:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by kjlee85

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by Freeze

thanks bro.  with their new system, they said you just have to get it in your cart and youll be fine right?  or is it better to call?    are they doing 8am or midnight?   Yes I'm assuming you have all the answers! lol
i have some answers, from my experience with big releases, when the countdown clock reaches zero, you try to add to cart, they ALL (all sizes) say OUT OF STOCK, UNABLE TO ADD TO CART. which is ridiculous. when i ordered lebron elites, they said out of stock, but after an hour it started to work and i was able to add to cart, but with the 11 lows, playoff 12s, ASG shoes, it never worked. i think calling is your best bet. Try both.

ive struck out calling to eastbayall the time, but recentl ever since i found out a trick on their timers i havent struck out online yet

do tell 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by BluPrynt78

Originally Posted by DEpast

To you folks that camp for days for shoes, do you work?

I mean, most people have 9-5s or at least jobs.
County Employee & District Employee

Vacation Time: Check
Sick Time: Check
Personal Time: Check (Use it or Lose it)
Comp Time: Check

I have plenty of time to take off and camp. Keep in mind, I'm still getting paid while waiting in line.
Now, I don't enjoy camping but I gotta do what I gotta do to obtain kicks the I really want.
ohwell.gif

calling in sick to camp for shoes cracks me up.....

I have plenty of Vaca/Personal/Comp time to not have to worry about using Sick time.

Unless Nike keeps whoring out heat multiple times a month!
mad.gif

OH CRAP!!! poorniko has a spot in line for the #AJCavs, Size 9 . Bring your ID on 5/12 for the 8:00am-9:45 am launch to claim your shoes. wooooooot!!!

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

Originally Posted by kjlee85

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

i have some answers, from my experience with big releases, when the countdown clock reaches zero, you try to add to cart, they ALL (all sizes) say OUT OF STOCK, UNABLE TO ADD TO CART. which is ridiculous. when i ordered lebron elites, they said out of stock, but after an hour it started to work and i was able to add to cart, but with the 11 lows, playoff 12s, ASG shoes, it never worked. i think calling is your best bet. Try both.

ive struck out calling to eastbayall the time, but recentl ever since i found out a trick on their timers i havent struck out online yet
 I assume your trick is full proof  based on your typing skills. Do you also have any info on Nigerian Banks you could email? 

Are you trying to be funny?  This has nothing to do with eastbay at all.  I honestly don't care how I type on NT but I can type properly when it is the appropriate time to.

Originally Posted by VDFOSHO

Originally Posted by Sneak King

I don't like the RSVP system.

its trash. it should be public, not DM the NT. How do we really know its "first respond, first serve"?
It IS public.  Anyone can DM the specific NT they are looking to RSVP at.   
And if you don't have a computer or a phone that can use twitter...maybe you should rethink about spending $160 on some sneakers. 

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by Sneak King

I don't like the RSVP system.

its trash. it should be public, not DM the NT. How do we really know its "first respond, first serve"?
And if you don't have a computer or a phone that can use twitter...maybe you should rethink about spending $160 on some sneakers. 

No, he's saying it should be public as in having to reply to the tweet as opposed to DMing. That way everything is out in the open. 

County Employee & District Employee

Vacation Time: Check
Sick Time: Check
Personal Time: Check (Use it or Lose it)
Comp Time: Check

I have plenty of time to take off and camp. Keep in mind, I'm still getting paid while waiting in line.
Now, I don't enjoy camping but I gotta do what I gotta do to obtain kicks the I really want.
ohwell.gif

I have plenty of Vaca/Personal/Comp time to not have to worry about using Sick time.

mad.gif

HEY U GOT TO DO WHAT U GO TO

Originally Posted by woodro

mad.gif

HEY U GOT TO DO WHAT U GO TO
Woodro check your pm. Help a brutha out so I don't have to use any time.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

No, he's saying it should be public as in having to reply to the tweet as opposed to DMing. That way everything is out in the open. 
While I agree, that would make things more open, I personally do not want a bunch of people knowing that I just copped a specific size and then could do some detective work (since I have to put my name down too!) and figure out where I live, etc. Things could easily get out of hand quickly....I think it's fine the way it is. 

wow lucky me my RSVP went through for NIKENYC.... These are going to be traded for some heat.

But then you could walk in and use someone else's name and collect their shoe.
This would be bad for asian people.  (lots of similar names and faces)

This RSVP thing is so nerve racking. I swear i've been staring at my phone since 10:00. Can't get anything done at work.

I sent my DM to NT boston no more then 15 sec after it went live.  Any other NTboston peeps have luck? Its pretty much luck...
Was able to speak with a CS rep about the twitter rsvp yesterday and the women on the phone told me they receive a "few hundred" within the first 30 seconds 
eek.gif
  Knowing that information wont make me upset when I strike out.  Hope this helps and puts it into perspective on how many tweets they actually get in such a short period of time.  

Originally Posted by sdsualum

This RSVP thing is so nerve racking. I swear i've been staring at my phone since 10:00. Can't get anything done at work.
I agree, been waiting for 2 hours. I'm lucky Thursday' are my day off. Can't imagine having to work and wait for the rsvp.

Ahhhhhh. I see. 
Niketown Portland yesterday replied to tweets sent to them as well as DM's for the Aunt Pearl KD IV's. 
They were sending out public tweets with peoples names and sizes. I was getting the updates on my phone it was pretty annoying.  

I prefer they  keep the list private.  DM is easy. 

Back
Top Bottom