:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by marcushatten

Originally Posted by youngj00

Oh man, well congrats to you. I took another "L" via Jimmy Jazz. I have NO luck with them AT ALL!

Jimmy jazz is an underrated spot. They got some good sale prices sometimes. but man is it hard to cop a retro from them
There is a Jimmy Jazz in Austin, dont know how you got away with no tax. But none the less, nice come up.
I think it has to do more with state statutes. I believe some websites charge tax to certain states even if they don't operate in that specific state.

Originally Posted by b20 eg8

^Yes they did a midnight release. Gone in minutes.
Thanks for the reply. Dang, thats tough 
eek.gif

I managed to grab a pair in my size from Eastbay, only had to wait 5 minutes. Tried to RSVP them at my Nikestore but was unsuccessful. Did manage to RSVP the Aunt Pearls though, and had race for the cure at the MOA this morning, so it made the release special to me. Still searching for a second pair of the Cavs... anyone know where to grab another pair for a decent price?

my brother dropped off my pair this morning. LOVE THESE. the colorway pops so much, especially when you swap the laces. and they definitely look much better in person, not ashy in the least. these really do have a real PE vibe to them. I was leery from the initial pics, but theyre one of the best colorways of the IVs outside of the OG ones (all of which outweigh these) I strongly suggest people not to sleep, these will be worth some bread one day.

The price of these dropped significantly overnight. There are a lot of CL posts for $220 now and even one for $200 and $180.

Originally Posted by hypebeast69

For everyone wanting to double up try putting in cav's instead of cavs...alot of shoes up there with no one bidding because they don't show up in the search... always spell shoes wrong around releases and you can end up with steals because people don't want poor feedback

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i...sacat=See-All-Categories
lol what?  They'll sell you the shoe because they dont want negative feedback?

Just got off the phone with a lady at finishline. She said my order was set out to be shipped and gave me my tracking number. She said all the orders that went thru will ship tomrw

Showed up to the mall at 5 am for no reason, by 8am there where only 6 people in line. I was first, but of course finishline says they have no size 13's so I go to the other store in the mall and get the only size 13, these where easier to get then playoff 12's, graduated on Saturday too and no I didn't where them to graduation lol
2pt6lfl.jpg
349ard5.jpg
m8ka6x.jpg

Originally Posted by mrrw

Just got off the phone with a lady at finishline. She said my order was set out to be shipped and gave me my tracking number. She said all the orders that went thru will ship tomrw

Hope that includes the people who used coupons!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jordan23man

Showed up to the mall at 5 am for no reason, by 8am there where only 6 people in line. I was first, but of course finishline says they have no size 13's so I go to the other store in the mall and get the only size 13, these where easier to get then playoff 12's, graduated on Saturday too and no I didn't where them to graduation lol

Where did you graduate from? Would think they would teach you how to properly use the word " wear. " Kidding man congrats. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by melo8584

Easy cop for me. Got the size sticker that footlocker was passing out to guarantee your size. Walked in, copped mine, then walked down to Champs to scoop a pair for a homie. It was really only 30-40 ppl at Memorial City mall. Either cats in the H didn't care too much for these or they all flooded the Galleria like always. Oh well. Glad I was able to get mine.
THEY FLOODED THE GALLERIA. IT WAS INSANE. THEY CALLED THE PARAMEDICS FOR A DUDE THAT FAINTED/HAD A SEIZURE INSIDE OF HOUSE OF HOOPS. THAT'S WHY THE LINE TOOK FOREVER TO MOVE. SAW AS THEY WERE TAKING THE YOUNG DUDE OUT.
Damn thats messed up and melo i wonder why the playoff release couldnt be like that . 
It was ridiculous 

Yeah I heard the playoff release was something terrible. I missed out on release day, but luckily HOH had a restock that following Thursday, so I was able to grab a pair.

Originally Posted by melo8584

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THEY FLOODED THE GALLERIA. IT WAS INSANE. THEY CALLED THE PARAMEDICS FOR A DUDE THAT FAINTED/HAD A SEIZURE INSIDE OF HOUSE OF HOOPS. THAT'S WHY THE LINE TOOK FOREVER TO MOVE. SAW AS THEY WERE TAKING THE YOUNG DUDE OUT.
Damn thats messed up and melo i wonder why the playoff release couldnt be like that . 
It was ridiculous 

Yeah I heard the playoff release was something terrible. I missed out on release day, but luckily HOH had a restock that following Thursday, so I was able to grab a pair.
is there any videos of this release ?

Originally Posted by sthebest

my brother dropped off my pair this morning. LOVE THESE. the colorway pops so much, especially when you swap the laces. and they definitely look much better in person, not ashy in the least. these really do have a real PE vibe to them. I was leery from the initial pics, but theyre one of the best colorways of the IVs outside of the OG ones (all of which outweigh these) I strongly suggest people not to sleep, these will be worth some bread one day.

Nice photos man. You're box is beat tho!

Too loud for my taste, personally. Looks like grail status for Pauly D's collection. Hope everyone who wanted em got a shot though.

Originally Posted by osyrhiz

Originally Posted by sthebest

Nice photos man. You're box is beat tho!
thanks bro, but actually the box only looks like that because i slightly sharpened the pic. it's pristine in real life.

Originally Posted by kjlee85

The price of these dropped significantly overnight. There are a lot of CL posts for $220 now and even one for $200 and $180.

LOL and dude from this site tried to sell it to me for 275 + s&h. I hope he sits
roll.gif

looks like this isnt a popular colorway. It's a QS drop but it's aftermarket price don't cost much more than retail.

The GR releases usually take a few weeks at least to come down to the $200 or less bin

and these are the "Cavs" 4's, lookin like a Knicks CW? is that why the real ones Mike wore for that "shot on Ehlo" will be $180 now? not sleeping, I'm wide awake, and I'm trying my best to understand, that's all...Great for all tha got 'em

Originally Posted by PURE ROCK FURY

and these are the "Cavs" 4's, lookin like a Knicks CW? is that why the real ones Mike wore for that "shot on Ehlo" will be $180 now? not sleeping, I'm wide awake, and I'm trying my best to understand, that's all...Great for all tha got 'em

You need to go back to sleep
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by kjlee85

LOL and dude from this site tried to sell it to me for 275 + s&h. I hope he sits
roll.gif

looks like this isnt a popular colorway. It's a QS drop but it's aftermarket price don't cost much more than retail.

The GR releases usually take a few weeks at least to come down to the $200 or less bin

laugh.gif
 you being salty cause you couldn't cop and are mad at the price point.

Craigslist isn't a gauge for market value. ebay is. Ebay is still 260 at the low end and 315 high end. Two things. people are still hoping to cop retail so they're playing the wait game. The second, its mothers day weekend so once moms are taken care of more people will start throwing more to get these. 

Originally Posted by PURE ROCK FURY

Some of you dudes are funny saying this colorway is "looking" like a Knicks colorway.You do realize the cavs and Knicks had identical team colors when MJ hit "the shot", (how can you, some of you weren't born)It's like saying every Jordan white/black-red colorway looks like a heat or trailblazer shoe.The thing is MJ made an iconic shot against the cavs not Knicks in the IVs.Some of you knick loyalist are REACHING but hey that's what 1 playoff win in 10+ years will do to you.

Not liking these at all. Daughters mom sent me a pair from the NEX. I wont be keeping them.

Congrats to those that copped and are happy.

Just a heads up, i just received one of those usps virus emails .. obviously failed, after trying to figure out what the $$%@ it was saying I decided to google. Only bothering to mention because i did post that i copped earlier but im not sure if that has anything to do with it .. came from usps.com too ..

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Not liking these at all. Daughters mom sent me a pair from the NEX. I wont be keeping them.

Congrats to those that copped and are happy.

What base NEX had these?

Back
Top Bottom