:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by acoppola331

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

haha this def is complete opposite of the 12 playoffs forum where people helping each other out.. people gonna do what they're gonna do.. u can help others, u can brag.. i'll just try to avoid those selling for rape prices

I helped 2 people out with playoffs thinking id get some karma back my way when I miss out on a release. Hasnt been the case cuz I sitll havent found anyone willing to help me with a 9 or 9.5
I could have helped you out bro I guess I should have bought them just didn't think that size was popular and figured everyone was able to cop that size no reason to cop and try to trade up to my size.

It's all a vicious circle. The demand is so ridiculous and the price is through the roof. As hard as it is for some people if you get the chance for a second at retail then who's not going to say no?

I got two 11.5 from Nike.com uk when I was hoping for just one. Even if you want them lets be honest, $175 (UK conversion rate that I paid retail) is too much for what would have been a GR three years ago. Selling another at a profit pays for most of the other pair so you don't feel like you are being personally extorted by JB each month.

It's easy come easy go as over here any in store release at House Of Hoops London doesn't happen as the crooked staff sell all their consignment under the counter.

As for the IV's I know what people are saying, I remember paying £65 / $100 for Oreo IV's in 99. What I would give for those days of being able to walk into a regular outlet and 9 times out of 10 pick up something a few months past its release, good quality, at discount, to rock.

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

Originally Posted by Airmax97sc

Dont know about you fellas, but looking at my two pairs, I wore my size 10 today, damn they are more comfortable then the recent white cement releases but I think that has to do with the suede. What is weird, is that my air bubbles on both my pairs arent as deep as the cements nor my old retros from 2006, anyone else notice the bubble doesnt go in as far? just wondering (my pairs arent early release or fake, ones from footlocker the other finishline in hand). Thanks

do they fit tts? mine come in tomorrow and i'm hoping i don't need to trade down to a 10.5

Yeah I'm sure they do I wear a size 9.5 but I had to settle with a size 10 I bought off a reseller for 220$ lol the size 10 fits perfect with a couple MMs to spare.. But not to much bigger this is my only shoe that is a 10 that worried me bout the creases.. I have pretty wide feet so I guess it equals out.

Originally Posted by proballer

Originally Posted by nykid2387

I don't know what all the hype about these are anyway. I think they're hideous.

THIS! I coulda scooped two for retail but these look like FAKES!

exactly i had at least 5 different people call me asking did i want em early  ... kept turning them down one even said "FAM I SAID RETAIL YOU SURE???????" DEF 
roll.gif
roll.gif

NY kid you complain they are hideous yet u are selling them in your sig for 275 when the least u can do is help a fellow NTer who needs them more than you..And proballer get out the thread with your two cents if your worried bout how ugly they are, same to you NY kid..To each is own

Bro I aint never seen a fake look as good as these 4s.
Nike went "hard with the paint" on these.

Smh at ppl complaining and selling for way over retail. If u have second thoughts try helping out someone like me who actually likes the shoe and wants to buy them to be worn not stared at or put in a closet

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Man, the JB board is Bananas. This thread is before rd active. I remember a time when threads died off after rd.

Do they lock threads anymore?

Threads are clearly becoming low key selling forums after RD.

laugh.gif
Yep, that was because anyone who wanted a sneaker could basically get them if they weren't limited. Now dudes have to wait until they get their overseas orders and reseller prices drop. Oh, and of course the quality updates.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Bro I aint never seen a fake look as good as these 4s.
Nike went "hard with the paint" on these.
this. a bunch of people say these look like fakes, but the same can be said about most non-OG colorways. the hate on these really reminds me of the Lightnings and Thunders. back in 2006, alot of people thought they were hideous. and over the years, people realized how nice they were and shot up in price. the same will happen with these. alot of people will regret not getting a pair at retail or slightly over retail when they had a chance to.
if this colorway had been on a Lebron 8 or 9 and labeled a HWC colorway, prices would have been through the roof.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Man, the JB board is Bananas. This thread is before rd active. I remember a time when threads died off after rd.

laugh.gif
Yep, that was because anyone who wanted a sneaker could basically get them if they weren't limited. Now dudes have to wait until they get their overseas orders and reseller prices drop. Oh, and of course the quality updates.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dudes still waiting on their playoff 12s from europe.. we gonna be in july and dudes will bump it like "just got my snipes order
pimp.gif
"

i really don't understand the hype behind these. I'm not gonna front they look a lot better in some of the pics yall are putting up but i still wouldn't cop. I debated buying these to rock with some knicks gear cuz i'm a die hard knicks fan (sad i know but i rep my city) but that wasn't enough of a reason to even consider buying these. I'm happy that the ppl who really wanted these got em and sorry for those that didn't. I'm interested to see what the going reseller price is when everything is said and done.

am i the only one that think blue and orange clash? i dont think those colors work great at all.

oh and to finishline: thank you so much for charging me for 17 pair. my bank account really appreciates it.

I know a lot of folks had trouble with Finishline, but they still got a FSR of GS sizes if anyone needs them. Use that $15 coupon to bring it to about $110 shipped if you need it for your girl, kids, family member!

Originally Posted by rjn915

am i the only one that think blue and orange clash? i dont think those colors work great at all.
Yes, you are the only one. Blue and orange are complementary colors on the color wheel, so they're supposed to be appealing to the eye.

Designers know this and it plays a role into getting people to buy products. I mean, just look at all the blu-ray covers that use that color combo..
blueorange500_229.jpg

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by apthekid

Dudes is gettin applauded for ridiculous reselling prices on Niketalk...that hurts my heart. I hold NT as one of the few "pure" remaining sneaker forums...clearly not the case.

sad day...and before somebody says something stupid like I'm just mad cuz I didn't cop...Best believe I ALWAYS get what I want...retail. I've only paid over retail 4 times...

Its mostly these 90s babies that shouldn't be allowed to join this forum.

Man shutup.

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by Magic1978

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dudes still waiting on their playoff 12s from europe.. we gonna be in july and dudes will bump it like "just got my snipes order
pimp.gif
"

8301676c5db176c97737709198e67814ccc1d145_r.gif

Originally Posted by Minitsuj

Originally Posted by rjn915

Yes, you are the only one. Blue and orange are complementary colors on the color wheel, so they're supposed to be appealing to the eye.

Designers know this and it plays a role into getting people to buy products. I mean, just look at all the blu-ray covers that use that color combo..
blueorange500_229.jpg
I was a fine arts major in color and blue/orange are complimentary colors. it's just like red/green, purple/gold, etc. when placed on a predominantly black shoe like the Cavs, the colors pop so well. 
I personally always loved this color scheme, even dating back to elementary school where I used to admire the Knicks and Broncos uniforms. 

Back
Top Bottom