Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can't be real life? 

Or is it? 

If you want to sniff some old school nostalgia, take a deep whiff of your BRED 11s. Inhale them. Savor the aroma, the essence of freshness, greatness... It's surreal.

If you really want to overload your senses, you can get on some Fat Joe **** and lick the soles.

Something has changed, it's called stronger adhesives that are stronger on the nose!

My 2011 WC3's smelled just as strong as the pairs I got last month of the 88's. Both pairs of Royals had an extremely strong smell too. They didn't start using more glue, they just are using stronger glues than in the past. And the "new smell" is a combination of both glue and freshly (in the grand scheme of things) cut leather.

"oh no, that new smell used to be just the shoes, not glue." LULZ always been glue in there guys
Never said it never used to smell like glue. We are saying that it is stronger. Like you pointed out but no need to answer like an elitist d head.

If you really want to overload your senses, you can get on some Fat Joe **** and lick the soles.

:rofl:

Man if I had a dollar for every one of those I've seen on tumblr or instagram... in fact I need to track down one I saw of the Royals. Some latino dude with a pencil thin mustache oogling his shoes with his tongue out. Reminded me of The Jesus from The Big Lebowski. I guess that's when you know the thirst is literally real!

Last edited:
roll.gif

Man if I had a dollar for every one of those I've seen on tumblr or instagram... in fact I need to track down one I saw of the Royals. Some latino dude with a pencil thin mustache oogling his shoes with his tongue out. Reminded me of The Jesus from The Big Lebowski. I guess that's when you know the thirst is literally real!
laugh.gif

:rofl:

Really?

I haven't seen these anywhere. Not in person, not on Instagram (but I only follow 5 or so People since I made it for the xx8 contest), they aren't even on my local craigslist.

I have to search ebay or something just to see another pair.

Really?

I haven't seen these anywhere. Not in person, not on Instagram (but I only follow 5 or so People since I made it for the xx8 contest), they aren't even on my local craigslist.

I have to search ebay or something just to see another pair.

Well if you're only following five people, obviously you aren't going to come across much on instagram. There's specific tags on IG as well, the most prominent being the #igsneakercommunity. Search "jordans" on tumblr though and you'll find a never ending flow of photos. I've seen a good amt of Royals on there the past couple weeks.

I'm for real though the glue smell so strong feels like I can get high by smellin that ****

can anyone who's ever been "hit" with customs fees explain how that works? like how do they notify/charge you

btw thanks for the feedback on shelflife..as you could guess I went for it.

can anyone who's ever been "hit" with customs fees explain how that works? like how do they notify/charge you

The customs question can only be answered once you recieve you package, nobody can really speculate as to if you'll get tagged or not.

Sometimes you'll get a bill with your package, sometimes after.  Its a crapshoot.

Basically, when your package hits customs it gets inspected. Once it is inspected and cleared the package continues its journey towards its destination (your house or where ever it's being sent) Since CUSTOMS have you on record (because of the package they inspected before they delivered it to you) they bill you to that address. They have your full name and address. It's probably not that hard for the government to find your social security number attached to your name and address.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just sharing what I've learned through the process...

I've been hit with customs about 2-3 times in the past couple years and it sux... I definitely do not want bad credit so I just pay it. I eventually want to buy a house and a new car so I gotta keep a good credit record.

Not paying a $30-$80 custom fee is not worth risking my credit, at least for me.

BTW. Usually, purchasing an item over $250.00 from another country, your chances of getting hit with customs is higher. Unless you ask the shipper to note on the package as a gift or mark the value at $100 or whatever. Just not over $250.

Purchasing from overseas is a headache, especially when you get hit with customs...

Last edited:
FINALLY!!! So a new HoH opened here last weekend. Went out for grand opening, about 50 ppl in front of me. Missed out then. Then yesterday I get a call and they restocked the area 72 pack. Went to grab kobe's. Heard they restocked royals again. None of shelf, figured they were gone. Asked dude and they randomly had a size 9 chilling in the back. Copped w/ the quickness! 1/2 size small, but still can't believe it bc I was not about to drop that 300+

Asked dude and they randomly had a size 9 chilling in the back. Copped w/ the quickness! 1/2 size small, but still can't believe it bc I was not about to drop that 300+
How did that 9 fit ? i had to get a 9 too even tho i needed a  9.5 but it was that or nothing 

Just called Kickz101 to see if they still had a pair of Royal 1s left in a size 12/13, I inquired about via email on sunday for another one of my friends. The female that works there (with that sexy Aussie accent no thirst) said she set it aside for me and they were waiting for me to call them. :lol: I never asked them to put it on hold for me and another NTer bought a size 13 from them last night so I thought it was game over. Guess not so I copped. :nthat:

Apparently, Kickz101 is sending me 2 pairs, a pair that went unclaimed and another held for an email order I placed over the weekend.

I have reacquired 1 of the 2 kicks traded for Galaxy Foams.....

Last edited:
FINALLY!!! So a new HoH opened here last weekend. Went out for grand opening, about 50 ppl in front of me. Missed out then. Then yesterday I get a call and they restocked the area 72 pack. Went to grab kobe's. Heard they restocked royals again. None of shelf, figured they were gone. Asked dude and they randomly had a size 9 chilling in the back. Copped w/ the quickness! 1/2 size small, but still can't believe it bc I was not about to drop that 300+
Cinderella story....

Finally got my pair from WSS. No customs fees 
pimp.gif

I hope the rest of the WSS brethren will feel my joy soon.

dubbed up on my pairs.

The Fam

you never seen a  6' 3   290lbs dude pull off this much swagu sauce lmao (girl said im a nerd when i took this)
nerd.gif

Apparently, Kickz101 is sending me 2 pairs, a pair that went unclaimed and another held for an email order I placed over the weekend.

I have reacquired 1 of the 2 kicks traded for Galaxy Foams.....
I'm a size 13 and refuse to pay reseller $400, maybe you can help me out with one of those pairs? hahaha. I'm about to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom