:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by DEpast

Originally Posted by Brianptt

Originally Posted by realdillxxx

I swear that every pair of these that was copped from retail stores are either listed on CL or eBay....It's like dudes don't rock kix anymore. Just straight cop and flip...

I agree, that's why it was so funny when I walked out of the store, sat down on the bench in the mall, and put them +!#@* on my feet and bounced, while everyone else just sat there like damn 
sick.gif
frown.gif
I used to think it was so corny as a kid when friends/others bought shoes and wore them out the store. Put their beaters in the new box/bag and rolled out.
Haha, normally I don't but when everyone is standing around talking about how much they gonna resell them for, it's funny to see their faces drop when you literally don't care and just bought them to wear anyways.  Plus, they bound to touch pavement sooner or later.  I used to save all my kicks for a couple months until the hype dies down and then just randomly bring them out, but now nobody buys them to wear anyways, especially where I live, so its whatever.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by kjlee85

If you make so much why you trying to resell shoes?  The profit made from selling these shoes shouldn't be worth your time.
people with money shouldn't make easy money?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But why waste so much time to make like $150/shoe.

And risk getting scammed if its on Ebay or robbed/jumped on CL.

people with money shouldn't make easy money?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you're makin an assumption of how much time and effort he spent to obtain them
and an assumption of how much time and effort he spent to sell them.

just because it may be difficult to you, doesn't mean it's difficult for someone else. 
laugh.gif

EDIT:

I don't want to turn this into reseller talk, but I don't think it's smart to have an argument that's basically filled with assumptions 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Minitsuj

Originally Posted by youngj00

Man, I litterally DM'ed NTLA 2 seconds after they tweeted about the 12 being avalible and still NO DM back. There's no way that some wanted that 12 before me. SMH, things are getting real grimmey!
Chatted up with some guy outside NTLA who was waiting on the 2PM deadline for unclaimed RSVPs and he was looking for a size 12, so he probably got them. The guy was cool, but he just wanted to flip the pair.
eyes.gif

I mean, I'm not salty because that's not going to stop my search. But why even tweet the 12 then?

the same people that bad mouth resellers are the ones reselling shoes for bogus prices here on NT. If you don't want to pay them prices go and camp out if you don't want to camp out pay them prices. If you really want a certain pair you'll do what you have to do. This pair was not a must have, but my boy came thru for me. If i keep the pair ill throw him some extra money or trade this pair for one in his size.

Crazy the amount of these on Ebay, seems like people with contacts managed to get these just so they can resell them. Bad enough pairs are limited and the prices of shoes are starting to skyrocket, might as well start looking on Ebay for every shoe release.

Originally Posted by onlitwo

9 and 13 were the sizes to go first

Yes sir...Sample sizes.

I think some people buy those sizes in hopes to score a sample.

happy.gif
ThunderChunk69 wrote:

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Congrats to everyone that got their pairs!

EastbayRep - Ray
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got my pair
tell Kristin to keep up the good work

LOL Is Kristin the only one wrking, cuz i got her like 4 times today but i still didnt a pair and after I got those galaxy foams from eastbay for being a loyal customer i havent been lucky wit nothing smh, well Eastbay Ray jus letting yall kno i still try to buy from yall but jus no luck, i thought i as untouchable lol

Originally Posted by Kalon2000

yo memphis i thought you only buy 10.5....
IN JORDANS AND EVERYTHING ELSE. YES. IN THE LEBRON 9'S? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE IF I ACTUALLY WANT TO WEAR THEM. I SWEAR THEY RUN A FULL SIZE SMALL.

Had a pretty easy pickup this morning for my 2 pair of 10.5. My spot only had 18 pair. Hopefully I am this lucky next week, my spot will only have 1 pair of each size.

LeBrons definitely run a little smaller than most shoes, except the Elites IMO. My 9, my true size, fits perfect. Even a little big actually.

you're makin an assumption of how much time and effort he spent to obtain them
and an assumption of how much time and effort he spent to sell them.

just because it may be difficult to you, doesn't mean it's difficult for someone else. 
laugh.gif

EDIT:

I don't want to turn this into reseller talk, but I don't think it's smart to have an argument that's basically filled with assumptions 
laugh.gif

I didn't assume anything.  He just stated he has a lot of money and is selling shoes which brings in little money compared to what he makes.  I never said anything about how he does it so keep laughing away.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Kalon2000

yo memphis i thought you only buy 10.5....
IN JORDANS AND EVERYTHING ELSE. YES. IN THE LEBRON 9'S? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE IF I ACTUALLY WANT TO WEAR THEM. I SWEAR THEY RUN A FULL SIZE SMALL.
That's most of Nike's new signature basketball shoes as a whole it seems.  Kobe's, KD IVs, LeBrons all seem to run a half size small or so.  Those along with Trainer Huaraches and Air Max 95s are like the only shoes I go strictly for a 12.

GOT MY PAIRS HERE IN HOUSTON

GOT TWO MORE 10.5 CAV 4'S COMING IN THE MAIL. SHOULD BE HERE ON TUESDAY.

F*uck the shoes.. The bike... Killin it. Is that a cbr1000?

had a "buzzer beater" moment getting these. as you guys know, I had a pair on hold for me. I had more than enough money in my Paypal. I transferred the money on wednesday morning but to my surprise it didnt hit my account this morning so I was screwed. My brother and sister felt bad for me and tried to come up with a plan to front me the cash to get them until Monday. I thought it was a lost cause after I didnt hear back from either of them. So I go out to work a photography gig and while there, I check ebay and fail to see a decent price. A hour into my gig (which is going extremely well), my bro tells me he copped the size 10 he was holding for me and I owed him big time. WOOOOO!!!!!!!

So he's dropping them off tomorrow morning and im giving him half the cash and the rest on Monday. I couldnt have asked for better family

Originally Posted by sthebest

had a "buzzer beater" moment getting these. as you guys know, I had a pair on hold for me. I had more than enough money in my Paypal. I transferred the money on wednesday morning but to my surprise it didnt hit my account this morning so I was screwed. My brother and sister felt bad for me and tried to come up with a plan to front me the cash to get them until Monday. I thought it was a lost cause after I didnt hear back from either of them. So I go out to work a photography gig and while there, I check ebay and fail to see a decent price. A hour into my gig (which is going extremely well), my bro tells me he copped the size 10 he was holding for me and I owed him big time. WOOOOO!!!!!!!

So he's dropping them off tomorrow morning and im giving him half the cash and the rest on Monday. I couldnt have asked for better family

This!!!!!

the shop me and my cousin went to got a total of 13 pairs. we were 11th, and 12th in line, and last 2/3 sizes just happened to be our sizes. some kid was waiting since 3 am, his dad shows up about half an hour before store opens (pretending like he's going to pay for his kid) then tries to get a pair himself. good thing my cousin saw, he called it out quick. weird father/son relationship, the kid is about 15 sitting on his dads lap in line i was like +#$?

Originally Posted by leirlic

the shop me and my cousin went to got a total of 13 pairs. we were 11th, and 12th in line, and last 2/3 sizes just happened to be our sizes. some kid was waiting since 3 am, his dad shows up about half an hour before store opens (pretending like he's going to pay for his kid) then tries to get a pair himself. good thing my cousin saw, he called it out quick. weird father/son relationship, the kid is about 15 sitting on his dads lap in line i was like +#$?

indifferent.gif
 at that last part.  But yeah, really hate when people try to cut or get over.

Originally Posted by sthebest

You got a great family man. Glad to hear you got them. 

Originally Posted by BDUB313

GOT MY PAIRS HERE IN HOUSTON

GOT TWO MORE 10.5 CAV 4'S COMING IN THE MAIL. SHOULD BE HERE ON TUESDAY.

F*uck the shoes.. The bike... Killin it. Is that a cbr1000?
NAH IT'S MY CBR600RR. THE 1000 IS WAY MORE BIKE THAN I NEED.

Back
Top Bottom