Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
still no tracking number from the italian site.
ohwell.gif

im losing hope 
tired.gif

How are the prices gonna calm down on these? I've never seen a supply /demand so screwed up on a JB release in a while. This is not, I repeat, NOT, a hyped shoe release like some gimmick limited release colorway thing JB pulls. This is a classic colorway that has not been released in over a decade from a Company that releases the same damn shoe in the same damn colorway every couple of years, yet for some crazy reason, they have decided to not release this CLASSIC non gimmicky, no hypebeast colorway in over a decade and then make the numbers limited?

This is the kind of shoe that Jordan enthusiasts who were Jordan enthusiasts in the 90's would love to have 2 or 3 pairs to keep for nostalgic reasons. 

Considering all the above, unless there is a substantial restock coming our way soon, I cannot see these dropping in value. I think some of the insane auctions where these shoes hit $350+ won't re occur, but seeing these go for $250 to $300 in the future in the absence of a big restock seems pretty realistic to me. 

This type of release is key to Nike's success. Now going forward everyone will think the next new releases will be limited so they go in droves and scoop them up. Good marketing plan on Nike's part but sucks for those who actually want the shoe for the shoe.

Last edited:
Shoe palace in Northridge had about 5 pairs available for sale FCFS after their employees ran through what they had before RD. 3 out of the 5 pairs went to admitted resellers. The entire line of around 50 people was salty...especially since the guy that found out about them being resellers was going around telling everyone in line that they weren't getting their pairs because of them. (Come to find out they only had 10-12 pairs before the employees pick out theirs to begin with, so it would not have mattered anyway) Doors open up...resellers nab up the remaining pairs...guy talking trash about resellers for the last two hours finds the guy that bought his pair and immediately hands him $210. Considering the prices I'm seeing for them now...dude got a steal.

I was there. I got the last sz 8, but was tryna double on a 9. The worst camp ever. I knw the dude you're talking about that paid $210. He was do damn annoying.

If you guys think about it, Nike USA is a bunch of jerks trolling us. They released on Nike Europe website, so why not in the USA. They like to ## with you guys

If you guys think about it, Nike USA is a bunch of jerks trolling us. They released on Nike Europe website, so why not in the USA. They like to ## with you guys

Just don't get Nike. Seems like the allocated the shoes with the wrong amounts to different regions too.

Just don't get Nike. Seems like the allocated the shoes with the wrong amounts to different regions too.

This release has been really crazy. I hope JB has something up their sleeve cause they got people doing things they said they would never do.........drop $200+ on 1s.

It is what it is though.

This release has been really crazy. I hope JB has something up their sleeve cause they got people doing things they said they would never do.........drop $200+ on 1s.

It is what it is though.

thats what they want, so they can justify another increase in jordan 1 prices. the next OG colorway will probably be 160-175

I looked at completed listing on sz 11.5 and 12 for pairs that were won and someone paid 500, 465, four people paid 399, ect.

How much is this pure hype and how much is people who genuinely want to rock these because they always liked them?
Damn I can't wait to sell my pairs now. I'm going to be rich *****!!! 
laugh.gif
 j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom