Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home today from a long family outing/ Anyway I was very lucky today after failing through the raffle and online/ Went out with my fam for breakfast at a local Jollibee / then I decided to call my local spot to check if they sold out of the Royal 1 /employee says that they still had 3 pairs left and that if they dont pick up by 12 noon they would do FCFS/ We went there I waited for 30 mins and the employee was cool enough to let me have the first priority if noone picks up / 1 dude pick his pair and by 12 noon I got my size 9 and the another dude waiting behind me got his size 10. Today was my lucky day finally a fresh pair of NIKE AIR JORDAN 1
smokin.gif
Congrats on the pickup!

RT @DeadstockNYC: “@akaTRENT: Nike sold B-Stock Air Jordan 1 High Retro OG "Royals"?: http://t.co/jSuVWTyY

Any validity to this?

Much watch video click the link to see what I'm talking about

Why doesn't he show the OTHER shoe and the inside of his Bulls one that comes with the red Jumpman insole?

He swapped it out...****.

I hope that prick is on here, so I can tell his *** to stop lying and trying to cheat Nike. :smh:

Last edited:
What does "only shoe I really wanted for retail" mean? If I were going to pay over retail it'd definitely be for the pairs I want most.

I paid retail on my first pair and $250 on the second. Two pairs for four bills is worth it to me to have these in my collection for good. I'm close to done at this point and think I'll be finished by November with JB. Even with that steep of a price, due to catching DBs I'm still a collective $100 under retail on my last 12 purchases (Concords, Bred XI x2, BRed IV x2, Thunders, Chicago and Knicks 1's, CGIX, 88's, Royals x2). I look at my collection as an investment on top of the nostalgia and style factors. If I can keep my purchases around retail 9/10 times given the current market, it's a good investment for the money and if/when I liquidate I won't feel bad about it. This market has proven to be more expansive than I ever imagined it would get.

I just can't justify consistently paying 40-100 (or more for many in this case) over retail. Ultimately there are other things I can invest my money in that bring me enjoyment and satisfaction - be it on experiences or other items where there's more utility and less work involved to get something out of my time. If Nike wants to keep shorting the best original colorways with the hopes of creating artificial demand by way of inadequate production it becomes a lot less appealing to put my time or effort into. This made picking up Banned 1's (retailing for $30 less) look like cake. And to think that was less than two years ago. Absurd.

Last edited:
Why doesn't he show the OTHER shoe and the inside of his Bulls one that comes with the red Jumpman insole?

He swapped it out...****.

I hope that prick is on here, so I can tell his *** to stop lying and trying to cheat Nike. :smh:
lol. Because it would be impossible to get a b grade with only one bad insole.
He is trying to cheat Nike because that would be beneficial to him

RT @DeadstockNYC: “@akaTRENT: Nike sold B-Stock Air Jordan 1 High Retro OG "Royals"?: http://t.co/jSuVWTyY

Any validity to this?

Much watch video click the link to see what I'm talking about

Really there's folks out here that missed out on their pairs and this dude is really complaining about some insoles? No complaints on paint defects, leather defects, glue stains but some Insoles? I mean no one will ever see your insoles when you where them, if he were to flip these the next guy I'm sure wouldn't care. :smh:

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah Rhino bro I was thinking of picking up the size 10 as well but my wifey and little one went strolled around the mall/ by the time they came back the dude waited behind me funny thing about it he almost got into a fight with another dude trying to cut him though the line/ anyway I was more worried about trying to scoop mine but its all good

I can't believe I just went through 1200+ posts.
Anyway,here's a definition of a hypebeast you guys.
487744_529681673719575_1704001155_n.jpg

Finally got around to scoping out my pair today and SMH at the flaws on my pair. Definitely feel lucky even have a pair but man. In this pic the leather looks to have been cut by the sharp ends of the lock that holds the extra set of laces connected to the shoe.
View media item 272389
Here is a glue stain and some creasing over it where it looks like the glue was being rubbed off but couldn't get it off and the creasing around the swoosh is heavy but it's leather so that's to be expected.
View media item 272391
All in all, happy I have a pair. Searching for a 2nd to keep on ice but don't want to pay rape....yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom