Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Hopefully there is still some tomorrow.. I jus flipped my 11.5.. need a 11 or 10.5...

Where would u recommend I look?
Thanks in advance

I bought (2) 10.5 from FNL, but these fit a little bigger than the IVs. I think I may be looking to trades one of these DS for another pair of Bred IVs

^ya, well, as to be expected (wall of text begins)

Been waiting for my pair so I can tell this pseudo off the top of head story (so excuse any **** ups & don't read if that's the way it is, your choice)...
I knew I wanted to tell it..but never wrote it down or gave it that much thought until right now...

I mowed grass all summer in 1988 to buy my first pair of Nike Air Jordans (plus a Super Mario cartridge) - the white-cement 3. Didn't think it could get any better...until the 4's came out...then I thought the same thing until the 5's came out...but when the 6's dropped originally, I did buy them, but I never liked them as much as the 5 (that is - i still feel AJs peaked with the 5.) I already started to get nostalgic with Air Jordans in 1991! wondering if I could find myself another pair of 5's or get a pair of 4's even (cause I didn't own the og 4) collecting dusk in some sporting goods store stock room.

It never happened. Had the aqua 8's but they were my last og AJ & didn't measure up to the 3, 4 & 5 in my book.

My 1st pair of retros was actually the 2000 Black/Metallic 5 - my favorite AJ. Soon I had all the AJs I ever wanted, or so I thought.

When I learned about retros (in big part due to this site in 2000) - my original plan was to buy the select few I liked, beat them till they fell apart...
by that time Nike would have re-released that pair again & I would just re-up...like clockwork. Boy was I mistaken. I had no idea about quality differences or that Nike quality & craftsmanship specifically would take such a nose dive. And in 2001, Nike Air on da heel vanished (forever?!!)

So when the new re-release dropped of whatever pair I already had...I found myself buying it & keeping the older pair cause they were simply way better than the new pair (you see young dudes-it's not always to slight you at all when some of us ***** about quality - sometimes it has nothing to do with you, but you'll never really know or believe us unless you get the chance to have em in hand AND wear them which gets more difficult to do as the years go by.)

From there I started to amass a sneaker collection...really an unintended outcome and something that always bugged me. I don't particularly enjoy hoarding things. But **** happens.

So here I am, finally getting a chance to re-up on a pair (w/o NA it was not truly re-upping to me-just a bandaid) although with many twists and turns along the way that I could have done without. I always though in the back of my head that Nike Air would come back & my posts over the years are a testament to that.

This is why this release is so important to me. In 1988 I was a hypebeast -straight up - & so were a lot of others that may disagree or not want to admit it. Maybe I still am. Funny thing about me is that (& I've also stated this before on here) - I always liked the sneakers more than the player. Sacrilege do you say? I don't care.
From a young age I consciously have tried to stay away from idol worship & attachment to material things; yet I could never get over the awe that filled me when da new 3, 4, & 5 AJs dropped. I lost the love of my life in 2005, which I have never mentioned on here before and never will again & it only made things worse & made my collecting spiral out of control in my opinion.

Over the past few years, I've sold off almost everything except the few gems I identified for myself back in the beginning. So now, all I'm waiting for is a NA release of the black-cement 4 & black-metallic 5 & I'll be right where I thought I'd be in 2005! With that being said, and the high from this release fading away forever, I will be curtailing my frequency of NT. Winding down slowly but surely while new members & old take my place 3 fold.

Thank you NT, I may not have gotten my 2000 metallics w/o you & your staff & never would have filled that void I felt all the way back in 1991. I never would have been able to sharpen my sneaker IQ either! Cool story, not really, but it's mine & I appreciate most of you guys on here more than you know.

Good read man...thanks for sharing that. I always appreciate stories like this. Helps to offset some of the rampant cynicism in some of these threads.

I copped a size 12 in Houston when the guy in front of me got the last size 13. They had plenty thought even after I left my boys were telling me that they went in the afternoon and got them. While I was in VIP at the Jordan event an Ekin (Jordan/Nike rep) told me that they will re-release on the 3rd saturday of March at HOH and elsewhere! He also said that the Christmas shoe is a Carmelo inspired XI. Take it for what it's worth! SAVE YOUR MONEY!

View media item 274380

Congrats to those who grabbed em. This dude tryna sell me these for 250 cuz he said the print doesnt match what you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been watching all the auctions in my size to grab another pair and everything is ending at $400 or just under....so everyone saying the prices are dropping definitely aint looking at size 9

thats what i'm saying

i'll take a pair with an unmatched elephant print

hell i'll take a air randy special if the price is right

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the link. Grabbed a 6 for a guy I work with, and if you have coupons they will work. Total came out to basically $110.

Copped some GS sizes to flip to the beasts

Gotta make my resale money somehow since I can't get anything with ease anymore

people flipping gs sizes now?

They are going for pretty much regular size prices maybe a little less

My rule is never to use my own money to pay resale so I stash profits to use towards a sneaker I really want that I know will be near impossible to cop at retail (pretty much any shoe nowadays)

They are going for pretty much regular size prices maybe a little less

My rule is never to use my own money to pay resale so I stash profits to use towards a sneaker I really want that I know will be near impossible to cop at retail (pretty much any shoe nowadays)

thats crazy

Back
Top Bottom