Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Stork

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i saw dudes on craigslist wanting over $300

thats too much
i just got off the phone with a guy who had some on CL for $325 in my size, i offered $215 pickup, and he said he saw them selling for $300 online so he won't go below that, i said thanks and hung up
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif
. looks like a lot of us will just have to wait for prices to come down a bit.

i picked up my pair before release date for $220.

i went on CL to see if there are any on there for a reasonable price to help u guys out.

my brother went out shopping with his girl so i told him to let me know if he sees any in stores to let me know how much and i'll post it here

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Something about these doesn't look right to me 
ohwell.gif
 Tried em on and they didn't look right for some reason. Still gonna keep em though. I just wish they would have made them look exactly like the 99's.

That tech gray color is throwing it off. Wish it was lighter

I very much agree with d e beatup's last statement...I wanted them, was seventh in line at footlocker and was unable to get my size. Met a few cool people and saw a lot more act stupid. I had fun and will be laughing to myself for a while thinking about all of the shameful things I saw people do this morning about a pair of sneakers. Give thanks and praises...it's all good...

Originally Posted by Rando06

Got my pair at Footlocker at the Galleria in Houston. They had so many pairs might still have some leftover

I can't even imagine leftovers. One Footlocker in San Diego had about 12 pairs, same with Sheikh... but 20+ at Attic and Blends.
It's crazy, all the talk and complaints about "tech grey"I thought there'd be a chance these wouldn't be so hard to get here.

I'm convinced, the Concords alerted people on how much money they can gain from reselling Jordans, and now there are even a lot more resellers in line than before. One kid was saying people were going almost as crazy for the royal 10s. 

The game has changed for the worst.
30t6p3b.gif
Last night was definitely the worst NDC experience I've ever had

Originally Posted by xdc2b18c1x

is it lowballing if i offer people retail plus shipping? no right? 
wink.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
Hell no, serves these bastards right, they do hit you with the "lowball"...
You just have to hit them with the "It's not my fault flipping isn't working out for you, these aren't the 99's, you bought them this morning".

Then they hit back an hour or two later with the "lets make a deal" text 
laugh.gif

Got a couple of deals pending with kicks I was going to post in B/S anyway.  Straight up. 

Don't let resellers %**@ you, they are delusional.  CL is the spot right now.

wink.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

exactly what i would do 
open all cl listings in your size
type your offer & copy it 

& repeat for the rest...

someone will bite

I don't think the reason shoes are more hyped and difficult to get now is because of the "hypebeasts and resellers." It's the internet. In the 90s, the only way you could flip a pair of kicks is by selling them to people you knew or by your friends telling their friends. Now, you can post your shoes on Niketalk, ISS, eBay, Craigslist, and any other sneaker forum you can find. That wasn't an option back in the day.

Not to mention, inflation raised the prices of clothes n other things. In the 90s, a lot of people were hesitant to drop $150 on some sneakers, so they passed or waited for a sale. In 2012, Air Max, Nike retros, LeBrons, Kobes, etc are all in the $150+ range so it makes it more acceptable to drop so much on a pair of sneakers.

Went out to Springfield mall at 3 am was number one two in line and was able to get my first pair from footlocker which opened early they only had 12 pairs walked down to finishline and got my 2nd pair looks like people in my area forget to set the alarm. I heard hoh kop and other spots were mobbed though

I wonder how crazy it was online on NDC and eastbay, I was out partying last night and didn't get to see the madness but still was able to get my 3 pairs this morning

Originally Posted by Swagadelphia

Went out to Springfield mall at 3 am was number one two in line and was able to get my first pair from footlocker which opened early they only had 12 pairs walked down to finishline and got my 2nd pair looks like people in my area forget to set the alarm. I heard hoh kop and other spots were mobbed though

Waited 7 hours at Christina mall for security to open the wrong door and let in the dummies and everyone run to the store after we already had an organized line. We were standing
behind a locked door like !#%??? Why would he open this door last
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I don't think the reason shoes are more hyped and difficult to get now is because of the "hypebeasts and resellers." It's the internet. In the 90s, the only way you could flip a pair of kicks is by selling them to people you knew or by your friends telling their friends. Now, you can post your shoes on Niketalk, ISS, eBay, Craigslist, and any other sneaker forum you can find. That wasn't an option back in the day.

Not to mention, inflation raised the prices of clothes n other things. In the 90s, a lot of people were hesitant to drop $150 on some sneakers, so they passed or waited for a sale. In 2012, Air Max, Nike retros, LeBrons, Kobes, etc are all in the $150+ range so it makes it more acceptable to drop so much on a pair of sneakers.

nailed it right on the head.

Spoiler [+]
for a knick fan

so FNL charged my card 6 times….so i called them to see wussup and they took care of 4 of the 6 charges. Guess I just ended up with 2 pairs of cement IV's. Also I only got one e-mail confirmation from the order I placed at about 2pm EST. I made an order last night/early this morning at about 4am EST and never got an e-mail and my card wasnt charged at that time, but it did say that they received my order. Really strange but hey I'm not a reseller by any means but i am not going to return the 2nd pair it's getting sold. Guess it turned out being an easy and lucky cop

wink.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

if it was me trying to cop after release for these i am only offering $210 maybe $200, but I would sell for more. Not much more though.

Got to the mall at 6:00. The security guards had two lines for tickets. One for finish line and one for footlocker because they opened at 8:00. I got in the finish line and was 9th in line and they already sold out in my size. Then footlocker sold out. So I got in the champs line which didn't open til 10:00. Got the last 10.5 from champs. I'm so happy security was tougher this year. It wasn't too much cutting.

Was able to get a pair at the mall this morning after striking out on NDC and Eastbay...Can't believe its taking this much work to get any release. Good luck to all yall that missed out, hoping for some restocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom