Official Air Jordan 13 Retro Thread

77BB11C7-1045-48E0-9C3C-3355FCE29C74.jpeg

I tried to tell ya at the time :lol:
I remember some other people here semi-mocking my enthusiasm for them, calling that release a fail etc.
Seems funny now …

I was one of the first people in Footlocker to secure them and it was a friend that worked there that stopped me before I went to Finish Line. Also, they were $190 exactly due to them releasing on tax free weekend.

The 2018 black toes are a pretty acceptable retro IMO. The comfort and cushioning is there on them, and they made some small improvement over previous retro 13s like upgrading the insole.

I was wearing mine in the rotation for a little while and really liked them. I think those and the flints are both good retros compared to the previous 10 years.

I'd actually dig those if they were just white/black instead of that goofy green color. Like basically a black-toe low. I don't mind the different pattern on the upper panel.

I seriously don't know the level of likability for XIII low-tops with Jordan Brand enthusiasts after all these years. I definitely don't like them myself. I always associate classic Jordan models with mid-top cut predicated on how I always saw MJ wearing them that way on court during the apexes of both of his legendary stints with the Bulls.

With all that said, the only low-top Jordans I will ever like are the XI. And I'm glad the Concord XI from 2014 and Georgetown XI from 2015 are the only two low-top XI I have in my possession. My affinity for low-top XI stemmed from seeing Jordan wear the Concord XI low with his street clothes at the 1996 championship parade.

What about the no suede/nubuck on the midsole?
Yeah the lack of suede is stupid. Oh well, wasn’t buying either way.

I seriously don't know the level of likability for XIII low-tops with Jordan Brand enthusiasts after all these years. I definitely don't like them myself. I always associate classic Jordan models with mid-top cut predicated on how I always saw MJ wearing them that way on court during the apexes of both of his legendary stints with the Bulls.

With all that said, the only low-top Jordans I will ever like are the XI. And I'm glad the Concord XI from 2014 and Georgetown XI from 2015 are the only two low-top XI I have in my possession. My affinity for low-top XI stemmed from seeing Jordan wear the Concord XI low with his street clothes at the 1996 championship parade.
I like some of the lows. MJ had more than a few PE lows on the court. I was always annoyed we couldn’t get them at the time. But XI lows definitely best to me, too.

Back
Top Bottom