Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only chance I had of these back in '01 was when my boy D Hamp shoved his pair to me to hold as he proceeded to beat the breaks off a kid in the gym locker room in 7th grade. The 16th can't come fast enough.

IMO it's not the shoe purchase itself, it's the motives behind it. Just like any of us who like sneakers we had to start somewhere. But ppl buy a sneaker JUST because a celeb rocks em or JUST because they see everybody tweet about it. Which I dnt have a problem with either (I think is wack as **** but thts how the majority works) then they act as though they are so deep into the sneaker game or act like they have to have the best collection and try to make it a competition. For me it's a hobby, something I do thts nostalgic, I love the back stories, the reasons why. It all boils down to why a person is doin it. If its to be cool and have more than the next, your a hypebeast. Sorry for my story n**** tho [emoji]128539[/emoji]

I've never bought a shoe based on what celebrities are wearing them because I have no connection to rap music, nor do I care what some dbag like Kanye thinks is fashionable. Maybe I'm too old or too white, but I get excited about the shoes that were part of my childhood, part of the original Air Jordan legacy, shoes I didn't own when I was a kid and want to own now, or new retro + colorways that align with my sense of style. I love basketball, but outside of hoops and my roots as an MJ and Chicago Bulls fan I am an outsider to many of the threads that bind a good part of the sneaker community together.

I've been on thirst mode calling all 4 spots every other day where i'm at asking if they had any info on these yet .. they don't know nothing yet i know it's slightly early but i would've thought they had info by now .. and as far as them 3's i'm passing for 2 pair of these .. that's if i can even get them 

Last edited:
I've never bought a shoe based on what celebrities are wearing them because I have no connection to rap music, nor do I care what some dbag like Kanye thinks is fashionable. Maybe I'm too old or too white, but I get excited about the shoes that were part of my childhood, part of the original Air Jordan legacy, shoes I didn't own when I was a kid and want to own now, or new retro + colorways that align with my sense of style. I love basketball, but outside of hoops and my roots as an MJ and Chicago Bulls fan I am an outsider to many of the threads that bind a good part of the sneaker community together.
Same here, in the sense that growing up I couldn't afford J's. Even after HS and started working, I was more concerned about making enough to move out. So buying J's was more of a luxury that I had to skip on.Now that I make enough and have settled down a bit, it was a perfect time to start getting the J's I've always wanted as a kid. Countless hours as a kid watching MJ make an amazing play, run to my backyard hoop and try to copy what I just saw during a commercial break ( I know I'm not the only one). Collecting J's is more about sentimental value than copping cause the shoe is hot, or cause speech impaired kanye (musical genius/dumb as dirt in public speaking) wears them. I know for a fact though that 13-15 year old me would be stoked at my collection now. Good things come in time, just had to be patient.

This thread is just:
Date?
Where Can I get em?
Price?
lather rinse repeat :smh:
Things that can easily be googled and have been known for months

Last edited:
I think we're the same person. 
laugh.gif

probably sellin my chicagos to get these ... more wearable for me .. and my pair of chicagos came flawed ... my boy still wants em and offered $40 over retail which will pay for these so easy decision .. i like the dark based color 1s more anyways

now for the luck of finding a 13 .. ****

These could easily be JB best retro this year.

not a re-retro, good quality and NIke air is on it. i hope i can get my hands on 2 pairs

Where can I pick these up???
Try callin your local footlocker, footaction, finishline and champs shoe stores..I know if there's a release comin up that I want I call and make sure I'm doin my homework and in the end find the best store that has the highest amount of shoe being released..also if they are or are not doing the raffle..Alot of things come into play when you successfully cop the shoe you want..you have to be willing to do some foot work no pun intended..but good luck to all that are trying to cop, may God bless ya

This thread is just:
Date?
Where Can I get em?
Price?
lather rinse repeat
mean.gif

Things that can easily be googled and have been known for months
pretty sad eh....
Complete agree with you sunshineblotters& NyDunkhead if you have been reading this whole article you pretty much have all the information that you need to successfully cop the Royals..The rest is up to the individual..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom