Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by kc37

I like them.
I also liked the 2010's from the jump.
I'm also 36 and married, and wear shoes because I like them, and not to impress others. It's easy for you 20-somethings to jump on the bashing bandwagon, but when you're old enough to not give a crap what other people think about you, it's liberating. The upside is that if you guys really don't like it, it will be much easier for me to wait and pick up other colorways at the outlets (like the 2010), so, thank you for that.
I'm 30, married, with two kids.  And I don't want my kids getting beaten up at Kindergarten because they are wearing WHACK shoes.  That's why I outfit them with Kobe's and LeBron's. 
ps- It will be an easy cop for everyone, because the shoe sucks. It's funny how supply and demand works.

Originally Posted by iriepirate21

I like them.
I'm also 36 and married, and wear shoes because I like them, and not to impress others. It's easy for you 20-somethings to jump on the bashing bandwagon, but when you're old enough to not give a crap what other people think about you, it's liberating. The upside is that if you guys really don't like it, it will be much easier for me to wait and pick up other colorways at the outlets (like the 2010), so, thank you for that.
I'm 30, married, with two kids.  And I don't want my kids getting beaten up at Kindergarten because they are wearing WHACK shoes.  That's why I outfit them with Kobe's and LeBron's. 
ps- It will be an easy cop for everyone, because the shoe sucks. It's funny how supply and demand works.

Fear of kids getting beaten up in kindergarten because they're wearing shoes their fickle parents consider "WHACK"!?  K-garteners aren't old enough to understand shoes at that level without some WHACK and insecure parents socializing them to do so.

Sad that materialsm is shaping your parenting this much.

And I fail to see how this shoe sucks.  It looks like a monster of a performance BASKETBALL shoe with very subtle hints of style... almost XII-like.

Originally Posted by Caesar Blaximus Prime

I like them.
COSIGN 1,000,000%
ditto

Clkru, you obviously missed the joke. I wasn't serious when I said I was worried about my kids getting jacked, lol.My point is that people from all age groups will shun this shoe, and rightfully. The complete lack of creativity from JB is quite frankly, astounding. I used to buy Js like a fiend, and looked forward to every new release since 1989 (really, I've been a shoe head since the 80's). But after the xx3s (I've got two pairs) it's been nothing short of disaster after disaster. And this isn't opinion, but fact, backed up by atrocious sales numbers for the sig and scores of shoes scattered across the outlets almost immediately after launch.Back directly to the 2k11, you like it and say it has hints of the XII. Why can't the shoe be original and groundbreaking? What's holding JB back from launching shoes that defined generations of ballers like the old days? The answer probably lies in the huge sales numbers for retros and JB trying to recreate old magic instead of conjuring up some new tricks. It's ironic, you dogged me for being materialistic, when thats probably what's holding the most signature line of shoes in history, back.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

I like them.
COSIGN 1,000,000%
ditto
Word. I'm 37 and wear basketball shoes for playing basketball. Function and performance are my top priority. Style is nice, but more like the cherry on top. I'll grab a pair at a reasonable price if they perform. Hopefully the masses don't like the style so I can get them on the cheap...

I like them.
COSIGN 1,000,000%

RIGHT!!!!!! but i guess i am a old head.... 

Heard a rumor D Wade will be wearing these for Xmas. I'm looking forward to seeing these more than the Lebron Xmas or the Grinch Kobes.

You can clearly see them in the white/red colorway here that Wade will wear on Xmas. They're exactly like the Osneaker sample. I'm a bit underwhelmed at this point. With the right colorways they will look ok, but for now, the white upper pairs don't look all that... I feel like a Black upper/White lower a la Playoff XII's will look 
pimp.gif
for these.

Just saw the warm ups and hes wearing white and black versions. They do look good on the court- so simple and clean, I like em!

Wade was wearing these today (Christmas) for the pre-game shootaround.  I snapped a quick iPhone pic on my TV with my DVR paused...
df1368745a6e652da6ed795f8387cf3c71d74f75_r.jpg

Damn those are smooth.

I think these are nice - I could see MJ wearing these during his Bulls days.

Look pretty smooth to me. Will wait till they go on sale or for eastbay 20% off at least

Anyone have a screen capture of where Wade just slid on the floor and put the shoe up against the camera? (watching the lakers/heat game) VERY close up view of what he's wearing.

Back
Top Bottom