Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

30dids3.jpg

As you can see, this was one of the original sketches by Tinker.  For those that don't know or haven't noticed, for the past 2 AJ's Tinker does the initial sketching and concepts for the shoe then hands off the rest of the design work to Tom Ludecke and the design team.  This was done for the 2011 as well as the 2012.  IMO the original shoe that Tinker sketched is HOT and it just sucks that the final product didn't translate.

If you read Driven From Within, you will know that Tinker also did the initial sketches and concept for the XVI then handed off the rest of the design duties to Wilson Smith.

Capping off the "Day of the 2012" is another recap from sneakernews.com

air-jordan-2012-media-launch.jpg

Jordan Brand is well known for pulling out all the stops for the launch of a new flagship model, and this year’s Air Jordan 2012 media unveiling was certainly no exception. Sneaker News was fortunate to be part of a select group of media picked up this morning and driven to a mystery location for the event. The cars eventually pulled up to a hangar in New Jersey’s Teterboro Airport with a large metallic Jumpman logo on the side of the building leaving little doubt that we had arrived at our destination. Once inside, media was “checked in

I seriously don't know why they didn't promote this shoe with more exciting CWs ? It really helps the shoe stand .Spewing we can't get Nike ID in Australia , and yotd's aren't coming here either !==I recall from the first 2012 thread , one nter wonders how they gonna stack these on the hash wall at the outlets ??!!
tongue.gif

ughhhh STUPID FLYWIRE! Without those lines I'd probably already have the Wolf/Volt system. Gonna take a crazy colorway for me to drop 200+...perhaps I can use a finish line connect when these drop to 149 or so....

Nice marketing move from Tinker. Wear shoes uglier than the ones you are trying to sell. Nice Job!

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Nice marketing move from Tinker. Wear shoes uglier than the ones you are trying to sell. Nice Job!

really, the oregon 3's???? you crazy for that one

Like I said in the last thread, its the Blk/White joints with the Red low cut liner and Fly Through for me!!!

does anyone know how many unc's were produced?...............................................................peace23

I was shocked when I saw these release on Eastbay today. Makes me really miss the days where there was so much anticipation for the new Jordan release. These flew right under the radar and will be in outlets within a few months.

I attended the launch event yesterday courtesy of Jordan Brand and I was really impressed by everything I learned. At first glance not many will like the shoe or appreciate its true beauty, but given a few minutes or hours to test it out I think ANYONE would be a satisfied customer. I must admit I wasn't not too fond of the sneaker when I first saw it (UNC Blue colorway) but after giving it a try I realized how high up the shoe is on the footwear performance ladder.

JB's new route on the signature AJ line is to make it the best on court performance sneaker possible then worry about the cosmetics. What good is a new basketball shoe if it doesn't hold up on the court? The entire "Flight System" is pure genius and even surpasses what Nike did with the Kobe (Believe it or not the two lines are very different). While the $180 and $223 price tags aren't the best way to launch the new model, I can assure you that you get the best product JB offers at that range.

In other news the Nike iD possibilities will be the most offered compared to any other shoe ever featured on the site. You can pick the sole from solid to transculent, the upper from suede, leather or another texture which slipped my mind. You can even choose the Flywire coloring, speckle options and your choice of insole and bootie. Definitely look out for that.

Originally Posted by deionandmelo

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

really, the oregon 3's???? you crazy for that one

happy.gif
 Yo limited aside, those 3s have so much junk they look like spizikes almost. Never catch me wearing them. I am a big fan of 3s too.

these are already up on eastbay
grin.gif
 looks like i will passing on these, hard to swallow that retail
tired.gif
 might pick up a pair once they go on clearance though
ohwell.gif

$223...maybe im just getting older but that seems a bit high...however i am sure it is a great perfomance shoe, but damn for 223 they better come with a glory hole

Originally Posted by chonkeyb

$223...maybe im just getting older but that seems a bit high...however i am sure it is a great perfomance shoe, but damn for 223 they better come with a glory hole

$223 is the price so you can get the entire package. Rest of the releases are $180 and have only one insole/midsole to choose from each.Unless you buy every $180 release you will never have the whole package. Super marketing.

^^^ I would try and hold off until you can use 20% off on them. What I like to do is add a large number to my cart and act like im checking out and I can eventually find how many pairs they have left in that size. This thread the close ill get to these shoes. Add a large number first but remember you must hit checkout for Eastbay to check inventory against your order. Ofcourse you just hit delete item when you see that big $$$ sign.

Wow....A ton of news this week regarding the 2012's...Official launch pictures, releases and I.D. previews were alot to handle...Now we get word that a "2012 Lite" will also drop...

This version looks like it will have a full flywire upper and looks very similiar to the early samples we saw last year...Check it out:

250un45.jpg

Compare to the samples from last year...

AIR-JORDAN-2012_NEW2.jpg

my initial response 
sick.gif
 not even going to lie, some cw's are starting to look kinda 
pimp.gif
 got me feeling 
embarassed.gif

Gotta give it to you, Jordan Brand, these latest images and colorways look tip-top. The initial side view may not have been the best angle to show these shoes from. All real-world viewing angles of this shoe, including top view and 3/4 views, show the shoe's athletic stance and hint at a top-performing sneaker.
I'll admit, some of these colorways are spectacular.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

In other news the Nike iD possibilities will be the most offered compared to any other shoe ever featured on the site. You can pick the sole from solid to transculent, the upper from suede, leather or another texture which slipped my mind. You can even choose the Flywire coloring, speckle options and your choice of insole and bootie. Definitely look out for that.

When I was messing with the ID options I noticed they had a bunch of classic JB color options (fire red, military blue, true blue, aqua, etc). The tongue had no white option though. And the jumpan on the tongue only had three options (white, fire red, aqua). Clear soles were only available in three options as well (clear, electric green, aqua).

Back
Top Bottom