Official Air Jordan 20 Thread (Black/White - Cool Grey 6/6/2015 $220)

I'm copping these XXs. The pair I bought back in 2005 fits me a little tight. I need to get a bigger size this time around. Love the Stealths. Probably will be a limited release knowing JB.

it was mainly a style aspect of the design. it gives nothing if not connected to the tab. it actually can pinch you and be very bothersome if you don't connect it. when connected it gives a bit of extra support. it is gimmicky but it's not completely useless either. I don't think they were going as much for performance with the strap vs a unique design

good reply. I understand where you're coming from with that, but I all I can remember is how idiotic they looked to me when they first released...with pants on though, you don't notice the ankle strap, and they look a whole lot better to me...

I've only worn the black cat XX's from the cdp, and they were extremely uncomfortable, but I'm willing to possibly buy a pair of these stealths because of the color way....willing to give this shoe one last chance..lol

WHEN THESE FIRST DROPPED …. THE MASSES HATED EM… NO ONE COULD DEAL WITH THE STRAP… THE STEALTHS MADE YOU LOVE EM. IF I HAVE THE FUNDS WHEN THEY RELEASE, ILL COP

Because people like them. A better question is why did you come in this thread just to make a troll post? :rolleyes

I should've said "why are they retroing these before the XVI and XVIIs?" Sans CDP, those deserve a proper retro treatment as MJ actually wore them (along with the XVIIIs and FBIs) but JB is deciding to retro the XXs 1st (which I have already said I don't like). My question was also asking if these were supposedly be some sort of 10th anniversary release, which I should've clarified.

Like the Dub Zeros, the Jordan XX's were a anniversary shoe. Seeing its Jordans 30th anniversary, they bring back the shoes with the laser print that commemorate the legacy.

My only logical explanation.

stealth >> OG > QS...

QFT.

I remember these selling out on FNL's site the Saturday they released in '05. One of the best "new" Jordan colorways to come out during that time, and easily one of the better nicknames.

Even if the sell for $220, I'll still cop. I couldn't afford them at 15, so it's a blessing to be able to now.

i got the OG cw, I remember wanting the stealths so bad. XXs are so underrated, not those regional colowrays tho

But damn tho, who started that rumor that 23s was pose to be the last JB sig model?

I don't think that was a rumor. JB publicized them as the last signature shoe. Imo it's truly pointless to continue numbering them. Stopping the signature line at 23 was the best move they could've made. But where there's money to be made...

I would imagine so, i think everything from this point on is 'remastered'
I'm so sick of that word lol. I can't believe how well that stuck. but anyways, these aren't "remastered" in the same sense. they never retro'd before so the model hasn't really declined over the years. what is there to "remaster"? they're either going to do them right, or start another era of slight changes and trolls so they can retro them again in 4 years slightly better. some people didn't grasp it, but the whole "remaster" thing was about the entire line. not just individual shoes. so most likely these will be done pretty close to the original maybe with just the typical slight changes in color and material, nothing major I assume

Still remember when non-Jordan brand member Daniel Ewing was the first player in the NBA to wear the 20's. If memory serves me correct he cut of the ankle strap as well. I forgot who it was, but someone wrote a dissertation (Jordan 20 thread) on how it was just an ugly debut for a Jordan flagship shoe.

Still remember when non-Jordan brand member Daniel Ewing was the first player in the NBA to wear the 20's. If memory serves me correct he cut of the ankle strap as well. I forgot who it was, but someone wrote a dissertation (Jordan 20 thread) on how it was just an ugly debut for a Jordan flagship shoe.
Wow, don't remember that. I remember a few pairs Ray wore. Anyone got a picture?

I'm also commenting for the obligatory mention that Ewing went to dook, so....GO HEELS.

IIRC, Darvin Hamm wore the XXs, even years after their release, with the strap cut off.

The strap was beyond BS, but it looked good the way Jesus wore them with actual ankle protection.

Furthermore (not sure if already discussed), the XX was insanely annoying to put on. For me at least, my socks would always ride up when putting them on. The laces and strap would have made more sense if there was a more traditional tongue, or even just split down the middle.

And then there was the issue with the Velcro :lol:. I forgot how finicky these shoes were.

I got the blk/wht which were my favorite, I loved the contrasting color. Stealth was ok and the off white ones didn't do it for me. I was no fan of the regional ones. Mine are still in good condition. Refresh my memory, which were the qs?

I think Derek Anderson who often wore Air Jordans also wore the XX without the ankle velcro strap.
He wore the white/varsity red-blacks (initial colorway).

I got the blk/wht which were my favorite, I loved the contrasting color. Stealth was ok and the off white ones didn't do it for me. I was no fan of the regional ones. Mine are still in good condition. Refresh my memory, which were the qs?
I think the white with the black strap (the one you have?) is the QS.

I remember calling the one with the red strap the OGs. Had those and the Stealths. Always wanted the QS pair though.

A definite cop, just grimy on the wallets that I'll be dropping well over $400 on those and the tropical teal 4's on the same day

Back
Top Bottom