair in. Half a size down is spot on and the fit is a lot better than the 2017 CE PK. Can also confirm that traction is A1 and in a different tier than the dame 4 + CE

*Quick Update*
- Traction is NOTICEABLY grippier than the 2017 CE, Dame 4, etc., but doesn't bite as hard as the DRose 7. Still in the same tier. Get a translucent pair over solid rubber if possible
- Materials will be stiff at first but get soft really fast, noticeably more breathable and less abrasive than the 2017 CE PK, about the same as the 2017 FK Hyperdunk. The mesh is noticeably more supportive than the what is standard knit nowadays.
- Cushion is a lot more plush than the 2017 CE PK
- Fit is a half size down or more due to the volume in the forefoot (for reference I'm a 9US in the DROSE 7 Primeknit, 8.5US in the AJXXX2, 8.5US Dame 4, 9US in 2017 CE PK, 9US 2017 FK Hyperdunk, 9US Kobe AD Mid, etc.)
- Support is crazy. HUGE outrigger and nicely padded achilles area. Had trouble putting in my foot at first.
- Lockdown is also great. Tons of lace loops that ride up all the way to the ankle.

Cons:
- Materials are really thin, can possibly tear?
- Shoe laces are garbage and possibly too short. Get loose easily.
- The first colorway that came out had quality control issues (white - blue- black translucent). Try to get a newer colorway to be safe.
- WOULD NOT EVER take these outdoors.

Summary:
A definite upgrade over the DRose 7 overall. The 7 was noticeably more bulky because of the ankle overlay. The 8 plays a lot more lighter, is more breathable, and has comparable traction. The toebox jamming problem was also addressed and fixed. I previously owned the DRose 7 Primeknit for reference. Think of this shoe as what the Crazylight line should have been had they got the fit down.

D.Rose 9 hmmm no boost though? Catalog pics looks better. Still early to judge.
screenshot-m.hupu.com-2017-12-15-21-54-37-085.png

-2017-12-15-22-28-32-246.jpg

I ****ing love the way it looks. The apparent lack of boost makes me sad but that primeknit upper looks so damn sweet. Clean *** silo.

Nightwing is one of a small handful of reviewers with an opinion that I'll actually take into consideration. I think that different foot shapes, different playstyles, and different fit preferences all affect a player's opinion of a shoe. That said, the fact that everybody's feet are unique is the the reason that I take all reviews with a grain of salt.

Late in the game on the 7 got myself a Primeknit. I actually bought the wrong size due to Adidas odd size i though i owned the Drose 5 9.5 apparently i owned the 9 i ended up with 9.5 on the 7's but lucky it actually fits. 7's 9.5 seems as big as the 5's 9. you'd think they actually get the size consistent on the same brand & same lineup but nope.

Overall it's heavy. anyone else had issues with tightening the shoe around the top? it keeps getting lose so it doesn't give the ankle lockdown it should. i did use the inner eyelit on the top slots. the tongue is also abit thick and doesn't really wrap around making it an obstruction which moves around.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I personally found the 7 to be more abrasive and needed break in time, especially for the pinky toe area. The 8 was ready to go out the box and had extremely thin mesh.

well I find the material on the 7 primeknit good looking but they don't seem durable. i already have cuts on the tongue area which i felt just doesn't wrap around the leg like it should.

I really wish they retro the 5's it's has the best fit and doesn't seem to have much of a weakness other than the thinner boost.

the 7's just hard to get it tight.

The fit also affects everything including the traction too imo.

If the shoe doesn't fit well then you won't be able to the utilize the traction properly because your foot isn't moving perfectly with the shoe.

I was recently wearing the CP3 8 a half size too big and thought the traction was horrid, but I noticed I wasn't utilizing the last set of lace loops.

Put the laces through them, tightened up the shoe, and it felt less bulky, my mobility and stopping power was much greater.

i have the OG CP3 8, i had to go half a size up due to the narrow toe box. while i have enough space for the toes it feels like the toebox has unusual curved angle that it feels like the shoe's bending your toe inwards. traction wasn't that great at all.

well I find the material on the 7 primeknit good looking but they don't seem durable. i already have cuts on the tongue area which i felt just doesn't wrap around the leg like it should.

I really wish they retro the 5's it's has the best fit and doesn't seem to have much of a weakness other than the thinner boost.

the 7's just hard to get it tight.
7 felt like bricks and should have been catered towards big men moreso than guards. The 8 trimmed down a lot of the unnecessaey bulk at the cost of using lesser quality materials. Still performs better in my opinion.

7 felt like bricks and should have been catered towards big men moreso than guards. The 8 trimmed down a lot of the unnecessaey bulk at the cost of using lesser quality materials. Still performs better in my opinion.

but the design of 8 looks like something from the 00's.

Back
Top Bottom