Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

IMG_3033.jpeg

FSR...$119

Screenshot_20240522_013935_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240522_013941_Chrome.jpg

Sz 8 & 13 left... for $119

Screenshot_20240522_014124_Chrome.jpg

They intentionally ruined the OG 1 low design by removing a lacehole and shrinking the swoosh so they could sell higher priced 85s at retail.

I’m guessing this decision was made when AJ 1s weren’t completely dead like they are now and this would be mostly fine except the fact that they are wasting great cws like the Shadows, Black Toes, etc. on the awful OG AJ 1 low model instead of the 85 low.
Interesting. Guess it's the same with the non-OG and non-85 model too. Just odd. Good thing I like both OG version and 85s.

As a fan of the reverse swoosh, I’m glad they are. If over saturating the market drives down the cost of entry and makes these more affordable for folks who wear their TS’s I’m here for it
How are they saturating the market by doing a couple of super limited runs every year? The problem with the entire TS relationship is that it's all artificially limited. I don't think 10 more AJ1 lows with the reverse swoosh will make a dent on the overall market for the collab model.

How are they saturating the market by doing a couple of super limited runs every year? The problem with the entire TS relationship is that it's all artificially limited. I don't think 10 more AJ1 lows with the reverse swoosh will make a dent on the overall market for the collab model.

Exactly this…

It’s hilarious to me because they’re pumping out a million colorways of the model but make the runs so limited nobody can get them…Travis collabs are purely for hype purposes…They have no intention in making them available for the masses…

they must mean saturating our niketalk and instagram feeds :lol:

last page folks were saying how JB is doing to the travis scott 1s what adidas did with the yeezy 350, which was start releasing multiple colorways. Eventually interest in them will fade out, whether it is due to too many releases or travis scott himself no longer being relevant

Some releases will still retain value but i could see some CWs being accessible in the resale market

I mean we're going to act like the first run of v2's weren't tough to get?

the first run of belugas dropped a year after adidas dropped the first yeezy shoe. we're 7 years out from the first pair of air force 1s, and 5 years out from the OG highs and lows. Adidas had to set up for an entirely new shoe (and line), the bulk of travis collabs are on models that nike has been making by the millions since the 80s.

Interesting. Guess it's the same with the non-OG and non-85 model too. Just odd. Good thing I like both OG version and 85s.
Actually this is wrong-it isn’t the same at all.

For context, they improved the swoosh on the non-85 OG Highs in the past year or two (look at the swoosh on 2023 Lucky Greens or True Blues vs 2021 OG Highs, for example). For the OG lows, they removed a lacehole and made the swoosh worse on the 2021-present releases vs the 2015-2016 OG lows. I think they figured they could kneecap the OG low model to make 85 lows more attractive. It’s just annoying how they are using good cws like the BTs and Shadows on the non-85 model as I’m sure almost all of us would all gladly pay more for the 85 lows with these cws.

Oh well.

gonna need a couple more of these. Perfect shoe for me to wear to work. It doesn't quite cross the line of what we are not allowed to wear but tame enough to get by without having anyone look at me weird.
IMG_0208.jpeg

Very interesting office set up

*Although I haven't worked in a cubicle farm in years, trying to piece together clues on the corporate environment that has a dress code, but you have a tall door office, red sharpie, loveseat and TV.
What industry are you in? :emoji_spy::emoji_thinking::emoji_smiley:

I unds the shadow lows today and they are comfortable…maybe its just me but the lows in general feel more comfortable compared to the highs…then again I’m wearing in the office and not walking around outside on the concrete lol…the laces are short on these and had to swap with my black toe lows… what size are the laces for the lows? I’m bout to cop a black lace so I don’t have to keep swapping out the laces…

Back
Top Bottom