Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of waiting for the posts about shipping and cancelled orders to stop. So...For those that have these in hand already...How do you feel about the shape? I compared my CDP IV's, Mist Blues, Black Cats and these. I can say that they're all slightly different from one another but I'll say that the shape-construction(to make up a term) on these is best on the Mist Blue's followed by 2012's, Black Cats and then CDP's (Garbage). I think these 2012's are actually better as far as materials on the Mist Blue's which are notorious for the toe box having crease wrinkles that look like old cardboard. However, I don't have 99's and I can definitely see that these are NOT 99's but do you think the shape is pretty close?? That pic of all three suggest a clear difference but do the 2012's give you hope for the IV's to come?? (#Military's!?!?!)

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Tired of waiting for the posts about shipping and cancelled orders to stop. So...For those that have these in hand already...How do you feel about the shape? I compared my CDP IV's, Mist Blues, Black Cats and these. I can say that they're all slightly different from one another but I'll say that the shape-construction(to make up a term) on these is best on the Mist Blue's followed by 2012's, Black Cats and then CDP's (Garbage). I think these 2012's are actually better as far as materials on the Mist Blue's which are notorious for the toe box having crease wrinkles that look like old cardboard. However, I don't have 99's and I can definitely see that these are NOT 99's but do you think the shape is pretty close?? That pic of all three suggest a clear difference but do the 2012's give you hope for the IV's to come?? (#Military's!?!?!)

While I think this IV seems slightly improved over the 06's and CDP era releases, I wouldnt expect the rest of this years IV's to be any better than this cement IV.
If they could just round off the toe-box the banana toe would be completely fixed and we'd be back at a good shape. I just dont see that happening this year

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by dadbath

I think the '89/'99/'12 comparison pictures posted in this thread by So Much Sole 2 definitely squashed the notion that the shade of grey on the 2012 version is closer to the OG than the '99s. 
Let's face it: JB got the shade of grey right on the box and botched it on the shoe. 

Grey on the '12s>>>>>>99 n OG

sorry brah
I agree
pimp.gif
I wish they would have kept the nike logo with the air below on the 12s. I like it better than the jumpman personally but I'm sure it is a marketing issue since jordan brand is more defined and separated from nike than it was back in 99

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

Originally Posted by Sneak King

While I think this IV seems slightly improved over the 06's and CDP era releases, I wouldnt expect the rest of this years IV's to be any better than this cement IV.
If they could just round off the toe-box the banana toe would be completely fixed and we'd be back at a good shape. I just dont see that happening this year
Good Points. That thought actually crossed my mind. It's like the white Cement III's. They were best (IMO) and True Blues and Black Cements were rightfully positioned at #'s 2 and 3.

Originally Posted by supraman501

Originally Posted by BigPoint

Originally Posted by supraman501

anybody on the west coast get their orders shipped from ndc yet?

That would be a negative sir! Gonna try the ups reference search thing^^
I didn't understand how to do the reference search thing, if you figure it out can you PM me ? thanks
Im in cali and I got my order shipped from ndc. Now i can relax.

My story...
Like some of you, I struck out with NDC/Eastbay and my plan was to just wait out ebay and hopefully cop a pair around 225-240 range.

I'm sitting at home watching the Laker game and a tweet from NT Seattle pops up saying that a SZ 15 (my size) was returned. They don't do holds but will do phone order or first to pick up. They tweeted this at 7:40 pm. I don't see until 7:52 PM. I call anyway and they guy (mike) says they still have them. I say I know you guys hold them but since I live in the area could you please just hold them for me since there is no need to play shipping costs. He says I'll make a deal with you. We close in 5 min(8:00 pm), I'll hold them here until 8:15. I say cool I'm out the door!

I hop in my car punch the address in my GPS and it says I won't make it there until 8:20. Call them up again and tell them what my GPS says and he say cool. I'm jamming down the 5 to make it there and I pull up around 8:22. Get in, swipe my card and OF COURSE it tells him to call for authorization. I'm 
mad.gif
 because I just paid this card off. It had NO balance. He calls and they ask for me. Since I just moved up here to washington from cali, the fraud department thought something fishy was going on...
laugh.gif
. They clear the block, I run my card and this is my reward...

pimp.gif
 To mike and the whole staff and NT Seattle

Straight made my week! Now I need these lakers to get the Win!

Originally Posted by tupac003

My story...
Like some of you, I struck out with NDC/Eastbay and my plan was to just wait out ebay and hopefully cop a pair around 225-240 range.

I'm sitting at home watching the Laker game and a tweet from NT Seattle pops up saying that a SZ 15 (my size) was returned. They don't do holds but will do phone order or first to pick up. They tweeted this at 7:40 pm. I don't see until 7:52 PM. I call anyway and they guy (mike) says they still have them. I say I know you guys hold them but since I live in the area could you please just hold them for me since there is no need to play shipping costs. He says I'll make a deal with you. We close in 5 min(8:00 pm), I'll hold them here until 8:15. I say cool I'm out the door!

I hop in my car punch the address in my GPS and it says I won't make it there until 8:20. Call them up again and tell them what my GPS says and he say cool. I'm jamming down the 5 to make it there and I pull up around 8:22. Get in, swipe my card and OF COURSE it tells him to call for authorization. I'm 
mad.gif
 because I just paid this card off. It had NO balance. He calls and they ask for me. Since I just moved up here to washington from cali, the fraud department thought something fishy was going on...
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Not only did they hold em for you..but they stayed open later. Good stuff man..congrats on the pickup
pimp.gif

The size of the 13 and up boxes on these retros are gigantic. The size 13 literally dwarfs the sizes below it, the same with the x's as they have a cardboard divider inside the box....

I think the '89/'99/'12 comparison pictures posted in this thread by So Much Sole 2 definitely squashed the notion that the shade of grey on the 2012 version is closer to the OG than the '99s. 
Let's face it: JB got the shade of grey right on the box and botched it on the shoe. 

sorry brah
I agree
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my pair shipped today. wasnt even sure i was going to get these at first, but so glad i did. saw someone with them on today and they are sexy

My story...

mad.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

These are the stories that make you love this culture.. Dude coulda easily said no to holding it... Maybe there's still hope for this hype filled industry ..

My story...

mad.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Nice story man!  Enjoy those.

Originally Posted by jasroberts21

My story...

mad.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

These are the stories that make you love this culture.. Dude coulda easily said no to holding it... Maybe there's still hope for this hype filled industry ..

^ Real talk. After this release, I was on the verge of giving up on the sneaker community because everyone and their mother's are resellers nowadays, but stories like this makes me remember that there are good people in this community. I'm happy for you NT Fam! But I'm still bitter I don't have a pair 
grin.gif

My story...

mad.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

That's dope man! You got two "W's" in one night! You should get cool with that Mike dude for the future

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

This was a relatively easy cop for me this morning after the debacle on NDC last night, wasn't even planning on getting them, but while I was in line for the Cloaks in HOH Miami, I thought I'm here might as well go ahead and get the IVs too.
It was the opposite for me. There for the IV's, but copped the Cloaks for the hell of it. I'm glad I did.

sorry brah
I agree
pimp.gif
If you prefer the darker shade of grey on the '12s, that's a matter of opinion and naturally you're entitled to your opinion. My point was simply that the pictures posted earlier in this thread are the best comparison of the three versions I've seen (in the same lighting conditions) and that they show that the '99s came closer to the OGs than the '12s. 
I still think the '12s are well worth purchasing and I'm glad I have my pairs, but in my opinion a lighter shade of grey closer to the OGs would have been preferable. 

Yes, the pairs in recent pictures may have faded, but vintage pictures of the OGs also show a lighter shade of grey:

PS. How badass is Phil Knight's track suit?

I really like the shape of these compared to the more rounded OG, and 99 toebox. The toebox on the '12s, take on a more solid iii like look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom