:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

The material is extremely nice on these, very nice. I can't wait to throw them on but I'm definitely spraying them down w suede protector just to be careful. I wonder if hair spray would work on these like it did for my charcoal pictures back in the day

This shoe is super fresh. can't wait to rock with my Jeremy Lin jersey!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

What don't you people understand?

They're the Cavs 4's because wore the 4 for 'the shot' against the Cavs 23 years ago.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just turn 23 tomorrow and I know this. Yet I get picked on for being a "kid" in Jordans
Man I know what he did against the Cavs. Keep your sports history in your back pocket when it comes to me. 
I put the game he hit 63 against Bird and the Celtics over that Cavs game. 

If hitting shots is the reason, where are the Jazz colorway 12s and 14s?

Nobody in the Cavs history has had anything to do with Jordan brand, so to me it was cause Melo didnt want them.

Hell he did WAY more against the Knicks over the years. He didnt even win a ring that year they beat the Cavs.
Lol, cuz it is a new idea? They don't want to reuse the same idea over and over and over again?
What about the Celtics 1s?

Don't know, don't care. Those are the only jordans 1-14 that don't have a single color I like. Although they do look good on women.

What was your point?

Originally Posted by KMante

I just turn 23 tomorrow and I know this. Yet I get picked on for being a "kid" in Jordans
Man I know what he did against the Cavs. Keep your sports history in your back pocket when it comes to me. 

Nobody in the Cavs history has had anything to do with Jordan brand, so to me it was cause Melo didnt want them.

Hell he did WAY more against the Knicks over the years. He didnt even win a ring that year they beat the Cavs.
laugh.gif
 Slow down big guy. 

They have the Boston 1's already for the bolded text, so I don't get your point.

Do you think that since Ray Allen didn't like them, JB decided to make them the Boston Celtics 1's instead?

There are the Pistons and Lakers VI's, the teams he beat in the VI in his first title run.

For the Jordan 6 Rings, they had a shoe for all the teams he beat in the Finals.

Did JB say that they were done producing shoes? Naw B

They have plenty of ideas/gimicks in the vault.

It's the year of the IV, and "The Shot" was an iconic moment he had in the IV. Thus, the shoe "Cavs IV."

Spoiler [+]
You're trollin' right?
nerd.gif

Bro I call them what I want to call them. I'm sure he hit a few buzzer beaters against the Knicks in the ECFs too. I prefer Melo 4s over Cavs. I got a pair. I'm sure u got a pair. I'm satisfied with mine. Sure your satisfied with yours. Phil Knight and MJ are both satisfied with our purchases. To think I didn't know why they called them Cavs shows ur arrogance. A better way of doing it would have been to ask if I knew why they were called the Cavs. You arrogantly assumed I don't know jack about basketball or the shoe game. A lot of egos on this board from cats who really need to just chill and enjoy the camradery.

laugh.gif
 Slow down big guy. 

They have the Boston 1's already for the bolded text, so I don't get your point.

Do you think that since Ray Allen didn't like them, JB decided to make them the Boston Celtics 1's instead?

There are the Pistons and Lakers VI's, the teams he beat in the VI in his first title run.

For the Jordan 6 Rings, they had a shoe for all the teams he beat in the Finals.

It's the year of the IV, and "The Shot" was an iconic moment he had in the IV. Thus, the shoe "Cavs IV."

Spoiler [+]
You're trollin' right?
nerd.gif

Bro I call them what I want to call them. I'm sure he hit a few buzzer beaters against the Knicks in the ECFs too. I prefer Melo 4s over Cavs. I got a pair. I'm sure u got a pair. I'm satisfied with mine. Sure your satisfied with yours. Phil Knight and MJ are both satisfied with our purchases. To think I didn't know why they called them Cavs shows ur arrogance. A better way of doing it would have been to ask if I knew why they were called the Cavs. You arrogantly assumed I don't know jack about basketball or the shoe game. A lot of egos on this board from cats who really need to just chill and enjoy the camradery.
Nope, no arrogance at all.

I'm amused on why you insist that they aren't the Cavs IV's and that they have to do something with Melo not wanting to wear them. More importantly, why you are ignoring JB's reasoning behind the name?

And to the underlined statement above: "Man I know what he did against the Cavs. Keep your sports history in your back pocket when it comes to me." 

Yeah, with that response, obviously you aren't trying to hear it. I have to explain stuff in LAYMAN terms with limited Cavs history. No arrogance intended.

You finally answered why they aren't the Cavs IV's and it cause "I call them what I want to call them."

That's all I wanted to know. 

I didn't think I was gonna hurt your feelings.

I hope you feel better. Hug it out my brotha.

just kopped a nice diamond tee to match with these. got an xtra pair for trade bait i cant sseem to sell. sold one pair for 300 but got 2 sitting so just gonna keep 1 and rock 1. hope everyone got their pairs that wanted them.

laugh.gif
 Slow down big guy. 

Spoiler [+]
You're trollin' right?
nerd.gif

I'm amused on why you insist that they aren't the Cavs IV's and that they have to do something with Melo not wanting to wear them. More importantly, why you are ignoring JB's reasoning behind the name?

And to the underlined statement above: "Man I know what he did against the Cavs. Keep your sports history in your back pocket when it comes to me." 

Yeah, with that response, obviously you aren't trying to hear it. I have to explain stuff in LAYMAN terms with limited Cavs history. No arrogance intended.

You finally answered why they aren't the Cavs IV's and it cause "I call them what I want to call them."

The fact you or anyone else on this board thinks they need to explain the history of the NBA or Jordan to me is the arrogance I'm talking about.
The shoes are Cavs colors, Knicks colors, Broncos colors, Mets colors, Boise State colors.
Just because NIKE says they are "Cavs" doesn't mean I have to agree.
And if I think they made the decision for whatever reason its what I choose to do.
Its the age old problem on Niketalk. Its a message board with members that lack reading comprehension.
I clearly stated, "to ME its because Melo didn't want them." No more, no less. A simple observation from a Jordan wearer.
Never said I was right and Nike was wrong. Just a brainstorm that I feel could be somewhat valid.
And here come the "Niketalk know it alls" quoting and using smiley faces trying to blast somebody.
All that had to be asked was, "bro you know why they call them Cavs right?" simple question that I could have simply answered.
The arrogance on this board is sickening.
Like they say, there's a reason the cats that built this community, no longer openly contribute to this community.

The fact you or anyone else on this board thinks they need to explain the history of the NBA or Jordan to me is the arrogance I'm talking about.
The shoes are Cavs colors, Knicks colors, Broncos colors, Mets colors, Boise State colors.
And if I think they made the decision for whatever reason its what I choose to do.
Its the age old problem on Niketalk. Its a message board with members that lack reading comprehension.
I clearly stated, "to ME its because Melo didn't want them." No more, no less. A simple observation from a Jordan wearer.
Never said I was right and Nike was wrong. Just a brainstorm that I feel could be somewhat valid.
And here come the "Niketalk know it alls" quoting and using smiley faces trying to blast somebody.
All that had to be asked was, "bro you know why they call them Cavs right?" simple question that I could have simply answered.
Like they say, there's a reason the cats that built this community, no longer openly contribute to this community.
This is a forum. You can state whatever you want. Sometimes I challenge people and how they think. Not everyone is gonna agree all the time. I definitely don't expect people to agree with me all the time. That's the point of a forum my man! Talk stuff out!

I wasn't trying to blast you. You are acting like you're a victim. I'm just disagreeing with your logic. I like to state history and other sources to my arguments and you are getting sensitive about that.

Yeah I used an 
laugh.gif
. Doesn't mean I'm arrogant. I definitely thought what you were saying was funny. I've never heard that before, or thought about it like that. You opened my eyes to a new perspective.

Like I said before, just hug it out my brotha.

Also I am super jealous of everyone who got their hands on this.
I hope the other sports history dedication this year is easier to cop. The Kilroy 9s. I can see myself as one of the few who like them, but then again I can also see myself as one of many. I wonder what the general consensus on that shoe was

I hope the other sports history dedication this year is easier to cop. The Kilroy 9s. I can see myself as one of the few who like them, but then again I can also see myself as one of many. I wonder what the general consensus on that shoe was
People will warm up to it again when it gets closer to release date

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Originally Posted by badboy074

Originally Posted by jaywalkinsince91

how could i ice these?(first time stocker) i wanna break em out next year but dont want them to yellow or anything(quality might be on point for rd but no telling the long term wear)

There's no clear sole or white that would make the shoe yellow so it should be good to keep them in your room, living room, etc. I know black red 11 didn't yellow through the seasons so i managed to keep them a long time before i un ds them about a year and a half so they still looked like i just got em even after that long of putting them on ice.
Bred XIs wouldn't yellow though....

Clear soles yellow...not red.

As for "icing" these...just keep em in your closet with either a DampRid hanger or silica gel packet in the box.

worst idea ever, silica will make the sole crumble, never store shoes with silica unless its for a yr or less maybe even longer but i wouldnt chance it. just store them in the box in your closet with silicia pack on the ground 

Exactly.
I say come Aug/Sept., people will will cop, maybe not multiple pairs, but just 1 for memories.

This is a forum. You can state whatever you want. Sometimes I challenge people and how they think. Not everyone is gonna agree all the time. I definitely don't expect people to agree with me all the time. That's the point of a forum my man! Talk stuff out!

I wasn't trying to blast you. You are acting like you're a victim. I'm just disagreeing with your logic. I like to state history and other sources to my arguments and you are getting sensitive about that.

Yeah I used an 
laugh.gif
. Doesn't mean I'm arrogant. I definitely thought what you were saying was funny. I've never heard that before, or thought about it like that. You opened my eyes to a new perspective.

Like I said before, just hug it out my brotha.
Bro I only hug my wife, kids, family, and a fresh pair of Js.
You jumped in on something someone else started. 
My replies arent directed solely at you. I'm replying to the first two people that tried to blast me, along with replying to you.

Been wearing Js for over 20yrs and watched MJ from college to the divorce. 

Definitely dont need a tutor or teacher when it comes to Jordan Brand or NIKE marketing.

lol. I wasnt putting you on blast. I was stating to dude that I know why it is called the Cavs and I was born after the shot. Because I am sure many people dont. I wasnt even talking to or about you.

Who is making the assumptions again?
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways, to the people who have worn their pairs:

Has cracking/paint chipping been prevalent on these IV's??

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Exactly.
I say come Aug/Sept., people will will cop, maybe not multiple pairs, but just 1 for memories.
As usual
30t6p3b.gif

But for now I am just waiting for my check so I can get a pair of Cavs. 

What sucks is I will get my check the week after the Military Blues come out and might have to pay extra for those, even though I promised myself I would not
frown.gif

Anyways, to the people who have worn their pairs:

Has cracking/paint chipping been prevalent on these IV's??

Only wore mine once and of course no cracks or chipping.  But the first thing I did when I took em off was check that midsole.   There's just small wrinkles from my weight and I assume in due time that's where the first cracks will start. 

these appear to be constructed pretty well. the midsole isnt stiff, seems to be a bit on the rubbery side. so hopefully it wont chip or crack

Back
Top Bottom