Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tracking updated for their queens cz order? or received them? Im getting impatient 
indifferent.gif

Straight up it is a fair trade. You have a pair that retailed with tax for $150 vs a pair that retailed for $215 with tax. The WC3's are at $300-$350, with lots of hope being placed in a secondary release and/or the global release next week. When reality hits, that $300-$350 may move up to $325-$375. Once the Royals sit in a bit more, I think you're looking at the same $300-$350 a pair. $400+ for these just won't hold up IMO. Maybe a year or two from now a DS pair will fetch that due to the limited supply, but to say it's not a fair trade is pretty silly. Just indicative of where we're at with sneakers right now though I guess.
I have to disagree.

Once you let go of your Royals.. Good luck finding another pair..

WC 3 will be available on the secondary market for much longer..

I would use a different shoe to trade.. Not royals.

I have to disagree.

Just cause it's harder to find doesn't mean it's worth more than the WC3's. Don't expect the value on those to go down either. Obviously you only have 2001 and 2013 retros of Royals, while you have 1994, 2003, 2011, and 2013 WC3's, meaning there's probably about 20:1 WC3's in circulation compared to Royals. However, if you're valuing this shoe above $350 over the next year, I think you're sadly mistaken. People are still preying off the thirsty who didn't get their pairs on RD. Every release settles down some before going back up in price. Would I trade my Royals? No, but I don't think a Royal for 88 trade is unfair by any means.

I have to disagree.

Just cause it's harder to find doesn't mean it's worth more than the WC3's. Don't expect the value on those to go down either. Obviously you only have 2001 and 2013 retros of Royals, while you have 1994, 2003, 2011, and 2013 WC3's, meaning there's probably about 20:1 WC3's in circulation compared to Royals. However, if you're valuing this shoe above $350 over the next year, I think you're sadly mistaken. People are still preying off the thirsty who didn't get their pairs on RD. Every release settles down some before going back up in price. Would I trade my Royals? No, but I don't think a Royal for 88 trade is unfair by any means.
Royals are worth more than the 88s. Whoever is giving up the 3s is coming out a winner. If I had 88s I'd definitely trade them for the Royals. I have my 2011 3s which serve me fine.

on another note, anyone who's been wearing them regularly please post a crease update pic. been using the forcefields in mine and they're not bad..still creasing a bit but id rather just take em out. have worn my pair 5 or more times already with a lot of walking and here's how they look, curious what the difference is without forcefields because if its not drastic im gonna just take em out.

definitely not bad..just hoping that without the decreasers it's basically the same
Trust me, it wont stay looking like that. The crease will get deeper. I have special shoe inserts that I put in my pair every night now to buff out a few small creases 

Trust me, it wont stay looking like that. The crease will get deeper. I have special shoe inserts that I put in my pair every night now to buff out a few small creases 
This is true, but for me when 1s crease it gives them character. While most fret of the crease, I actually want them to crease up a bit and once they do I a reckless with them. I know this statement will have some NTers like
indifferent.gif

me too, mine are called socks, just stuff them in there until the desired effect is achieved then let them sit until you want to wear them again, it works wonders surprisingly

This is true, but for me when 1s crease it gives them character. While most fret of the crease, I actually want them to crease up a bit and once they do I a reckless with them. I know this statement will have some NTers like
indifferent.gif
Yeah it looks really good on these. There are certain shoes I don't mind, or even like creasing on. There are definitely one of them

Royals are worth more than the 88s. Whoever is giving up the 3s is coming out a winner. If I had 88s I'd definitely trade them for the Royals. I have my 2011 3s which serve me fine.

Agreed to the fullest extent. There are more 3s and the price have steadily been decreasing for the 88s. I've haven't seen a drop in the price for royals at all and it's been almost a month since RD.

Creasing is a natural process that makes kicks become comfortable lived in and unique to you. Box fresh kicks are only important if you plan to resell them otherwise let it happen. I'm not suggesting trashing them purposely but wear them, take some sensible precautions, clean them once in a while and they will look good enough years down the line. It's worked for me and I'm still wearing kicks from 10 years ago who h are naturally vintaged but clean enough. Enjoy them

me too, mine are called socks, just stuff them in there until the desired effect is achieved then let them sit until you want to wear them again, it works wonders surprisingly

Socks are a good idea. I usually use a bunch of plastic bags from grocery store rolled up and stuff them in toe box. I've heard some people iron out creases *__* I'd be afraid to try that personally

Socks are a good idea. I usually use a bunch of plastic bags from grocery store rolled up and stuff them in toe box. I've heard some people iron out creases *__* I'd be afraid to try that personally
it actually works really well 
nerd.gif
...ironing the creases i mean..

Last edited:
I have 2 Royals and 3 88's, and that is a straight up trade, which Royal owners pretty much lucked into that being a fair trade.  You know on Feb 15th you did not have any idea in your head you could trade this Royal 1 for the new 88 WC3.  And while there may be a lot more WC3's on the market right now, you can't use the jumpman releases and add those numbers in with these, especially since resell isn't as much and they aren't 100% the same shoe. 

WC3's jumped out at $400 a pop near RD, inflated and overvalued as all shoes are right off the bat.  Royals being $225 release day is very inflated percentage-wise for any release much less an AJ1, and that was before we even knew how hard they would be to come by on the resale market.  88's settled at $320-$350 because secondary buyers put false in a March 23rd US restock and imaginary confidence in themselves that they could end up with a pair, like it would be any easier than Feb 6th when more pairs released and they DIDN'T get a pair.  Well that second release that is holding the 88's at their current value isn't going to happen in HoH's and there won't be secondary buyers getting pairs at retail (preferred option) and the secondary market will not be hit with another large wave of these now.  When the second release doesn't happen in the US, you can bet those of us with multiples will raise our price back to where it could be (Hey, these are actually limited too, had an online only release, and are the first NA retro's of a model that most people care about), and even some sellers that had only 1 or 2 pairs and were thinking they could sell those and come up on 3/23 at retail again will decide they are going to keep their pair or second pair now that the well is dry on these at retail.  And Royals may be drying up, but as of right now they go for around the $350 spot that some 88's already go for today. 

It is 100% in the eye of the trade participants, and my love of the Royals is what even makes it a fair trade to me.  Stick the 2 shoes up in a store window and the 88's will be gone before the same number of Royals.  This is a normal store I am talking about, not a Niketalk store where only sneaker aficionado's shop.  And this is just how I view the trade having multiples of both shoe and trying to be unbiased.  I could definitely see someone in a different situation make the case for either shoe.  I do prefer my Royals because they are one of my favorite shoes and I would make the straight up trade to get a pair, and was also offered this trade.  Then I was asked if I might cover shipping for both of us, and I wouldn't do that.  Which was fine and didn't end the trade, but it was also additional cash I was not going to offer on top of the 88's.

But would anyone, who had missed out on both Royals and 88's, trade 1 pair of DS Banned 1's for a pair of DS Royals and DS 88's?  This is a hypothetical situation and is in now way an attempt to phish out a trade or break any of NT's rules.  I'm just curious what NT think these two shoes, which I do consider to be highly desired by a collector of Jordans, would be worth in a trade.  Sorry for the wall of text, I am just interested in, and enjoy, the topic.

WC 3's 88's are going up in price my boy just sold 2 sz 12's for 420 each shipped in the last week, since no US release these will reach $450 again , the royals will max out at $500 in a year

hairdryer slowly back and forth on the toe box of 1's works wonders.

i was scared as hell trying it but it worked.... overnight they tighten up

no to the Banned 1 trade...they are more rare then those and the quality is great from what ive seen and read....i wouldnt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom