Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by btdpu

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by philaflava1

those who come in here and talk about coping with ease, does it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside once you hit quick reply? what are you insecure and 12? i got my pair after having troubles last night but i wouldn't gloat, nor would i come in here and rub it in others faces when we all know nothing about this release was EASY.
if you woke up on a saturday morning before 9AM, that wasn't easy.

if you refreshed the check out on FNL, eastbay or any other site more than 2 times last night, it wasn't easy.
if you waited patiently for Nike to fail us with their Twitter updates, it wasn't easy.

if you had to wait in line for more than 30 minutes, it wasn't easy.

NOTHING was really easy because if it was, we'd all have pairs. that isn't the case.

stop bragging about nonsense.

This was well said

I noticed that last night. It would be a whole page of people complaining and having problems. Then you would see one post saying how easy a cop it was. No tact. Look at the board before you post that.

Some people up here have crazy definitions of what's an easy cop. Being in line in the cold on the weekend when you could be sleep in bed, is far from an easy cop.
Well said?  If you were able to order online, then it was easy, no matter if it took 30 seconds or 3 1/2 hours.  Refreshing a website isn't easy? REALLY???  I don't want to know what you think is difficult then...
Sitting on your butt for 12 hours or 3 days is pretty dang easy.  YOU DONT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!  Good lord people.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You think having to sit in front of a computer refreshing and clicking for hours, while being frustrated and praying and crossing your fingers is easy
roll.gif

This new generation
laugh.gif

Do you know how many JB releases I got online within five minutes last year, no board slowness, crashing or selling out in under 20 minutes?
Do you know what it's like to wake up after a store is open, and stroll in and not have to worry about them not having your size?

NDC won't try to smooth things out, some of you will gladly except it and then say it was easy.

btdpu wrote:

Well said?  If you were able to order online, then it was easy, no matter if it took 30 seconds or 3 1/2 hours.  Refreshing a website isn't easy? REALLY???  I don't want to know what you think is difficult then...
Sitting on your butt for 12 hours or 3 days is pretty dang easy.  YOU DONT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!  Good lord people.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Do you have any idea what we're talking about here?
A cop is easy or not based on how likely you are to get what your looking for

Nobody is arguing that sitting in a chair is physically strenuous, thats just stupid

This was a difficult cop because thousands of people missed out on an opportunity to purchase what they wanted

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by smzsmz

I edited this last night during the mayhem and passed out before i could upload it.� enjoy.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LMFAo that was actually really funny. I'm sure many people here can relate.

The thing I don't understand about NT is why everyone is so concerned about how others get their pairs of J's. Does it matter how they got them and if it was an easy cop or not? They're sneakers and are bought to worn, who cares how other people get them....

hahaha relax its not that serious just wish i could find that pair in the store, NT has taken a turn for the worse see

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I don't think the reason shoes are more hyped and difficult to get now is because of the "hypebeasts and resellers." It's the internet. In the 90s, the only way you could flip a pair of kicks is by selling them to people you knew or by your friends telling their friends. Now, you can post your shoes on Niketalk, ISS, eBay, Craigslist, and any other sneaker forum you can find. That wasn't an option back in the day.

Not to mention, inflation raised the prices of clothes n other things. In the 90s, a lot of people were hesitant to drop $150 on some sneakers, so they passed or waited for a sale. In 2012, Air Max, Nike retros, LeBrons, Kobes, etc are all in the $150+ range so it makes it more acceptable to drop so much on a pair of sneakers.
Internet was around at the turn of the century and it wasn't this bad champ, good job trying to justify what people do now.
Even back then they were widely available.  GR's stores could get multiple orders, none of this created limited availability.

All retro's from the start until about 2005 were an easy buy, walk in and walk out with no hassle.  Then it died out a bit completely and came back with a fervor after the Space Jams dropped a couple of years ago.

It's not inflation though boss.  IV's were $100 back then, and that was with marketing and development in the books.  Now, they are $160 with cheaper materials, no R&D, and no ads.  Think about it.  It's bad that Nike/JB has priced these too high, forces the secondary market to sell them high as well in order to turn a very minimal profit.

It's still not acceptable to drop $150+ on a pair of sneakers.  Maybe in this community, but outside of it, people will not understand.  Good try though, A for Effort, D for execution.

Market manipulation, JB is creating supply and demand.
I'm sure I'll get flamed by some of the noobs after this for saying what I feel.

Got to agree with Iron Man though. It's not the internet, these problems nowadays are more about people and how they conduct themselves, along with JB manipulating and exploiting consumers. Things have never been this bad except for when XI's would periodically release. I've seen hundreds of releases in one way or another since I started regularly buying J's (meaning more than once a year) around 1996 or so. But the ever increasing hoarding and greed that I see in our "hobby" continues to surprise and disappoint me. The most disgusted I've ever been with a release, or with this "hobby", was probably last night, despite the fact that I did eventually get an order through.

June 1, 1999 I happened upon a small local mom and pop that was selling the white/cement IV's a day early and established a connection that I still have to this day. Got the IV's for $99.99 plus tax. No lines, no riots, no trouble.

June 2, 1999 I waited outside a local Footaction on release day about half an hour before they opened, with about 2 or 3 other people. Got a second pair for $99.99 plus tax. No lines, no riots, no trouble, and 2 were enough for me.

How much things change. Nearly 13 years later on February 17-February 18, 2012 starting at 9PM Pacific Time I tried nearly in vain for 4 hours to call various places and order off of various websites. As the single parent of a 14 month old toddler now, I refuse to actually take her out in the hysteria that accompanies many recent Jordan releases. I barely got an order through on FNL. So far it's looking legit as I got a confirmation and they charged my debit card. More than anything I found that Eastbay's phone and online systems have become a total joke, along with Nike's and Finish Line's websites, for which I feel there are no excuses. Each entity makes MILLIONS off of a SINGLE release, I think they can afford infrastructure improvements.

But infrastructure is only a piece of the problem. A bigger piece? People. Resellers are part of it. So are beasts who hoard and buy up everything they can get like there's no tomorrow. Or cats salty because they couldn't get their own size so they buy all the bigger ones to flip. How many of all of the above have you seen bragging in this thread alone? People acting like Dependable Jay, buying 4, 6, 8 pairs that they'll never actually use. If it's something I personally learned from my time in this "hobby" the past decade, it's that people don't need to hoard 20 pairs of a single colorway when there's a bunch more folks out there who never even got 1. You get hit by a bus tomorrow, it's not like you're taking them with you. I used to collect because it was fun and not nearly impossible to do. Not so much anymore.

Don't think JB and even MJ himself don't realize and exploit this. Many of us repeatedly go through all the headache, caused by insufficient infrastructure and peoples' greed, to cop releases, and for what? The "privilege" of paying for a more cheaply made pair of kicks that have been marked up 60% in a decade. Since when has inflation in America accounted for a 60% raise in the price of ANY consumer product in the course of 13 years? Besides maybe gasoline? I think JB's business practices are shady at best, and many times shameful. It manipulates supply and demand masterfully, and succeeds despite not actually "caring" about whether its consumers are satisfied in the end. It knows regardless of what it puts out that many of us will be back like crack fiends. It especially exploits the idea that its products are luxury items in lower income urban communities and thrives off of that. I swear, JB has got to be one of the very few corporations that have strengthened during the recession, it's unbelievable. I used to respect and look up to MJ as an athlete, but in recent years I see him for the person he really is-a petty, greedy egomaniac above all else. I kind of laugh a little inside when I think how his "brand" has signed so many eventually faded athletes who were once pegged as the "next Jordans" in their sport. Look at how that also translates to how he runs the Bobcats and what a great record they've had since he took over, LOL. I smile because I know it's got to be eating him alive that he can't seem to put together a winner on the court.

So why exactly is it I still buy J's at all if I'm so dissatisfied with him and his brand? It used to be a lot about what MJ did in them. Now it's more about what I did in them. When I first had many of my OG's as well as earlier Retros like the '99 black/cement IV's, white/cement IV's, '00 black/silver V's, etc. it was a much simpler time in my life with lots of fond memories from those times. I won't fund a reseller's habit, so if I don't get stuff at or below retail I don't get it. If I miss out, like with the Concords, it's not like the sun won't come up tomorrow or anything. And I know I'm not saying anything new, so take this all however you want. I know you noobs will just say I sound like a grumpy old man. Whatever.

It just sucks when people miss out on getting 1 or 2 pairs of a shoe they really want because of so many other greedy hoarding bastards.

Maaaan, there were 90 something pages yesterday and baaaaaam, triple that the day after looool a whole lotta talkin goin on. lol

Originally Posted by btdpu

Originally Posted by philaflava1

those who come in here and talk about coping with ease, does it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside once you hit quick reply? what are you insecure and 12? i got my pair after having troubles last night but i wouldn't gloat, nor would i come in here and rub it in others faces when we all know nothing about this release was EASY.
if you woke up on a saturday morning before 9AM, that wasn't easy.
if you refreshed the check out on FNL, eastbay or any other site more than 2 times last night, it wasn't easy.
if you waited patiently for Nike to fail us with their Twitter updates, it wasn't easy.
if you had to wait in line for more than 30 minutes, it wasn't easy.
NOTHING was really easy because if it was, we'd all have pairs. that isn't the case.
stop bragging about nonsense.

This was well said

I noticed that last night. It would be a whole page of people complaining and having problems. Then you would see one post saying how easy a cop it was. No tact. Look at the board before you post that.

Some people up here have crazy definitions of what's an easy cop. Being in line in the cold on the weekend when you could be sleep in bed, is far from an easy cop.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I called nike at 11:30 and was on hold till 12:20. I place my order only to find out sz 7.5 (my size) was sold out. AND I GOT THROUGH AT 12:20!!! Had to get an 8. I got the shoes only 20 mins after they released, and i can still tell you that this wasn't an easy cop.

Originally Posted by Kstrick12

Originally Posted by NC23

When does NDC usually ship out their orders?

normally Monday
Keep in mind Monday is a Holiday..Pres Day
Guess they will be shipping out Monday.

UPS 2012 Holiday Schedule

In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed: President's Day - February 20, 2012

Link: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/imp_exp/operation.html

This thread grew 75 pages in a day. Wow. I got mine the old fashioned way and it wasn't easy. Stayed out since 8pm the previous night and also snagged some Kobe cloaks.

Originally Posted by PainBL

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I don't think the reason shoes are more hyped and difficult to get now is because of the "hypebeasts and resellers." It's the internet. In the 90s, the only way you could flip a pair of kicks is by selling them to people you knew or by your friends telling their friends. Now, you can post your shoes on Niketalk, ISS, eBay, Craigslist, and any other sneaker forum you can find. That wasn't an option back in the day.

Not to mention, inflation raised the prices of clothes n other things. In the 90s, a lot of people were hesitant to drop $150 on some sneakers, so they passed or waited for a sale. In 2012, Air Max, Nike retros, LeBrons, Kobes, etc are all in the $150+ range so it makes it more acceptable to drop so much on a pair of sneakers.
Internet was around at the turn of the century and it wasn't this bad champ, good job trying to justify what people do now.
Even back then they were widely available.  GR's stores could get multiple orders, none of this created limited availability.

All retro's from the start until about 2005 were an easy buy, walk in and walk out with no hassle.  Then it died out a bit completely and came back with a fervor after the Space Jams dropped a couple of years ago.

It's not inflation though boss.  IV's were $100 back then, and that was with marketing and development in the books.  Now, they are $160 with cheaper materials, no R&D, and no ads.  Think about it.  It's bad that Nike/JB has priced these too high, forces the secondary market to sell them high as well in order to turn a very minimal profit.

It's still not acceptable to drop $150+ on a pair of sneakers.  Maybe in this community, but outside of it, people will not understand.  Good try though, A for Effort, D for execution.

Market manipulation, JB is creating supply and demand.
I'm sure I'll get flamed by some of the noobs after this for saying what I feel.

Got to agree with Iron Man though. It's not the internet, these problems nowadays are more about people and how they conduct themselves, along with JB manipulating and exploiting consumers. Things have never been this bad except for when XI's would periodically release. I've seen hundreds of releases in one way or another since I started regularly buying J's (meaning more than once a year) around 1996 or so. But the ever increasing hoarding and greed that I see in our "hobby" continues to surprise and disappoint me. The most disgusted I've ever been with a release, or with this "hobby", was probably last night, despite the fact that I did eventually get an order through.

June 1, 1999 I happened upon a small local mom and pop that was selling the white/cement IV's a day early and established a connection that I still have to this day. Got the IV's for $99.99 plus tax. No lines, no riots, no trouble.

June 2, 1999 I waited outside a local Footaction on release day about half an hour before they opened, with about 2 or 3 other people. Got a second pair for $99.99 plus tax. No lines, no riots, no trouble, and 2 were enough for me.

How much things change. Nearly 13 years later on February 17-February 18, 2012 starting at 9PM Pacific Time I tried nearly in vain for 4 hours to call various places and order off of various websites. As the single parent of a 14 month old toddler now, I refuse to actually take her out in the hysteria that accompanies many recent Jordan releases. I barely got an order through on FNL. So far it's looking legit as I got a confirmation and they charged my debit card. More than anything I found that Eastbay's phone and online systems have become a total joke, along with Nike's and Finish Line's websites, for which I feel there are no excuses. Each entity makes MILLIONS off of a SINGLE release, I think they can afford infrastructure improvements.

But infrastructure is only a piece of the problem. A bigger piece? People. Resellers are part of it. So are beasts who hoard and buy up everything they can get like there's no tomorrow. Or cats salty because they couldn't get their own size so they buy all the bigger ones to flip. How many of all of the above have you seen bragging in this thread alone? People acting like Dependable Jay, buying 4, 6, 8 pairs that they'll never actually use. If it's something I personally learned from my time in this "hobby" the past decade, it's that people don't need to hoard 20 pairs of a single colorway when there's a bunch more folks out there who never even got 1. You get hit by a bus tomorrow, it's not like you're taking them with you. I used to collect because it was fun and not nearly impossible to do. Not so much anymore.

Don't think JB and even MJ himself don't realize and exploit this. Many of us repeatedly go through all the headache, caused by insufficient infrastructure and peoples' greed, to cop releases, and for what? The "privilege" of paying for a more cheaply made pair of kicks that have been marked up 60% in a decade. Since when has inflation in America accounted for a 60% raise in the price of ANY consumer product in the course of 13 years? Besides maybe gasoline? I think JB's business practices are shady at best, and many times shameful. It manipulates supply and demand masterfully, and succeeds despite not actually "caring" about whether its consumers are satisfied in the end. It knows regardless of what it puts out that many of us will be back like crack fiends. It especially exploits the idea that its products are luxury items in lower income urban communities and thrives off of that. I swear, JB has got to be one of the very few corporations that have strengthened during the recession, it's unbelievable. I used to respect and look up to MJ as an athlete, but in recent years I see him for the person he really is-a petty, greedy egomaniac above all else. I kind of laugh a little inside when I think how his "brand" has signed so many eventually faded athletes who were once pegged as the "next Jordans" in their sport. Look at how that also translates to how he runs the Bobcats and what a great record they've had since he took over, LOL. I smile because I know it's got to be eating him alive that he can't seem to put together a winner on the court.

So why exactly is it I still buy J's at all if I'm so dissatisfied with him and his brand? It used to be a lot about what MJ did in them. Now it's more about what I did in them. When I first had many of my OG's as well as earlier Retros like the '99 black/cement IV's, white/cement IV's, '00 black/silver V's, etc. it was a much simpler time in my life with lots of fond memories from those times. I won't fund a reseller's habit, so if I don't get stuff at or below retail I don't get it. If I miss out, like with the Concords, it's not like the sun won't come up tomorrow or anything. And I know I'm not saying anything new, so take this all however you want. I know you noobs will just say I sound like a grumpy old man. Whatever.

It just sucks when people miss out on getting 1 or 2 pairs of a shoe they really want because of so many other greedy hoarding bastards.
damn, thats a lot to read
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by smzsmz

I edited this last night during the mayhem and passed out before i could upload it.� enjoy.
roll.gif

i felt this way last week when i was trying to 'buy' the 10s/practicing for the 4s in case i had to go the NDC route. awesome edits with the original video haha. i LOLed at the 2:15 mark when the kid reacted to the expired session due to inactivity window popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom