Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

IMG_9450.jpeg
Swoosh looks better on here than the upcoming NGs. Why did they ever go away from this mold?

He won an ebay (non authenticated) auction for a worn pair of Chi OG lows….for $125.

Current resell in my size is $1200 :rofl:

I def don’t condone it, but fakes of these have been around for a long time. Do a quick search and you’ll be able to buy replicas at the exact same price. Reddit is also flooded with links and resources. Lots of them end on eBay without authentication, pretty self explanitory. Easy way to make a few bucks and to make the sellerFeel they “came up”.

Obviously homie never intended to get them legit checked so good for him if that’s what he’s into. Win win for both parties.

I’ve never trusted Bay authentication process anyways :lol:

Not sure what y'all are on about. They look exactly like my pair that came straight from Nike. It is still possible for people to mis-list and folks to get a come-up. Not everybody knows what current going rates are on every shoe, or even that there are ways to check it. I'd need a LOT more context before just screaming fake on these.

Not sure what y'all are on about. They look exactly like my pair that came straight from Nike. It is still possible for people to mis-list and folks to get a come-up. Not everybody knows what current going rates are on every shoe, or even that there are ways to check it. I'd need a LOT more context before just screaming fake on these.
There were recent fakes made of these not so long ago. Because there weren’t fakes of these on the initial release, it’s very hard to call out the nuances especially with not a lot of DS pairs to make the comparisons.

But I’d be the first to say the shoe itself doesn’t look as sleek as the original shoe, and the front quarter panel isn’t as thin and contoured. Otherwise they look really great for a replica.

The OP doesn’t claim they’re real and understands the risk that came along with the listing. I’d say it’s a bargain, especially if this was something they really wanted. It’s so hard to justify buying a real pair through an authentication outlet w/ their going rate. They look great, and no one will call him out on it I guarantee. And who knows, he might’ve hit a lick if they’re real 👀….

There were recent fakes made of these not so long ago. Because there weren’t fakes of these on the initial release, it’s very hard to call out the nuances especially with not a lot of DS pairs to make the comparisons.

But I’d be the first to say the shoe itself doesn’t look as sleek as the original shoe, and the front quarter panel isn’t as thin and contoured. Otherwise they look really great for a replica.

The OP doesn’t claim they’re real and understands the risk that came along with the listing. I’d say it’s a bargain, especially if this was something they really wanted. It’s so hard to justify buying a real pair through an authentication outlet w/ their going rate. They look great, and no one will call him out on it I guarantee. And who knows, he might’ve hit a lick if they’re real 👀….
Enjoyed reading the responses. 😂
1692741581673.gif
Buddy you nailed it. Some context, I’ve moved more toward wearing lows and have been checking auctions for a long time for these, have never seen reps. When I saw these I thought I could either take a chance for $125 or watch somebody else get them, I was just hoping to get the shoes pictured and go from there. I was expecting a box of rocks. Yes they are reps but you’re going to have to trust me on this. To me, comparing them to my others the only thing that gives them away is the shoe tag and I can’t understand why they wouldn’t get the production date right when doing a pretty good job on these. I don’t condone fakes and have never worn them but these are so nice and comfortable I’m going to keep them an enjoy them. I’m old enough to not worry about it this one time and can actually enjoy them, unlike if I’d paid 1k for new or $500 plus used. It is what it is, part of it is not having to hunt for these anymore. Bring on the heat. Lol

Last edited:
Placed an order for the Jordan 1 Low Sashiko' Should hopefully receive them in a few weeks. I see that the Jordan 1 Low AJKO Bred are being released tomorrow so will cop a pair of those also :D

wow, no chatter around the atmosphere greys releasing today? everyone waiting for discount to cop?

Almost nothing gets me going like white/grey or black/grey or navy/grey, but I just can't do that colorblocking on a 1 low or high. Something about that darker color on the toebox that just looks like a NikeID gone wrong to me. MIght cop on sale just because the quality looks pretty good and I love the silo, but definitely not a must.

I copped cause i cop every low OG.
Tried snagging a size 5.5 for my SO but it looks like those were the hot sizes.
Men size 5, 5.5, 6, gone.

Almost nothing gets me going like white/grey or black/grey or navy/grey, but I just can't do that colorblocking on a 1 low or high. Something about that darker color on the toebox that just looks like a NikeID gone wrong to me. MIght cop on sale just because the quality looks pretty good and I love the silo, but definitely not a must.
I agree. My attraction is to the silo but the pricepoint was a turnoff for me, at least on non-og colorways.

I copped the elephant print ones because of nostalgia to the supreme dunk lows from the bygone era.

I didn’t see the point in the atmospheres with both the cp3’s and neutral greys dropping in the next 6 weeks.

They look violet in pics because of the low contrast between the two tones they went with. Of the 3 it’s the weakest. Also have the unions this year with similar color blocking. Should have held this for Easter

Back
Top Bottom