Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are pics of the Knicks on feet, in case anybody on the fence about these. I highly recommend em.
View media item 204078View media item 204079View media item 204080
Here's my observation of both pair. I noticed a big height/material difference between the Knicks & Chicagos. I'm not sure if its just my pair, but Knicks are much higher then the Chicagos. Lastly the materials aren't the same.

View media item 204083View media item 204086The Knicks leather is more soft, and it gives when pressure is applied.
View media item 204089Whereas the Chicagos leather is more stiff. Mind you I'm applying the same pressure.
View media item 204096
So, at the end of the day your not paying an additional $30 bucks for Nike Air treatment. Your paying for better quality, but I still dont the $30 increase is justifiable. The Chicagos are nice at $110, if you can get past the lack of OG treatment.

His post

On the White/red/black thread AirThompson just posted a comparison of the Knicks and Chicago's. The Chicago's have stiff leather like the white cement 4s, and the Knicks have softer leather but I wouldn't say it's fire red/ military leather. The Knicks were also higher than the chicagos
that is what I said. Nothing to praise but NOT the crap we got for the militaries and fire reds. I have nothing against stiff leather. I often prefer it

Last edited:
If these are like the Knicks.......

black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

im hoping that people sleep on these release just like they did to the Bulls1 and Knicks1 ! really feelin this one!

On the White/red/black thread AirThompson just posted a comparison of the Knicks and Chicago's. The Chicago's have stiff leather like the white cement 4s, and the Knicks have softer leather but I wouldn't say it's fire red/ military leather. The Knicks were also higher than the chicagos
as soon as i saw this i hurry and checked mine, both of my pairs got the same height

Passed on those boo boo Knicks 1's and was underwhelmed by the Chicago's...

I'm going to cop the royals to go alongside my blk/reds

Definitely the knicks material is better.... I hope the May/June release bring this type of leather 8)

Thanks, that helps a lot. Looking forward to the Royals. Are the banned from '11 the go to in terms of recent retro leather quality?

If I strike out on the IIIs I will prolly get the knicks since the resale on the IIIs will be far more than I am willing to pay
EDIT: NVM I'll just save the loot for the black toes. Forgot about those. Getting the Nike Air treatment as well

Last edited:
Thanks, that helps a lot. Looking forward to the Royals. Are the banned from '11 the go to in terms of recent retro leather quality?

yes they are. they were even better quality in comfort and leather quality than my 1994 breds. also the leather has ALOT of flexibility so they wont look beat on foot

yes they are. they were even better quality in comfort and leather quality than my 1994 breds. also the leather has ALOT of flexibility so they wont look beat on foot
Thank you, really appreciate it.  Definitely in search of a pair.

This is the only Jordan im lookin to double up on this year and maybe the grapes if the chance is given...
These are grails!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom