Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only $10 but I appreciate this news. Repped.

I don't believe this at all, why would these be cheaper than the Knicks...retail reps are always misinformed when it comes to releases....I feel like they f with people because they get bombarded with so many ******ed questions on a daily basis...it's def $140

Went back a few pages and didn't see any info, so I'm going to share what I found and hopefully help out my fellow NTers (& lurkers).

http://unlocked.footlocker.com/launchlocator

Footlocker lists a AJ1 in "Black/Electric Green/Purple" on the 16th. Unless this is a secret exclusive HOH colorway, I'm pretty sure its the Royal 1s and that they mistakenly put the colors of the Joker 3s. So look up what your local HOH is doing and I hope you all get your pairs.

This is what I know about this release:

This is the exact same release as the Knicks, but on a smaller scale. The only difference is the color and the number produced for sale on feb 16. If your store had 18 pairs of Knick 1's, they will probably have 12 pairs of these. Except for the few, huge, big seller HoH's like NYC and such. They will still get very similar quantities to Knicks numbers. The only problem is that A LOT of people have these as a must get release for 2013, and that includes a lot of people that are not JB people. As much as you'd like to believe that 1's are still different than all other releases, like they used to be, this pair does not meet the normal standards of a retro 1 release. These are having the exact same tweets from NDC as the Knicks did in January. Go look at the thread with all the 2013 retro 1 releases where the Knicks were discussed. The same "will they be on NDC?" and "They will be $130." questions and comments were asked for the same reasons. $140, no NDC, at NT's thru RSVP, all HoH's, some of the same mom n pops and regional retailers that got Knicks (this could differ based on your cities spots), and same online retailers that got Knicks. For what it's worth, I would pay $175 shipped to my door from a trusted site with the quickness, and get 2 pairs, TTS and I have a wide foot. And quality is same on all NA retro 1's this year, which is a small step above the non NA pairs. Please add anything I may have skipped over.

So where are you guys finding these Preorders. I've tried searching for em but can't seem to find any decent ones under $275 (****ing ridiculous)

do Joker and Crimson III's drop same day?
nerd.gif
Joker's do I dont think crimsons do though.

do Joker and Crimson III's drop same day? :nerd:

No. Crimsons drop feb 23rd. Local stores are getting twice as many of those as every JB release this year so far, and already have them in stock. Saw them today and quality is excellent, midsole is not glossy, and the 3M is solid next to the soft leather. The "All-Star Stealth Pack", which is what they renamed this group of joker CW shoes, releases feb 16th and are not in any of my regular mall stores and they were told they are not getting them. So crimsons will be widely available, jokers will be at less locations, at least locally for me.

Lol this thread is a joke. I'm not asking for help. I've done all my work, and know where I will have the best chance to get a pair. I've gotten every pair I've wanted for the past 10 years, so I'm not new at this at all. I'm just saying that the way you guys come off is very rude and discourages new people from joining the shoe community. That's all, I'm done with this thread.

Oh, and by the way, I find it quite ironic that so many of you are angry about this new generation of those who "don't put in their work," or who "just want to be spoon fed." But I know a lot of you had no problem voting for Obama who gives people with that same attitude your money (that is if you even pay taxes, unlike 50% of this country), and only reinforces this mentality. So come on guys, lets share the wealth. Help some brothers out.
Not sure if you're serious. I hope that you realize that less than 9% of government welfare goes to the non-working. That pres. bush (a strong conservative within his own party) increased the amount of means-tested welfare by 6%. And that your "50% of this country" stat was pulled from thin air. I hate to contribute to the de-railing of this thread. If need be, mods suspend me but I couldn't restrain myself.

I've attached a document for you to check my source and i've bolded the parts so you don't have strain yourself with the reading.

Royals are on my radar though
pimp.gif

This is what I know about this release:

This is the exact same release as the Knicks, but on a smaller scale. The only difference is the color and the number produced for sale on feb 16. If your store had 18 pairs of Knick 1's, they will probably have 12 pairs of these. Except for the few, huge, big seller HoH's like NYC and such. They will still get very similar quantities to Knicks numbers. The only problem is that A LOT of people have these as a must get release for 2013, and that includes a lot of people that are not JB people. As much as you'd like to believe that 1's are still different than all other releases, like they used to be, this pair does not meet the normal standards of a retro 1 release. These are having the exact same tweets from NDC as the Knicks did in January. Go look at the thread with all the 2013 retro 1 releases where the Knicks were discussed. The same "will they be on NDC?" and "They will be $130." questions and comments were asked for the same reasons. $140, no NDC, at NT's thru RSVP, all HoH's, some of the same mom n pops and regional retailers that got Knicks (this could differ based on your cities spots), and same online retailers that got Knicks. For what it's worth, I would pay $175 shipped to my door from a trusted site with the quickness, and get 2 pairs, TTS and I have a wide foot. And quality is same on all NA retro 1's this year, which is a small step above the non NA pairs. Please add anything I may have skipped over.

Don't mind if I do.....

Royals 1s WILL drop in similar numbers to the Knicks 1s.

Royals 1s will be EVERYWHERE just like Knicks 1s.

Knicks 1s are still SITTING in certain stores as I type this.

Contrary to NT....ain't NOBODY hyped over no Jordan 1s, Royals 1s included.

Those who live in areas that regularly get Jordans will be able to mozy along & cop their pairs with little effort on release day....Just like they did the Chicago 1s. That's on RELEASE DAY not RELEASE WEEK. You get too comfy....you'll be paying reseller's price.

And finally......some of y'all gonna give yourselves hypertension stressing out over these shoes. **** is hilarious. :rofl:

Last edited:
Don't mind if I do.....

Royals 1s WILL drop in similar numbers to the Knicks 1s.

Royals will be EVERYWHERE just like Knicks 1s.

Knicks 1s are still SITTING in certain stores as I type this.

Contrary to NT....ain't NOBODY hyped over no Jordan 1s, Royals 1s included.

Those who live in areas that regularly get Jordans will be able to mozy along & cop their pairs with little effort on release date.....Just like they did the Chicago 1s. That's on RELEASE DATE not RELEASE WEEK. You get too comfy....you'll be paying reseller's price.

And finally......some of y'all gonna give yourselves hypertension stressing out over these shoes. **** is hilarious.
roll.gif
Similiar is the same term for the example I gave, for numbers....and Royals will be in fewer numbers (OREGON NIKE CAMPUS Advertising Exec CONFIRMED).  Knicks were not everywhere and neither will the Royals be.  There are entire states in our United States of America that did not receive a Knicks 1's retro release in a retail store.  Look at the launch locator, you really think that is ALL of the FTL and FTA stores in the US that are listed for this shoe's release?  LOL @ you if so.  No, not contrary to NT....it is true, people want these shoes and they will be had quickly.  You are bringing up some city specific example for where you live, and comparing it not only to the non OG and weak Knicks CW, but now the non NA Chicago's.  That's a problem right there, you're just wrong.

Yeah I said does anyone have anything to ADD, because I know everything I typed is 100% fact, and was not asking for a weak attempt to try and argue against the facts I stated
roll.gif
, and still not add new info.  LOL at comparing Knicks 1's sitting in specific stores in specific regions of the entire country to the Royal 1 release.  Royals are hyped on their own, and will be gone ASAP in store and online at anywhere that is a major retailer.  Maybe you're hole in the wall mom and pops or your DTLR or some other regional store that normal people don't know about might have a Royal later in the day Saturday.  That really helps the rest of the country where people are posting from on here.  You're completely misled and out of touch with the shoe retail industry if you think what you tried up there is reality.

The actual funniest part of this thread is the lame attempt by the old dudes, who I am sure assume that they deserve this shoe for being old, to try and act like these aren't a very sought after release. 

i agree that the royals will easily fly off the shelf faster than the knicks. that orange/blue knicks cw is limited in popularity to the general public (except in: NY or even Cleveland) because of those colors but the black and blue is a very normal color combination and will be more popular over the general public.

I'm looking forward to these. This is the last release for me until the Toro Bravos. After that, holiday XIs.

Don't worry, you too will learn the benefit of being judicious. It comes with experience.

Similiar is the same term for the example I gave, for numbers....and Royals will be in fewer numbers (OREGON NIKE CAMPUS Advertising Exec CONFIRMED).  Knicks were not everywhere and neither will the Royals be.  There are entire states in our United States of America that did not receive a Knicks 1's retro release in a retail store.  Look at the launch locator, you really think that is ALL of the FTL and FTA stores in the US that are listed for this shoe's release?  LOL @ you if so.  No, not contrary to NT....it is true, people want these shoes and they will be had quickly.  You are bringing up some city specific example for where you live, and comparing it not only to the non OG and weak Knicks CW, but now the non NA Chicago's.  That's a problem right there, you're just wrong.

Yeah I said does anyone have anything to ADD, because I know everything I typed is 100% fact, and was not asking for a weak attempt to try and argue against the facts I stated :rofl: , and still not add new info.  LOL at comparing Knicks 1's sitting in specific stores in specific regions of the entire country to the Royal 1 release.  Royals are hyped on their own, and will be gone ASAP in store and online at anywhere that is a major retailer.  Maybe you're hole in the wall mom and pops or your DTLR or some other regional store that normal people don't know about might have a Royal later in the day Saturday.  That really helps the rest of the country where people are posting from on here.  You're completely misled and out of touch with the shoe retail industry if you think what you tried up there is reality.

The actual funniest part of this thread is the lame attempt by the old dudes, who I am sure assume that they deserve this shoe for being old, to try and act like these aren't a very sought after release. 

http://gifsoup.com/

You really bout to bust a vein, Dawg? :rofl:

You really bout to bust a vein, Dawg?
roll.gif
Crap, I think that was funny in your head, right?  Just trying to make sure I understand what you were trying to do, so I can respond in a way you may comprehend.  LOL you must not read very well at all.  I'm not the least bit upset and the rolling yellow face in my post means I'm laughin, dawg...laughin.  Thanks for the concern I guess (PS my shoes are locked down, not worried about anything at all pal.  And absolutely terrible GIF execution.  LOL this site really is the worst with GIFS).  I guess we'll just see next Saturday, continue to give bad info and divert the subject in the mean time.  Oh, and good luck to ya

Lmao decided to look at the thread and all I see are essays... But yeah I think these won't be that hard to pick up if you really want them.

lol. I can't wait for these things to come in so I can get my two pairs and leave this thread for good. :smh: people arguing over join dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom