🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

I've bought lightly worn shoes before (foams, Jordans) as long as they are in pretty good shape. Truthfully, had this sale been an 11, I'd be right there to bid and send them out for a ATC II soleswap!
How did you sanitize them?

I've bought lightly worn shoes before (foams, Jordans) as long as they are in pretty good shape. Truthfully, had this sale been an 11, I'd be right there to bid and send them out for a ATC II soleswap!

If it’s worn a couple of times I can understand that but to pay a high price for a shoe that’s almost 30 years old that is crumbing I just don’t get. You can see the cracking on some of the upper. I’d rather just wait and see if they finally retro them even though it’s likely to have the Atc II midsole.

If it’s worn a couple of times I can understand that but to pay a high price for a shoe that’s almost 30 years old that is crumbing I just don’t get. You can see the cracking on some of the upper. I’d rather just wait and see if they finally retro them even though it’s likely to have the Atc II midsole.

I really hate to say it, but I have a feeling we will never see a retro of the ATC 1. Nike is missing all the opportunity to release Andre's sneakers. It's sad.

Nike retroed the IV’s after 25 years maybe as an anniversary so it’s possible they’ll do something similar with the 1’s next year for the 30th anniversary but who knows.

About this DS non crumbling PU sole 10.5?

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/OGs-VTG-198...-New-in-Box-Deadstock-Size-10-5/253926035101/

6b7df755a0ea51267cbe6c63e58e990d62edc15f.jpg
6b7df755a0ea51267cbe6c63e58e990d62edc15f.jpg

d1cdce8b87243eb349b4ea521284c505124dfffe.jpg

You should try to get a lower price and resole them & craft said sole into a boarded up air unit. The swoosh on these sneakers from 1990 cracked sometime in 2007-2008
cl.jpg
f.jpg

It was significant because it was the only thing that appeared to be disintegrating & I never wore them to experience the inevitable sole blow out because a cracked swoosh was not fresh. I probably just should have worn them and attempted to pass this off as a highly stylized textured swoosh but it's never that serious plus it was just one that was breaking.

Last edited:
Nike retroed the IV’s after 25 years maybe as an anniversary so it’s possible they’ll do something similar with the 1’s next year for the 30th anniversary but who knows.

Did the ATC1 span 88/89? I thought 89 was the intro to the Hot Lava II’s. Please tell me I’m wrong or the 30th for the ATC I ship has sailed.

C9A52248-335F-4461-9ADC-5B86CF6F7CC8.jpeg
I’ve bought beat up pairs just to have an example for the archive. I spray them down with Lysol, pull the insole when I can to tidy it up, clean the outer whenever possible, and then wrap them in plastic. I think of it as “hold over” pairs until a pristine example presents itself. It calms the anxiety of never owning an example.

Found this whIle in a thrift. No racket though. Not sure which version this would have been paired with.

Attachments

• 20181029_141925.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
Just got done watching the documentary Love Means Zero. It's the story on Nick Bollettieri. Lots of old videos of Andre. Was a very good doc. If you haven't seen it, I recommend checking it out.

Also just picked these up. Arrived from the UK today. Vintage new with tag Agassi shorts. Only pulled the trigger as the seller countered my offer by only a few $$ more. Love the color. These are Nike Fit shorts. The drawstring is massively long. I can't recall the year, but they seem to be around the time of the '99 French as he wore a gray pair in his match with Medvedev. Both had the stripe down the sides. Any help on the actual year would be appreciated.

IMG_20181109_211355.jpg
IMG_20181109_211411.jpg

Just got done watching the documentary Love Means Zero. It's the story on Nick Bollettieri. Lots of old videos of Andre. Was a very good doc. If you haven't seen it, I recommend checking it out.

I posted the info about over the past year as I couldn’t wait to see it :smile: I’ve watched it so many times already.

Yeah, I get the impression he just grabbed one of her racquets. I'm wondering what his current deal with Head entails???
Agh, silly me, should have looked at her racquet. I'm not sure what his deal entails either. It must be solid with the release of the "Bumblebee" Radical Trisys, as he was using a POG in the past.

Also just picked these up. Arrived from the UK today. Vintage new with tag Agassi shorts. Only pulled the trigger as the seller countered my offer by only a few $$ more. Love the color. These are Nike Fit shorts. The drawstring is massively long. I can't recall the year, but they seem to be around the time of the '99 French as he wore a gray pair in his match with Medvedev. Both had the stripe down the sides. Any help on the actual year would be appreciated.

IMG_20181109_211355.jpg
IMG_20181109_211411.jpg

Winter 1998, even its was part of his line Agassi never wore that style of short, i remember Carlos Moya in the WTF in the black color.

Back
Top Bottom