Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cencal559

Don't know if this is real or not but check out what someone tweeted
https://twitter.com/#!/Iantunes113/status/170941332947345410/photo/1
oh $%^&*(i wonder is this 4 real or does jb really have the cg iv in thier pocket for later this yr....remember this happened to a few people when the power ix's dropped & some people got citrus ix's)
Al9OPJQCIAAtmQH.jpg

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Damn, is there anywhere in the NYC that still has a 8.5-10?

I need another pair to stock
arent you selling two pairs in the buy/sell section tho? keep em!

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Man its just crazy..
As recent as 08/09.. 

I was regularly paying $175 for DS Tour yellows and CDP 4s etc..

But 10min after the shoe releases.. Resellers want $300? Irks me soo bad.

I've been doing this too long to cave into these scrubs.

You don't have to, they'll sell them to n00bs. And you'll still find a decent priced pair on NT. the higher prices these days doesn't help anything either when it comes to the secondary market.

I think the people that sell em for decent prices are the ones that sell them because they copped for themselves and were just unhappy with them. Whether it's quality, fit, impulse buy, etc. For example, I got a pair of Concord 2011's even tho I had a fresh pair of DMPs. Got them and was unhappy with the quality so I sold them a few weeks later for $270 DS. I could have easily put them on NT for $300+ but I didn't see the point. Only reason I sold for $270 is because I had to put in a lot of time and work to find them. If it was an easy cop online, I'd sell them for retail in a heartbeat

That's very arbitrary. I put 3 hrs into copping from NDC last night, but some would argue I am gouging if I resell those for $250 (same difference as Concords). I ended up with two pairs to sell or trade, and I will. I just have to figure out what for. So while I agree there are people who aren't heads who don't wear Jordans and try to sell 10+ pairs, the resellers on here are mainly sneaker enthusiasts who base their price on market rates or their own presumed value (as you state).

6898409363_fbb488d726_z.jpg

Pre ordering ftw, didn't have to deal with online connection or line ups. At first I didn't like them on feet but I loosened them up and I'm probably gonna keep em.

the resellers and hypebeast were out in full force out here in cali, i went to galleria mall out here round 8am and was a ling next to ftl and by time i got to the door sz12 sold out and the other stores and malls over here also had sold out....good thing my ndc order went tru just b4 they restarted the site
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
got confirmation email and number and they already took money out cc but still says "processing" hopefully come monday-tuesday my order ships.... gonna try and hunt dwn a 2nd pair next week

Went to the local mall.. that i've never been to before..
But scoped out last night to see roughly how many pairs there were total in each store, just to get a rough estimate..
My cousin who was with me waited in line for the last few releases, said that there's usually barely any people out for the releases just a handful or so.
Arrived at the mall at 5:00. 
Looked like we were one for the first ones.. 
Doors didn't open till 7:00 and we couldn't be on the premises until 7:00. 
Around 6:30 we decided to go to Starbucks to get some 'coffee' which was right next to the door.. 
Saw a few heads with the same mentality at Starbucks.. 
By 6:40 we just see a crowd of people trying to inch closer and closer to the door. 
So we booked it to the door. ( Keep in mind there's plenty of doors for the Food Court Entrance )
By the time 6:50 hit there looked to be around 30 or so heads.
We were 6-7th in line towards the door. 
As 6:55 we notice the mall officer walking towards the doors. 
But behind him were some kids running that got inside through the employee entrances. 
indifferent.gif

The mall officer then decides to open up the closest door from him which was on the complete other side of the entrance we were in.. smh 
sick.gif

So there's a mad dash to be in front of the line for the door that he was about to open. 
Many people were pushing and shoving just to get across from the entrance door. 
Got my arm stuck right as soon as I got through the door
laugh.gif
 ( Keep in mind that i'm not a big dude, I weigh 125.. ) 
Then there was another mad dash across the mall. 
We had 4 Stores to choose from all opening at different times. 
Sheiks, Champs, Footlocker & Finishline. 
We had our eyes on Champs since they said the previous night that they had 2 pairs of each size.. 
Footlocker only had 8-10 pairs, Finishline wouldn't say and Sheiks was out of the question.. 
laugh.gif

By the time we got to Champs there were 10 people ahead of us.. All were a Sz. 10+
So we were good. 
Met some cool peeps.. We just waited until 9:00 for the release..
At 8:30 a sales associate came out and said that they didn't have any 10-10.5's and that something was wrong with the shipments.. 
mad.gif

Unfortunately for us, the people up front scooped up the only Sz. 8 & 8.5.. 
My cousin and I were out of luck.. 
As soon as two other people went in to purchase the shoes, some associates came out and announced that there were only Sz. 14's & 15's left. 
Nothing else.. 
indifferent.gif

We decided to go around to Footlocker & Finishline and there were 30+ people for 10 pairs or so.. 
As we were walking back to the exit.. We stopped by Sheiks and all the remaining sales associates were trying to sell their pairs for $350.
 C'mon Son..

It's either they're giving false answers or take care of the associates first.. smh.. 
Grimey..
eyes.gif

Well Damn,
No luck getting my Sz. 8 & 8.5.. 
tired.gif

For all the new York heads if you guys just do some research you would find niketown was the easiest to cop. Niketown did a wrist band and it went very smoothly. Everyone from what I know left satisfy and the non wrist band people, heard when they got up to them only sizes 10.5 and up and that's all what ppl was mostly asking. My manager told me we had over 500 pairs I was satisfy with my wrist band number (24). I stood in line to maike it fair to other people.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by Zyzz

someone let me know when prices on these drop, wanted to buy 2 pairs but will have to settle for 1 but im not paying anywhere near $250
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Half the time I don't even know if you're serious.

If you truly live in an area where you can't cop in person then that's tough, but you should do your homework on every legit site out there with the times that they start selling.

Be prepared for restocks.

If I see a size 11 I'll PM you some info because you're making me think you're on the verge of having someone kick the chair out from under you or somethin...
He want someone to notify him when the prices drop.  I'm sure he puts more effort in to posting than actually trying to lock down a pair. Not sure why anyone pays him any attention.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Some of you never learn and definitely don't listen.
30t6p3b.gif

only reason your pre release comments have any weight now post release........
-TAX TIME 

-TAX TIME

-RESELLERS LIKE YOUR SELF GRABBING AS MANY AS POSSIBLE(LIKE THAT PIC I QUOTED EARLIER TODAY
30t6p3b.gif
)

-TWITTER

_NDC ONLINE FIASCO 

Resell prices aren't really that high though...

Once everyone gets their pairs in from NDC and BeastBay and the market becomes flooded prices will drop dramatically watch.

Add to that the beast that will be the Galaxy Foams which will carry the highest resale price of any shoe ever before... these White/Cements will be old news.

Everyone just hold tight and wait for prices to level out and then bite.

If you guys give into the reseller prices it will only encourage them to do it more and more, but if they see they will make very little to no profit at all it will deter them from future releases.

The Internet is going to probably shut down next weekend once those Foams drop.

Seeing pics of heads camping and lined up already... straight disgusting wow... but to each their own... do you!

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by cencal559

Don't know if this is real or not but check out what someone tweeted
oh $%^&*(i wonder is this 4 real or does jb really have the cg iv in thier pocket for later this yr....remember this happened to a few people when the power ix's dropped & some people got citrus ix's)
Al9OPJQCIAAtmQH.jpg
laugh.gif
  While anythings possible, I highly doubt it.  

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

The new generation isn't any different than the previous. Personally, i wanted all of the 99'-05' retros on the strength of seeing my brother with all the OG's in the 90's.

Nostalgia can be for many reasons, I watched jordan play and all that, but my brother made me a fan more than MJ ever could.
Keep telling yourself that...
You might be in the minority, but most out there are buying to resell, plain and simple.

People don't even wear their shoes nowadays 
laugh.gif

...and yes these will drop in price eventually.  Always does, like clockwork.

Originally Posted by chiva1908

Originally Posted by dimez81

I dont understand how these shoes keep selling out like this...claiming we are in a bad economy.....

now to secure a second pair i may have to pay over 250 -300...I really just want them for a sole swap for when my 99 go but i may have to just have to go another route....

thats why I rather by earlier retro and og....compared to the hassle these days....

I'm glad i am almost done collect.

one word: TAXES

Man I haven't done my taxes since 2010.  Its just hard earned money for me.   I'm using my taxes for a trip this summer.  I look at it as a savings account.  I think I'll include in this years return.
laugh.gif

That guy has to be trollin
but if things happen and a pair of CG IVs are in my box instead of Cements
Then hey. . .

for all of you saying prices are gonna drop:
look at the black cement 3s, those have not dropped that much
and these are much more desirable. lets just hope there is a restock

Originally Posted by dts939

for all of you saying prices are gonna drop:
look at the black cement 3s, those have not dropped that much
and these are much more desirable. lets just hope there is a restock
I beg to differ. You'll be surprised out how many people have been waiting for these shoes. Especially now that it's so hard to find a wearable pair of the 99s in good condition, this is the next best option. And the quality is on point imo with this one. Stiff leather, no defects or glue stains on my pairs. good shape.

Man I miss the days when you didn't have to wait in line or wait for a countdown clock to order shoes...

Back in 99, walked into footlocker after work, picked up my pair of the bred 4's and the same with the cements...

Or the days when you can pre-order from Eastbay....

I'm old for this but its hard to break when you love sneakers so much...

Is there a sneakerhead anonymous number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom