Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

$200??
I don't even pay that for Foams.
laugh.gif

When nike sends shoes out to to retail, I wonder do the execs ask themselves, does this shoe look like its going to be on clearence 2 months after release. Cause this one is gonna be on there in two weeks.................horrible!!

To me these look like a cross between the CP3-3 and AJ XI, they ok in terms of looks, they look clean but maybe a lil too plain for me. The tech looks off the chain I'd def wanna lace those up n see how they perform, they look crazy comfy with those interchangeable sockliners

via CounterKicks.com

Tinker Hatfield Designed The Air Jordan 2011

tinker-hatfield-air-jordan-2011-designer.jpg

Confirmed: Tinker Hatfield designed the new Air Jordan 2011.

CounterKicks has confirmed who designed the new Air Jordan 2011: Tinker Hatfield.

Hatfield, Vice President of Special Projects for Nike, was also the lead designer on Air Jordan III-XV (and conception of XVI), XX, XX3, and last year’s Air Jordan 2010.

While most shoes, especially on a statement level signature product such as the Air Jordan, are essentially co-designed by an entire team, you now have someone to partially focus your love, hate, snark, shame and Photoshops towards on the Air Jordan 2011. Stay classy, Internets.

http://counterkicks.com/2...ned-the-air-jordan-2011/

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

i hope to GOD that those aren't really the 2011's. if they are this is the lowest point in jordan brands history.

This.  I don't think there will be another good Jordan shoe EVER.  The XX3's were the last...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Actually BMW's are sporty, and I've driven a 6 series

Especially when you get to the M5's and M6's
exactly...BMW is a SPORTS luxury company

polo is a SPORTS luxury company

Brand Jordan sees themselves da same way...you see all those press interviews they give..its like Marc Jacobs himself was stitching da seams together...
laugh.gif

if they wanna play that card then they need to just do it NOW before da brand integrity completely erodes...NO ONE cares about jordans after 23....NO ONE

cares about people signed on JB.....da clothes are GETTING a lil better...but whats da difference between coppin a cool nike shirt, vs a cool JB shirt? nuffin....

cut production, increase quality, and play on that exclusive/prestige card....it OBVIOUSLY works, look at da UGLY BIN23 jordans that sell out just cuz their exclusive...

da kiddies can get another brand to latch on, time for JB to grow up with their fans, not cater to people to never seen him play...then da effective "trickle down effect"

will work, kiddies know about gucci, LV, etc. even know they can afford it they KNOW thats where they gotta get to...

jordan is in a position where they can do da same thing....first OFFICIAL sports luxury brand.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

laugh.gif
Sporty? No man. The 6 series are heavy and turn like garbage. M5 and M6 are both glorified luxury sedan chassis with tuned parts. Very nice cars, but not at all sports performance cars. I personally love the M5 and the M6, but I don't consider them sports cars at all.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

stop talking about cars...you know ZERO about them.

*heads to general for da lulz*

if JB went luxury, they'd alienate their primary customer base. all that smack they talk of their classiness is only to impress a lower to middle class. this aint gonna change any time soon, or ever. why shoot a successful cash cow?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
Sporty? No man. The 6 series are heavy and turn like garbage. M5 and M6 are both glorified luxury sedan chassis with tuned parts. Very nice cars, but not at all sports performance cars. I personally love the M5 and the M6, but I don't consider them sports cars at all.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

They aren't sports cars. BMW is not a sports car brand. They don't have a true sports car in their lineup. They are a luxury brand. Nor is Jordan Brand a "luxury brand". Maybe in the hood, but that's about it. Drive one for an extended amount of time and then come talk to me. I had a 650i in my garage for over 4 months. It handled like garbage. It was a real nice ride for a luxury car, but they're not sports cars.

Oh wait, you still living in that closet full of Nike boxes huh? I guess you don't need a car for that. No wonder YOU don't know what you're talking about.

I think theyre clean and nice. I dont think the bottom should be baby blue, I'd prefer a charcoal or red. Boring? Sure, a little. I feel they'll age well though. Interchangeable insoles is corny though, should just stick with the full zoom with a double stack in the back. Also, if theyre 200 thats just plain stupid.

http://i53.tinypic.com/35lhoqc.jpg
These are the only cw I'm feeling. Most of my retro J's I use as casual shoes, but these I would buy to ball in. The 2010's were great for on court performance! I even got the UNC to chill in because they are so comfortable. Don't know if I'll be down to drop $200 for these...discount price tho and I would not hesitate to cop. Will have to wait till I see the final product in person and try them on my feet to decide how I really feel about these

laugh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

They aren't sports cars. BMW is not a sports car brand. They don't have a true sports car in their lineup. They are a luxury brand.

like i said, BMW is a DRIVER'S sports luxury company.

jordans are luxury sneakers at this point, they need to play their card and just go upmarket.

I'm sure the performance of this shoe is probably going to be great, but the style/look of the shoe is plain & simple. I mean nothing stands out. Even though they were not popular (2009s &2010s) but they did have the heel '09s & the hole '10s. The 2011s just look boring to me. Maybe the right color way will do them some justice.

They aren't sports cars. BMW is not a sports car brand. They don't have a true sports car in their lineup. They are a luxury brand.

like i said, BMW is a DRIVER'S sports luxury company.

jordans are luxury sneakers at this point, they need to play their card and just go upmarket.
You're a real funny dude man. You know what a real sports luxury car brand is? Porsche. I love how people talk about things they don't have any experience with. Once you drive a real sports car, you'll know the difference. Just like if you wear a real luxury shoe, you'll know the difference. If Jordan Brand went "upmarket" with their shoes, they would lose out on their bread and butter customer, the lower/middle class consumer who thinks they are a luxury brand. With the quality and materials of Jordan Brand in the past 10 years, I wouldn't call them luxury anything. More like budget scammers getting fools to think they are a luxury brand. Looks like it worked.
laugh.gif

Back to the topic, I heard rumblings that the side panel that looks unfinished on the prototype model is in fact very unfinished. I'm very curious as to what the final product will look like. The lines/silhouette on the shoe are pretty nice.

Originally Posted by eltouha

"BMW is known for its performance and luxury vehicles, and is a global leader in premium car sales."

from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW

i hope that settles it. back to the shoes, please.

It was obvious dude didn't know about cars to say that. You have BMW's that compete in race car events overseas.

Originally Posted by eltouha

"BMW is known for its performance and luxury vehicles, and is a global leader in premium car sales."

from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW

i hope that settles it. back to the shoes, please.

It was obvious dude didn't know about cars to say that. You have BMW's that compete in race car events overseas.
So tell me Magic, what makes a 6 series or a 5 series Sedan a Sports car? Since you've "driven" one, you really think it's a sports car? I've merely been stating that BMW is a bad example of a sports car. Considering they don't even have a sports car in their lineup. Just because BMW has an F1 team doesn't mean it has a Sports car in it's consumer lineup. Educate yourself before you make brash statements like I don't know about cars.

Back
Top Bottom