Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fine with my 1 pair. :rolleyes

Just kidding fam, I hope I didn't come off as needy or anything, but 27 pairs gonna get a reaction. :lol:

LOL nah i feel u, i got a little envious myself when i seen all those pairs, i could sure use another, i just didn't feel dude deserved to literally be hated. He did know what he was getting himself into tho :lol:

:lol: NT is full of cry babies & haters now a days. He got 27 pairs, you got none, so you're angry? Get on your job like ole dude did, if you had the oppurtunity to come up on numerous pairs, knowing the current resell price, i guarantee EVERYONE would have made the same move.

I have 2 pairs. I'm wearing one pair. And no, I wouldn't spend over $4000 buying 27 pairs. That's just ridiculous. Seems like this site is full of resellers that are messing up the game. Unreal man.

:lol: NT is full of cry babies & haters now a days. He got 27 pairs, you got none, so you're angry? Get on your job like ole dude did, if you had the oppurtunity to come up on numerous pairs, knowing the current resell price, i guarantee EVERYONE would have made the same move.

I have 2 pairs. I'm wearing one pair. And no, I wouldn't spend over $4000 buying 27 pairs. That's just ridiculous. Seems like this site is full of resellers that are messing up the game. Unreal man.

how is that messing the game up? shoes were there and 90+ percent of niketalkers had no access to them. stop crying about what other people are doing and make a difference if it means that much.

this isnt just towards you, its towards everyone that cries about resellers. you guys can do something to make a difference but you dont.

Resellers aren't messing up the game. Reseller prices are.

Last edited:

Resellers aren't messing up the game. Reseller prices are.

and who sets that price?

consumers.

how is that messing the game up? shoes were there and 90+ percent of niketalkers had no access to them. stop crying about what other people are doing and make a difference if it means that much.

this isnt just towards you, its towards everyone that cries about resellers. you guys can do something to make a difference but you dont.

People like that guy that bought 27 pairs are all over America. They're scavengers that don't care about the shoe, just about making money. I picture these people looking like the fat guy with glasses in Jurassic Park. Just going around buying up pairs while somebody who actually wants to wear them can't find them anymore because of turds like this.

some of you guys are just too sensitive  
laugh.gif

Real quick: half the people in these threads who bought them are still going go to sell them for $300+ in 2 years anyway.

People like that guy that bought 27 pairs are all over America. They're scavengers that don't care about the shoe, just about making money. I picture these people looking like the fat guy with glasses in Jurassic Park. Just going around buying up pairs while somebody who actually wants to wear them can't find them anymore because of turds like this.

you talk like you know them personally. if you want to blame someone, blame nike. nike is the one whom controls how many pairs are released to the world. they CHOSE to release these in stupid limited quantities. resellers just capitolize on the market. reselling has been around since before you and i were born and its not just limited to sneakers.

nike = scum for making the people that actually want them work so hard to get them.

^cases like these suck, but then again a lot of consumers don't understand worth and value even if something is produced in larger quantities. A shoe drops as a GR and automatically they are valued at $50 over retail. They're not even worth their retail price. I remember when I could get used sneaks for under retail because....wait for it......they were used. Didn't matter that they were a specific Nike or Jordan that people thought were supposed to be valued more. If it wasn't a PE it was just a regular shoe.

you talk like you know them personally. if you want to blame someone, blame nike. nike is the one whom controls how many pairs are released to the world. they CHOSE to release these in stupid limited quantities. resellers just capitolize on the market. reselling has been around since before you and i were born and its not just limited to sneakers.

nike = scum for making the people that actually want them work so hard to get them.

..and every week people reward that "scum" by buying out stock of those same products that keep this perpetual cycle going....:lol: ..but it's a capitalistic society and people are not doing anybody favors anymore (for the most part), especially in this greedy *** hobby...unfortunately...:smh:

and who sets that price?

consumers.

Hard to say consumers set the price when you had $300 pairs on eBay and CL the morning of release. I agree that consumers overpaying is a huge problem and the resellers would move away from Jordans if they couldn't get what they're asking, but someone who buys 27 pairs of a shoe and comes to a community forum to brag about it is definitely part of the problem. Let's not kid anyone. Consumers are just gullible enough in this market to pay whatever the asking price is off the bat in far too many cases, which establishes the "entry price". In the case of these we saw the entry price on eBay jump from $300 to over $400 in a matter of days. Clearly its the fault of those buying pairs for $300, but that only speaks to the power resellers still have by setting 2x retail prices off the bat.

This shoe is a unique case compared to other recent Jordan retros given the unusually small supply, but I think we should be fair and acknowledge that both resellers and those who buy from them are at fault, not just one or the other.

Last edited:
and who sets that price?

consumers.

Hard to say consumers set the price when you had $300 pairs on eBay and CL the morning of release. I agree that consumers overpaying is a huge problem and the resellers would move away from Jordans if they couldn't get what they're asking, but someone who buys 27 pairs of a shoe and comes to a community forum to brag about it is definitely part of the problem. Let's not kid anyone. Consumers are just gullible enough in this market to pay whatever the asking price is off the bat in far too many cases, which establishes the "entry price". In the case of these we saw the entry price on eBay jump from $300 to over $400 in a matter of days. Clearly its the fault of those buying pairs for $300, but that only speaks to the power resellers still have by setting 2x retail prices off the bat.

This shoe is a unique case compared to other recent Jordan retros given the unusually small supply, but I think we should be fair and acknowledge that both resellers and those who buy from them are at fault, not just one or the other.

no matter the market, the consumer sets the price. period. a reseller can only thrive if there are people willing to pay the price.
yes dude was wrong for posting the 27 pairs and YOU GUYS should have reported that so the post could be removed instead of throwing out a towel of hate towards dude.

i will never acknowledge that a reseller is at fault. never. you can never blame a man/woman for taking advantage of life's opportunities. i will gladly blame nike. there is no way that nike should have dropped so few of this shoe. period. a lot of the crap going on in here would be gone if they flooded the market like they did with the obsidian 12s.

Last edited:

Agreed...there's a lot of "blame" to go around here. People on here either choose one side or the other, the majority of the time, and either don't see or don't truly justify the shade of grey in between..

no matter the market, the consumer sets the price. period. a reseller can only thrive if there are people willing to pay the price.

Well clearly, that's a simple part of any market. The problem is that the resellers come up with the number and people look at those prices and ask themselves "is it going to go lower or higher?" and all too often they incorrectly assume it will go above that initial asking price. Like I said, this case is a bit unique, but the chumps are the guys on release day who don't even make the resellers work for it and pay 2x retail right off the bat. When you see that happening with GR's, it sets a precedent for future releases, and especially jacks up prices on limited runs like this one. We can blame Nike for contributing to the chaos by making so few pairs, but the biggest problem I see are the people who claim to be part of this community but want to act like outsiders by charging these ridiculous prices. The outside resellers have created a second type of reseller, the cheap broke sneakerhead who has enough money for 2 or 3 pairs, but only enough if they can flip them immediately. In many ways I think these guys are worse than the guys who just saw an easy hustle for Jordans but have no interest in them.

If people would just wait it out, the sneakerhead reseller would stop going for 2-3 pairs and get the one they want rather than funding it by reselling a pair or two more, and in return the overall demand for shoes on the secondary market might drop a bit, forcing resellers to make their entry price more reasonable.

Well clearly, that's a simple part of any market. The problem is that the resellers come up with the number and people look at those prices and ask themselves "is it going to go lower or higher?" and all too often they incorrectly assume it will go above that initial asking price. Like I said, this case is a bit unique, but the chumps are the guys on release day who don't even make the resellers work for it and pay 2x retail right off the bat. When you see that happening with GR's, it sets a precedent for future releases, and especially jacks up prices on limited runs like this one. We can blame Nike for contributing to the chaos by making so few pairs, but the biggest problem I see are the people who claim to be part of this community but want to act like outsiders by charging these ridiculous prices. The outside resellers have created a second type of reseller, the cheap broke sneakerhead who has enough money for 2 or 3 pairs, but only enough if they can flip them immediately. In many ways I think these guys are worse than the guys who just saw an easy hustle for Jordans but have no interest in them.

If people would just wait it out, the sneakerhead reseller would stop going for 2-3 pairs and get the one they want rather than funding it by reselling a pair or two more, and in return the overall demand for shoes on the secondary market might drop a bit, forcing resellers to make their entry price more reasonable.

you can preach this all you want but people dont listen. that's why i have no issue dropping whatever info i might have or helping educate on avoiding resellers then turning around and flipping pairs to people that are trained to jump the gun and over pay.

it is what it is. you cant curb reselling. you cant stop unemployment. you cant save that girl from that guy. people are going to do what they want to do and if they feel the price of the shoe is worth excess of $300 than more power to them.

It may sound like a broken record, but I see absolutely NO harm in reiterating over and over again that buying from resellers, especially on release day, is a horrible thing for everyone. The usual argument or retort that seems to make people feel okay about their own careless spending is "it doesn't matter what another man spends his money on." It certainly does matter as far as what the overall market looks like, and what everyone pays. The fact that resellers ask so much and people pay them out on release day gives an overall false impression that if you get lucky and score a pair, it is now worth 1.5-2x retail right off the bat. It feeds the demand and "can't miss" attitude that fuels many ignorant purchases to begin with. If people thought they were only going to be worth $25 over retail, I think fewer people - even those that aren't reselling - would be interested in them.

My theory is that if people didn't think Jordans were worth so much more than retail, they'd collect fewer of them because there is a large segment of consumers that aren't buying because they really love the shoes, but rather because they think it's cool to do and some great investment due to what resellers set the entry price at.

Last edited:
But what about the people "copping 1 to rock and 2 to stock"? Aren't they adding to the issue by forcing other people who want to wear the shoes to buy from resellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom