Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've done it?? Man, I'd be sweating like a ***** in church if I attempted that
yea.. but i tried it on a couple of my gf and bro's shoes first.....cant risk ******g up my own ya knooo 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

WC 3's 88's are going up in price my boy just sold 2 sz 12's for 420 each shipped in the last week, since no US release these will reach $450 again , the royals will max out at $500 in a year

Yeah, the 2001 deadstock a decade later weren't even going for that, and by the end of the year the 2013's are going to be a $500 shoe? C'mon, that's ridiculous.

Yeah, the 2001 deadstock a decade later weren't even going for that, and by the end of the year the 2013's are going to be a $500 shoe? C'mon, that's ridiculous.

On point I don't even know any one who paid 500 for a 01 pair I don't see these going over 400 by next year

Trapped based on some of your rants, you seem like one of those phans that critiques the entire show.

I stopped critiquing shows a long time ago, just like I stopped critiquing retros a long time ago (but just like the truly awful shows I'll still tell it like it is if Nike lays a turd on us). I should probably stop trying to talk sense into anyone on here either, but knowledge is power.

They are already $400, look at sold pairs

Yeah, and we're not even a month out from the release. Prices are always higher the first month. I just see these settling at the $350 mark. $500 for any 1's is ridiculous, but these getting Banned status makes absolutely no sense in the long run.

^^ disagree that the royals aint gonna reach banned prices...they will,perhaps a little lower imo...ive placed my argments in this thread a few pages back so not to do it again..on a different note does anyone know where online i can get a shirt like this only with bigger squares(black and blue?)

View media item 313851

^^ disagree that the royals aint gonna reach banned prices...they will,perhaps a little lower imo...ive placed my argments in this thread a few pages back so not to do it again..on a different note does anyone know where online i can get a shirt like this only with bigger squares(black and blue?)

No info on the shirt. But I was looking at FC historical prices and it started at 350-400 range and after a few months it sky rocketed. (banneds)
me too, mine are called socks, just stuff them in there until the desired effect is achieved then let them sit until you want to wear them again, it works wonders surprisingly
Socks are a good idea. I usually use a bunch of plastic bags from grocery store rolled up and stuff them in toe box. I've heard some people iron out creases *__* I'd be afraid to try that personally
The iron never touches the shoe, Head over to the sneaker care and maintenance thread and check it out 
It's really frustrating trying to find a size 13 why does this have to be so difficult!? Lol
Well they have all been difficult

^^^^i just use the paper from inside of the shoe boxes...my 2011 playoff 13s:

i've worn them over 30 times.

]

Last edited:
To grapes hypothetical, personally I would never trade my banneds for royals and 88s.  Royals were definitely a difficult cop and limited, but banneds are on another level.  Even if the resale prices match up right now and as hard as the royals are to find, banneds will always be harder.  Just my opinion. 

And I think it's ironic that they have the lowest box price out of the three..

View media item 313851

This isnt the Scott i used to know :smh:

i got this couple months ago for the winter, good quality shirt from Ralph Lauren

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAURE...eck-flannel-shirt-jacket-XL-NWT-/221175276899 

I have 2 Royals and 3 88's, and that is a straight up trade, which Royal owners pretty much lucked into that being a fair trade.  You know on Feb 15th you did not have any idea in your head you could trade this Royal 1 for the new 88 WC3.  And while there may be a lot more WC3's on the market right now, you can't use the jumpman releases and add those numbers in with these, especially since resell isn't as much and they aren't 100% the same shoe. 

WC3's jumped out at $400 a pop near RD, inflated and overvalued as all shoes are right off the bat.  Royals being $225 release day is very inflated percentage-wise for any release much less an AJ1, and that was before we even knew how hard they would be to come by on the resale market.  88's settled at $320-$350 because secondary buyers put false in a March 23rd US restock and imaginary confidence in themselves that they could end up with a pair, like it would be any easier than Feb 6th when more pairs released and they DIDN'T get a pair.  Well that second release that is holding the 88's at their current value isn't going to happen in HoH's and there won't be secondary buyers getting pairs at retail (preferred option) and the secondary market will not be hit with another large wave of these now.  When the second release doesn't happen in the US, you can bet those of us with multiples will raise our price back to where it could be (Hey, these are actually limited too, had an online only release, and are the first NA retro's of a model that most people care about), and even some sellers that had only 1 or 2 pairs and were thinking they could sell those and come up on 3/23 at retail again will decide they are going to keep their pair or second pair now that the well is dry on these at retail.  And Royals may be drying up, but as of right now they go for around the $350 spot that some 88's already go for today. 

It is 100% in the eye of the trade participants, and my love of the Royals is what even makes it a fair trade to me.  Stick the 2 shoes up in a store window and the 88's will be gone before the same number of Royals.  This is a normal store I am talking about, not a Niketalk store where only sneaker aficionado's shop.  And this is just how I view the trade having multiples of both shoe and trying to be unbiased.  I could definitely see someone in a different situation make the case for either shoe.  I do prefer my Royals because they are one of my favorite shoes and I would make the straight up trade to get a pair, and was also offered this trade.  Then I was asked if I might cover shipping for both of us, and I wouldn't do that.  Which was fine and didn't end the trade, but it was also additional cash I was not going to offer on top of the 88's.

But would anyone, who had missed out on both Royals and 88's, trade 1 pair of DS Banned 1's for a pair of DS Royals and DS 88's? This is a hypothetical situation and is in now way an attempt to phish out a trade or break any of NT's rules.  I'm just curious what NT think these two shoes, which I do consider to be highly desired by a collector of Jordans, would be worth in a trade.  Sorry for the wall of text, I am just interested in, and enjoy, the topic.

I am looking to do this exact trade.:D

However it may be a little difficult, as I have a DS sz. 11 Banned's, but would need a DS sz. 10.5 in the 88's and a DS sz. 11 in the Royals.

I would do it because I was lucky enough to obtain two pairs of Banned's on release day, so I rock one, and have one just sitting in my closet.

For me, it would be difficult because of the sizing differences I need. But yes, I would definitely do it...and want to. :tongue:

Last edited:
citysole gots a limited restock on theses for 385$........Im thinking about grabbing a pair but im trying to hold out for a restock 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom