Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ct3boii

Still waiting for resale prices to drop. Most I wanna drop on these is like $215.

Ebay prices are still going strong though. Every single auction I've bid on ended at around $250.
sick.gif
Prices aren't going to drop.The longer you wait the more expensive they'll get honestly.Like the concords you might find some that slip threw the cracks,but most will stay around 235-250+ mark.

Originally Posted by silentmurda336

Originally Posted by kjlee85

LOL 63...for 1 PAIR OF SHOES?

Guessing we cant refuse delivery? LOL

Isn't there an appeal process?
Have to pay it. USPS = Federal Government. No way to get around it, if I just refuse to pay, I'm sure they'll put it on my credit report, tack on more fees, or put a lien against me.

Is that even possible though? I mean, it's not like your SS # is associated with the purchase.

Originally Posted by ct3boii

Still waiting for resale prices to drop. Most I wanna drop on these is like $215.

Ebay prices are still going strong though. Every single auction I've bid on ended at around $250.
sick.gif
Your problem is you're trying eBay. Those fees are what keeps the prices like that. I looked locally through Facebook shoe groups and Craigslist and found my size 11 for 200 even.

you guys shouldn't have to pay duties & taxes - the company you bought the item from should pay
before they send the item, they have to check off if they are gonna pay the fees, or if the recipient will
& where the item was manufactured

if fed ex or another carrier acts as the broker - they should pay the duty
these european sneaker companies are shady yo

right after or before you buy - send them an e-mail telling them you will not be responsible for the duty
they should be able to accomodate through a few changes in the customs paperwork

Aren't custom fees only supposed to be like 15% of item value or something? how did they come up with 63 lol

I'm confused as well.

For my concords I paid $28.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

you guys shouldn't have to pay duties & taxes - the company you bought the item from should pay
before they send the item, they have to check off if they are gonna pay the fees, or if the recipient will
& where the item was manufactured

if fed ex or another carrier acts as the broker - they should pay the duty
these european sneaker companies are shady yo

right after or before you buy - send them an e-mail telling them you will not be responsible for the duty
they should be able to accomodate through a few changes in the customs paperwork

exactly especially if they are under $200 im gonna be mighty pissed if i get a customs bill for a $173 purchase

Does anyone have a pair with discoloration on the mesh by the toe box? I noticed that my DS pair had a "dark spot" on the mesh but its very faint. It's too faint to be dirt or dye and I'm wondering if anyone else ran into this issue. I will have to post pics later when I get back.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Aren't custom fees only supposed to be like 15% of item value or something? how did they come up with 63 lol

I'm confused as well.

For my concords I paid $28.
I'm guessing Snipes or whoever sold it wrote the incorrect value down...which is terrible.

my gf said my CT order arrived..she said they(UPS) stuck it between the door & left it
laugh.gif
hopefully theres no customs bill she said nothing was stuck on the box
pimp.gif
3 down one to go still waiting on SNS
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ironman78

This may have been mentioned already but.. anyone got a pair from mentalkicks.com?

I will stay away from mentalkicks bud. If you want a peace of mind go to natterjacks, niketalk, and ebay. You will get a legit pair from those places. My natterjacks order came in and I was happy, but they don't double box and the box was a little beat up. 

Originally Posted by caritas75

Originally Posted by ironman78

This may have been mentioned already but.. anyone got a pair from mentalkicks.com?

I will stay away from mentalkicks bud. If you want a peace of mind go to natterjacks, niketalk, and ebay. You will get a legit pair from those places. My natterjacks order came in and I was happy, but they don't double box and the box was a little beat up. 
Thank you! 

Originally Posted by keithledger

ColdCity did you use the Sneaker Saver option from CT? 

yeah i used the sneakersaver....i ordered on the 18th & the gf says it feels like a box in a box so at least they double boxed..... no tracking number, bad communication & a lil over 2 weeks wait aint that bad i guess....but if this was my 1st pair id prbly be bald by now from pulling out my hair
laugh.gif

Received my pair from Snipes yesterday, came perfect, and no customs. I've purchased a lot from European sites and have never got billed for customs. Maybe I've been lucky. Did I just jinx myself?

Originally Posted by ColdCity

yeah i used the sneakersaver....i ordered on the 18th & the gf says it feels like a box in a box so at least they double boxed..... no tracking number, bad communication & a lil over 2 weeks wait aint that bad i guess....but if this was my 1st pair id prbly be bald by now from pulling out my hair
laugh.gif

What day did your order ship?

laugh.gif
I ordered the same day. I live in Ohio, figured mine would be here by now. A UPS truck stopped right in front of my house across the street today, but of course they delivered to the house they stopped in front of. Son of a 
mad.gif

laugh.gif
I ordered the same day. I live in Ohio, figured mine would be here by now. A UPS truck stopped right in front of my house across the street today, but of course they delivered to the house they stopped in front of. Son of a 
mad.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ballerchild

laugh.gif

2-24...so about a weeks wait after i ordered & a week to get here

laugh.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ballerchild

laugh.gif

2-24...so about a weeks wait after i ordered & a week to get here

Mine shipped the same day. My mailman came with my pair 5 minutes after I posted that question lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom