Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I can't front. These are growing on me.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Awesome infrared pair! I was thinking they would laser all the white leather like the XX's but I guess not.

i order me a id pair i designed like the xx3 stealth and i might get me one more pair all red, you guys plus the custom design ability sold me on these, i did lows but i'm order some hi's insert to switch out

Can't deny it how much people hate this shoes since it released. At first, i also doubted whether to get this shoes or not. When i see it in person, i quickly fall in love with the shoes. I bought the Air Jordan 2012 Wolf Grey Deluxe colorway, & I love it ever since! Its really a beautiful, crafted shoes. The shoes surely looks better than 2009, 2010 & 2011 imo. Its ain't that ugly as many people said. I don't know why so much hate on this shoes until some people goes as far as saying this 2012 is the ugliest signature shoes ever made by Jordans. Ya rite....

Not a fan of these at all. Im sure these would be great for the courts. But I rock Jordans for casual use. To ball, i'll stick with signature Nike's or Adidas D. Rose shoes.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Not a fan of these at all. Im sure these would be great for the courts. But I rock Jordans for casual use. To ball, i'll stick with signature Nike's or Adidas D. Rose shoes.
Why limit yourself? 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Johnny Appleseed

During the All-Star Weekend, Jordan Brand had a trailer set up with the Jordan 2012's. They allowed you to customize a pair with an exclusive colorway for a bootie and some lasering. The colors they offered were Cement Grey, Concord, Altitude Green, Infrared, Thunder Yellow, and Military Blue. The price was $200 and the shoe was completed in about an hour.

My brother made his pair with Infrared and got something personal lasered on the side.

Here are some pics, I finally took some.

wow.... this shoe would have looked way better with the jumpman 23 on the side than the huge jumpman

Originally Posted by cubanref

Originally Posted by KenJi714

the grey color is dope imo. But at 225 ? Man sometime you just have to stop the urge . Hopefully they drop down to 150 by summer
Now I understand that 223 is a lot, but from a business standpoint it makes sense. Whats the average that people who miss out on a retro or limited release pay? Its about $220-300. Look in the buy/sell forum and you'll see. JB and Nike know that if you miss out you have basically no other option besides re-sellers, unless you get lucky with a random restock or return at a store you're SOL. The way they see it is if people are willing to pay 220+ for a dodo quality retro then most people shouldn't have a problem with paying $223 for a "high-end" quality shoe even with its gimmicks. Even when these shoes go on clearance/outlets re-sellers will buy them up and sell them for at least retail and JB still makes money. They don't lose either way. You have $95 KD's going for $200+, $140 Kobes going $200+, $170 Lebrons going for $220+ etc...The shoe game isn't what it used to be anymore. Most people now a days buy 2 pairs, one to keep and one to sell for profit. Can't hate but its the reason why prices are going up in JB/Nike. JB is trying to cut out the middle man(re-seller) by raising prices. I'm not justifying the increase in price but I do understand why they are doing it somewhat...hope that makes sense
laugh.gif

Plus I only paid about $170 after using my vip cards so I didn't feel too bad 
tongue.gif

its not about any of that at all.  with the deluxe versions your paying for the shoes, two sets of liners, the three insoles, two bags and the oversized box to hold it all, hence the higher pricetag.  if you just purchase the regular model with one liner, one insole and the regular box then the price is $180 which is inline and even slightly less than some sig models in the past...

i like these... very unique.. cant think of any other shoe thats come out that will have so many different options to choose from... we will be able to make all kinds of diferent liners that will keep the shoe fresh and able to go with just about anything... i hve the yotd and volt grey... love em both! cant wait to start id'ing some liners!

reviewed the eastbay sizing on these

they indicate the volts and unc fit true to size

it is the A, E and Q that they say go up a 1/2

Traction on these is a bit iffy on dusty courts. More so than most shoes i've experienced, first problem i've had with these since purchased.

I wonder what JB Has instal for us in 2013 ?Where do they go from here ?The concept (not design) of this shoe is amazing !So much detail, tech and innovation !

Interesting concept, but there are a few flaws:
Firstly, they are indeed hideously ugly.
Secondly, they jacked up the price because they claim you are getting three shoes for the price of one. Which in one way is true since you get three insoles, but regardless of that, as soon as the soles wear out all three super expensive insoles are useless.
I preferred nike's morf concept where you could change the outer so you weren't limited by insole wear.

whats killing me is two pairs of yotds? really? ill probably get the black and white pair, but i dont understand how you can have two pair of yotds?

I finally got to see these in person at the HOH on 34th. Damn. I had the YOTDs on foot and was shocked that they actually look good with jeans.
That being said, I just couldn't pull the trigger. $223 plus NYC tax was just too much to handle. I'm going to keep looking though, because these are serious.

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

whats killing me is two pairs of yotds? really? ill probably get the black and white pair, but i dont understand how you can have two pair of yotds?

I would've copped both colorways, but putting dragons and fire on both pairs killed it for me. I can respect Chinese culture, but I'm not Chinese and I don't want dragons on the tongue or side if my shoes. The colorways were enough to make them YOTD without the Dungeons and Dragons graphics.

Originally Posted by airsully

reviewed the eastbay sizing on these

they indicate the volts and unc fit true to size

it is the A, E and Q that they say go up a 1/2

I always wear a 10.5 and I got the wolf grey' and they are a bit snug. I got an 11 in the yotd and they are better.... Amazing shoe.

Originally Posted by misterj

i think the YOTD would have looked 100x better had they gone with a black or white liner instead of yellow. 

There are two ways for u to make this possible.1. U buy the YOTD and one pair of the white/blacksWhich comes with black sockliners2. U make a nike ID with the same colors and materialsOf the YOTD but choose a black sockliner!

Originally Posted by cubanref

Well I caved in and put the YOTD's on layaway. It was the last sz 13 they had at my HOH and I have some vip cards from footlocker coming in the next few weeks so I'll just wait for them to come in so that I don't have to end up paying retail lol. Was debating between these and the cool greys but I figure they will go on sale sooner or later anyways. Can't wait to get them
pimp.gif

Nice with the YOTD's, pics I have seen make em look dope. On another note, what's the deal with the VIP cards from FTL? I needed to spend 33 bucks to reach platinum status and I spent like 90 n change on Sunday and I checked my account today and that %*$ said $0.00 spent. When you do reach platinum what do they send you?

The YOTD are much nicer in person then viewing from pics plus the packaging is top notch. Cant lie the YOTD are probably the only 2012 I am copping unless they can come with a decent concept that is nice. Those YOTD 2 is wrong name for them why not Ninjas or something stupid like that stay away from YOTD repeats one time thru is cool but not twice with the same shoe.

Back
Top Bottom