Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Imma put this out there this will be the third time this shoe has rereleased. This shoe means alot to me, this is spike lee`s shoe as much as jordans. Nike air isnt just something we go google eyes for. This shoe represents the birth of the jumpman logo and nike realizing and taking a risk in a 3 year player who at this point in his career would be the equal to blake griffin as far as popularity goes. Just switch positions. The first to cost 100 dollars back when most sneakers cost 50 dollars. One of these days nike gonna come back to giving lebron check less sneakers, but this is what I call me increasing the hype for shake of trolling. See you guys release day. To any older NT my bad but Twitter made me so angry yesterday just clicking that TT. Cant beat em join em.

Finally. I hope all you guys telling everyone to get over not having a proper retro with NIKE AIR will steer clear and be happy with those 2011s.

Last edited:
Finally. I hope all you guys telling everyone to get over not having a proper retro with NIKE AIR will steer clear and be happy with those 2011s.
I will. Besides the sneaker nerd, the general person on the street won't know the difference between the two unless you're wearing nuthuggers with cuffs above the ankle.

And please stop using the word rape with sneaker prices. I don't know how that word came about to be used with price gouging.

I don't agree with you 100% regarding the stock market. As far as I'm concerned its legalized gambling for the rich. You can lose your shirt faster than you can blink and you have NOTHING to show for it just a worthless piece of paper. If you ever look at a statement for a broker they have a disclaimer because they can't advertise any guaranteed gains because if somebody lost their shirt they'd sue them. Before you question me I have an degree and i'm going for my CPA so i'm not some Jerbroni talking out of my ***
You are talking out your *** if you think the stock market is "legalized gambling for the rich". I don't care how many degrees you have, the stock market is the number one generator of wealth in American history! Now if you are a novice who doesn't study, looks for a quick buck, makes stupid\risky investments, and doesn't diversify...I can see how you can view it as gambling, but it's just ignorance. If you are wise in every aspect of the stock game the money is just ASKING to jump in your pocket, it just takes time, patience, knowledge, and diligence. And this is coming from somebody who taught himself how to trade in the market and has made a profit.

come march/april ill be right there with ya
mean.gif
Never spend your last on shoes...they only shoes...

If Nike made 500,000 of the breds, then I at least like my chances with these. They COULD do somethin stupid, but also these last few releases haven't been difficult. Maybe it's a sign that Nike and JB is being more reasonable.

they arent making 500k for these, hell they arent even making 250k of these

im damn sure of it too

You are talking out your *** if you think the stock market is "legalized gambling for the rich". I don't care how many degrees you have, the stock market is the number one generator of wealth in American history! Now if you are a novice who doesn't study, looks for a quick buck, makes stupid\risky investments, and doesn't diversify...I can see how you can view it as gambling, but it's just ignorance. If you are wise in every aspect of the stock game the money is just ASKING to jump in your pocket, it just takes time, patience, knowledge, and diligence. And this is coming from somebody who taught himself how to trade in the market and has made a profit.
I personally know people who have invested an lost their shirt.... Try telling that stuff to them.... NOTHING IS A GUARANTEE IN LIFE....

Do yourself a favor and go see the movie boiler room....

Also check out the Sopranos episode where Christopher opens a stock trading firm....

You don't think things like that happen to people???

You don't remember 2008 when a ton of people's 401k were basically worthless... Why because of speculation....

I'm going to go ahead and predict this is going to be released during the All-Star weekend 2013..Judging by the success of the Galaxy pack last year, it would only make sense, as well as coinciding with the 1988 slam dunk contest and MJ's bday (feb.17). This years all star game is feb.15th so it would fall in place pretty nicely.

I can already tell this is going to be a crazy one..and im sure there will be a price hike...lets see if this all comes to fruition.

to me, these will be hands down a MUCH better release than the BRED 11's.... hopefully all the beasts sleep on these because they are so enfatuated with the 11's lol

my body is ready
tongue.gif

Nice, All us OG heads from the 80's will be down for this, funny thing though cause now it seems that everyone wants this but when you read in other forums about jumpman vs nike air dudes be slamming nike air and us OG's for wanting back on our J's.

I'm good, my 2011's are in damn near mint condition.

NIKE AIR is a trick to get people to buy the same exact 2011 with just a logo change.

No thank you.

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Just purchased 2 pair of cements in 2011, only 1 is still DS. Will I try to get 2 pair of these, yes, but it is going to be really hard. OG collecters will return to purchase, hypebeasts will line up next week, and all the people who bought these in 2011 will be in a limbo.

I was hoping the AJ1 Black/Royal would be the only February release for me, but it seems like these will be on my list too. A little bit of me wants this to be a fake story or for Jordan to make very limited quantities.

Will this happen to every retro? Who knows, but if it does the game will change in a new direction.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
For the longest time I've been saying I wish JB would do proper releases (true to the original, high quality) and charge a premium for them. I know I would certainly buy them all. I'd rather pay for something done right than to pay a little less for a half-assed job.

I truly can't believe this! This is more than great news to me. For a person that doesn't post often, I must post on this.. I got into sneakers heavy around '02 when I was about 12, right after JB decided to take the Nike Air off and go with the Jumpman. Rightfully so because Jordan became its own brand, understood the reasoning. I get introduced to NT around the same time and all the guys I got knowledge from on here churched about the Nike Air and posted pics of OGs, the '01 retro's, et cetera. So for roughly 10 years I was convinced I would never own anything "true OG" and be able to wear it. After seeing this and the way they're doing the I's this coming year, words can't even express how I feel about having the chance to own some of my favorite Js true OG. Funny thing is that I was getting ready to buy another pair of 2011 Cement IIIs because the pair I bought that year needed to be retired, and this news couldn't have came at a better time. Now I'm curious to see what the rest of the year's releases will be. Maybe they start to retro the XVIs and on!

Royal and Black Toes 1's and these slated for next year. Let's see if we get anything else.

I'd like to offer a little perspective...kind of different from what the feel of this room has been and the general reaction (granted, I didn't read EVERY post in this thread)

I, for one, am EXTREMELY SUPSICIOUS about this release. I mean, why? Why now? I get it...MJ's 50th bday and the anniversary of the Slam Dunk Contest. There's been birthdays before. There's also been countless milestones to celebrate...so why now put the "Nike Air" back on the heel?

Truthfully, I think that Gentry was the biggest advocate for NEVER having "Nike Air" on any Jordans anymore...with him out of the picture, the path is much easier to maneuver.

But what about the collectors that have III's with "Nike Air" on the back? I always thought it was an honor...a sort of "red badge of courage"...for those that have been in the game for a while. With the new surge in sneaker popularity over the last couple years, the way that I've always been able to distinguish myself from the youngsters is that I could bring out kicks from years ago, kind of "dating" myself. Is this the beginning of all of that going out of the window? (Thunders have retrod...a lightning-esque IV also seems to be on the horizon)

Also, to me, the "nike air" was always a sign of quality...of the "golden age" of JB. It's hard for me to assume that with the return of the "Nike Air", we will get th ereturn of the "Nike Air" quality leather...so is Nike just throwing the "Nike Air" on Jordans now to boost sales? Doesn't that dilute the value of the "nike air"??

I dunno...Honestly, I don't own a pair of III's with "Nike Air" on the heel tab, and I'll be happy to have a pair, just so long as it's the total package and not just an appeasement. But if JB is throwing "Nike Air' on the same shoe as the 2011 retro, I will likely be passing, and I will likely be VERY upset...

I guess only time will tell.

I think I'll pass on these... I just copped a DS pair of 2011's for under what they retailed for, so the Nike Air doesn't really make a difference to me.

Back
Top Bottom