Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by NikeRider

eltouha wrote:

nice pic.

i still only really like the tinkers from the general release.

Still cannot believe how limited the Tinkers were. HOH, Champs and Mom & Pops never carried them. Only available on NDC and Niketowns.
Also, never any restocks on NDC. Glad I got my pair when I did, they are nice.

However, I rate the black/red 2012 A pair over the Tinkers. Got two pairs of those and will buy one more I like it so much.

yeah i was hoping they'd be like the tinker alphas and hit discounts, and not like the tinker 2010 and be limited as hell
frown.gif

oh well, i'll hit up nikeid as soon as i'm cashed up. going to do an undftd colourway.

^ breakilla - where man did you get those Joradn socks in the all orang colorway? Gotta have those for my organge JB Classics.^

NikeRider,
You should be able to get them at Footlocker or HOH.  I saw them too and will pick them up along with the University color for my Blue JBC '12's
pimp.gif

@LEM: yes the leather is fire. The orange JBC might be my favorites out of all of them. I am not going to pick up the Obsidian/unc JBC just yet because they resemble the UNC colorway too much. IJAPINO had ask for me to post some pics of the nike ID jordans with the different booties. I do think that my original design which is the Black boot grey laces work the best. Let me tell you they look crazy on foot. That translucent with the grey laces just looks crazy.

@NIKERIDER: I picked up the sock at House of Hoops for like $12 I believe. The shirt I picked up at Champs. Could not find any other shirt with orange at house of hoops or champs. Will have to check other stores. I used a VIP foot locker card with $20 off anything over $100 to buy orange jordans and socks so it was sweet.

By the way what you guys think about the red booties and red laces for the oranges??? Before the Jordan Brand Classic orange was set to release I had design a nike ID which I called the "Big Bangs" similar to the lebrons all stars ( big bangs). They were orange and red. I never made em because I saw the orange JBC that were releasing. But I think them two colors look very good together.

Originally Posted by breakilla

By the way what you guys think about the red booties and red laces for the oranges??? Before the Jordan Brand Classic orange was set to release I had design a nike ID which I called the "Big Bangs" similar to the lebrons all stars ( big bangs). They were orange and red. I never made em because I saw the orange JBC that were releasing. But I think them two colors look very good together.

I think the Red booties look fine.  Not really my style but I think you can pull it off easily.  I saw an orange Polo that would go excellent with those and a red one with an orange horsey on it.  You can do it up any way you choose.  I bought an orange v-neck lightweight sweater with a pair of Sulfer Grey washed Girbaud jeans.  The denim quality is top notch and the color match is on point without being to coordinated.  I'm 34 so I wear stuff that's more mature and stay away from the whole skinny jean and large t-shirt phenomena that's going on right now. 
roll.gif
But man just do you.  Can't ever go wrong with your own style.  
happy.gif

Ha Girbaud is my thing too. Funny I am also 34...I feel you on the V-neck sweater. I was looking for the polo style jordan shirt in orange.  I bought 2 of them one for the UNC colorway and a Red one. I wear suits 5 days a week to work so I wear my little t shirts here and there on weekends.

Its amazing to me that the General public are not feeling these 2012.  I think most of the people who are buying them are people like us old school true Jordan collectors.   Most of these young people they just go with the flow and buy retros.  I have a spot that allows me to pre-pay for sneakers a week before release at retail price but then you have to pick up release date.  I passed by a few spots and saw crazy big lines.   I think the orange Jordan brand classics kills the jordan XII playoffs. 

The sad part is that the store told me because of nike and the new Twitter reservation system they will no longer be able to do reservations.   They are not even allowed to post a pic on their site until release date.   This will be a big issue.. Well Thats another topic. 

Ha Girbaud is my thing too. Funny I am also 34...I feel you on the V-neck sweater. I was looking for the polo style jordan shirt in orange.  I bought 2 of them one for the UNC colorway and a Red one. I wear suits 5 days a week to work so I wear my little t shirts here and there on weekends.

Its amazing to me that the General public are not feeling these 2012.  I think most of the people who are buying them are people like us old school true Jordan collectors.   Most of these young people they just go with the flow and buy retros.  I have a spot that allows me to pre-pay for sneakers a week before release at retail price but then you have to pick up release date.  I passed by a few spots and saw crazy big lines.   I think the orange Jordan brand classics kills the jordan XII playoffs. 

The sad part is that the store told me because of nike and the new Twitter reservation system they will no longer be able to do reservations.   They are not even allowed to post a pic on their site until release date.   This will be a big issue.. Well Thats another topic. 

That's what's up!   It's good to see another old head with a passion for Air Jordans.  
laugh.gif
  Yeah man I think you are right about the young people today.  It's funny to me how so many of them talk about quality issues when they weren't even born when the originals released.  No hate on the younger generation it's just odd that every other post is about quality issues.  To be honest the quality has changed but I can't say the decline is as bad as they make it out to be.  I didn't get the playoffs 'cause I have the Taxis, Black/Uni Blue and the White/Red pairs.  But I definitely agree with you that the orange 2012 blow the playoffs out of the water.  Not even a contest really.  I think us older guys look at things in a different light and know how go against the grain when everybody else is going with it.  
I've heard so much hate on the 2012 that it's not even funny. 
frown.gif
  They talk about them being overpriced but yet they will drop $220 on some foams or some Lebrons 
roll.gif
No hate on anybody else's style but I'm a flagship Air Jordan loyalist for life
smile.gif

Originally Posted by airsully

Originally Posted by NickEPockets

Finishline and Eastbay need to drop the price on the Volts...

UTA still has for $169 shipped
Good looks... I have been debating between the Volts and Carolinas but wasn't ready to dish out $180+ with the discount on Eastbay.

Breakkilla, many thanks for the info on the Jordan orange socks.
I will hit my HOH and Champs today and see if i can get a pair.
It's hard to match those oranges 2012. However, like you I luv 'em.

e513643b67befdeda0593e51a8eb1b5a3de74f8b_r.jpg
2633636d69cff780a5a83cd5a7fd1130728762f4_r.jpg
b1916666f9aa3ba01272a7b33b158a368100a722_r.jpg
44226f26e1f58a6f3a1a791dd0b12645d4857323_r.jpg
18f360d06befff31a4b63e5ea8b0133544b30daa_r.jpg

When I designed these air jordan 2012 Nike ID.  My inspiration was the classic Jordans.  I wanted to give it that OG look.  I think they came out exactly how I envisioned them.   Look at the first picture they look like they fit in perfect with the Jordans 3-6.  

e513643b67befdeda0593e51a8eb1b5a3de74f8b_r.jpg
2633636d69cff780a5a83cd5a7fd1130728762f4_r.jpg
b1916666f9aa3ba01272a7b33b158a368100a722_r.jpg
44226f26e1f58a6f3a1a791dd0b12645d4857323_r.jpg
18f360d06befff31a4b63e5ea8b0133544b30daa_r.jpg

When I designed these air jordan 2012 Nike ID.  My inspiration was the classic Jordans.  I wanted to give it that OG look.  I think they came out exactly how I envisioned them.   Look at the first picture they look like they fit in perfect with the Jordans 3-6.  

And i must say you did a good job. They lookReally copable.

I'm sorry but there is NOTHING appealing about the 2012. I am an old shoe head JB has long lost its hold on me but those of you who like them more power to you.

^ You know, thats what I said initially, thought it was horrible design with bad colorways, but when the Tinker colorway came along, I warmed up a little. Then the black and red colorway came along and I thought they looked even better. Then I tried a pair last week in the store (nasty colorway grey and yellow, but wanted to know how they felt). Thats when I fell for them. Real nice fit and finish, very comfortable, and needing some black and red shoes to play ball, I just copped a pair of black and reds on ebay for 110. Try them on, they truly are the next level of a jordan shoe.

I still like the 2011's better, but for basketball, these are a notch above, (and way better then the 2010's) trust me. Light weight, even for a modular shoe. Very customizable and comfortable.

But to each his own.

I ordered my ID's on March 27th and it still says "In Progress". Is this normal? Should something have changed by now?

good looks on atmos! just ordered the UNC deluxe pack for $188 shipped to my door. not as good as the UTA price on volts but i really wanted the unc's over the volts and i havent seen them cheaper anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom