Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by woody23

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

If you havent got a NDC shipment confirmation by now you probably will be cancelled tomrw

Naw, they sent out cancellation emails on Sunday. If you haven't got one by now then your good to go. 
That was until they realized they had actually oversold more inventory than expected... again
you &*@^#%*& serious? i still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation, and when i click order status they don't even show up on my order history... if they seriously cancel both my pairs... i recall being one of the first orders to go through too... 
mad.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jst628

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Naw, they sent out cancellation emails on Sunday. If you haven't got one by now then your good to go. 
That was until they realized they had actually oversold more inventory than expected... again
you &*@^#%*& serious? i still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation, and when i click order status they don't even show up on my order history... if they seriously cancel both my pairs... i recall being one of the first orders to go through too... 
mad.gif
eyes.gif

Ouch, cancelled.

Same happened to my concords. Sorry dude.

Originally Posted by JordanHeat

Damn...i got two pairs just in the NDC order status...
I hope I don't end up with no pairs cause they messed up...
gotta keep the closet full.

I regret not getting the cool greys
frown.gif

In reference to eBay pricing...We should all know the hype is just high right now.
Point being, I copped a 2nd pair of DS 2011 black cement 3's a week or two ago for $160 shipped.

Wait until all the other upcoming releases (ex. All Stars, Military IV's etc) flood the eBay market and prices will drop.
Maybe not below $200 until 3-4 months from now, but if you can wait...shoes will be selling for that low. Just need some patience.

I have a business 9-5 job, so my sneaker rotation doesn't get that much action...if I had these, I probably wouldn't rock em for a month or so anyways
and for that reason, I know I can wait that long to at least save myself the satisfaction of knowing I didn't allow a (blatant) reseller to gain an additional $40-$60 profit.

All in all, just have patience...resellers will be sitting on em as long as people don't bite

lockdown36 wrote:

Ouch, cancelled.

i don't get it, my order was through before the site even crashed, why would mine be cancelled over the people who ordered after they restarted the server?

lockdown36 wrote:

Ouch, cancelled.

i don't get it, my order was through before the site even crashed, why would mine be cancelled over the people who ordered after they restarted the server?

bc ndc sux

Not surprised at all that these are going for so much on eBay. The sneaker game has changed a lot over the past 5 years. More so in the last 2-3

lockdown36 wrote:

Ouch, cancelled.

i guess phones orders get priority over everyone. i think thats what screwed people, A LOTT of people placed orders over the phone.

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by casper90403

Originally Posted by spizike231

Prices on these will drop in a few weeks to a month. Someone on the other page picked up a pair for 205, which isn't really all that bad if you ask me compared to the 275-300 that the panickers are spending because of the Concord fever that people got running through their veins. Decent prices are out there you just have to look. I would never spend 250-300 for these, believe that.
eyes.gif
i dont believe in the $205 price. If it were true, i'd be scared I'm getting some fakes. Sometimes things can be too good to be true.

You wouldn't ask for pics and just get them legit checked? Wait- you can't tell from pictures if a pair of Jordans is real or fake for 205? Simply ask for pictures and judge from there, or look in person if its in your area on Craigslist.

You're joking, right? $30 over retail and you'd be worried about them being fake?

Since when does paying 100 over retail guarantee authenticity? I'll go buy a pair of fake jays from a site and list them at 500, say they're samples, and someone will buy them? ON IT.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
someone in the LC forum got a legit pair of slightly worn Concords for $40, and you're worried about a DS pair of Cement 4s for $205 being fake?

first, i dont know how CL works. I dont trust that site at all, mainly based on how the site looks. it just looks mad shady to me.

I refuse to believe these are going for $205 two days after release. Maybe the seller stole them and wants to get rid of them for cheap. You wont see these go for $205 on eastbay for a longggggggggggg time.

And $100 over doesnt guarantee anything. But someone with fakes are more likely to put a low price tag to get more people interested. 

Originally Posted by Zyzz

lockdown36 wrote:

Ouch, cancelled.

i guess phones orders get priority over everyone. i think thats what screwed people, A LOTT of people placed orders over the phone.

oh, i'll call and see what's up, thanks for the warning about this though.

lockdown36 wrote:

Ouch, cancelled.

I believe they took the phone orders as priority over the internet orders because of the inventory number being incorrect on their "internet" side. With all the people calling in they were getting the shoes from the correct inventories and the internet orders were cancelled because of this. The orders that got through were probably randomly picked by their systems. I also heard they were doing maintenance during the launch (how smart), so they were not prepared like they thought they were. I think this is about the same thing that happened with the concords. 

eBay prices illustrate that this is indeed a GR. Look at the sheer volume being pushed on eBay and the number selling at these high prices. There's no doubt you'll be able to find these cheaper 6 months from now, even sooner, but that doesn't mean that they won't be selling like crazy on the bay over the next few weeks. Even after fees and shipping if you sold a pair for $300 you're going to get $250 which is more than what most NTers would pay. Just simple economics should tell people to wait given the large supply even on ebay, but the demand and greed to have these now has people shelling out the bills. Also just goes to show how many rich MFers there are out there.

okay so i just called, that dude was wrong, my pair has actually been shipped and the lady gave me the tracking number over the phone, guess i just never got the email...

it's crazy what people are paying for these. it reminds me of 2005 all over again.

when you think about it, all this hype and demand goes through cycles and phases. back in 2004-2005 almost every retro coming out sold out fast. even stuff like the all black x's

fast forward to late 2006, military iv's came out (which were quite a few peoples grails) and they sat for quite a while, the aqua viii's which go for alot now sat for months in some areas as did the playoff viii's, the white red xii's sat and even went on sale after a few months (yeah they came out days before the space jams) but the white royal x's were sandwiches inbetween the red foams and the white cement iv's and they sold out quick.

it's crazy how between 04-late 05 almost everything sold out or moved quickly.

sneakers that were og models being retroed for the first time aquas, playoff viii's, white red xii's sat for months in some locations (While if they were to come out today they would all sell out on the release date)

i honestly wouldn't be suprised if things die down again for a while like the way they did between 2006-2010

After an unprecedented strike out this weekend...called my local spot up and they ordered me a size 10 from their national inventory...gotta wait 2-3 weeks but I be damn if I pay rape prices!

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

it's crazy what people are paying for these. it reminds me of 2005 all over again.

when you think about it, all this hype and demand goes through cycles and phases. back in 2004-2005 almost every retro coming out sold out fast. even stuff like the all black x's

fast forward to late 2006, military iv's came out (which were quite a few peoples grails) and they sat for quite a while, the aqua viii's which go for alot now sat for months in some areas as did the playoff viii's, the white red xii's sat and even went on sale after a few months (yeah they came out days before the space jams) but the white royal x's were sandwiches inbetween the red foams and the white cement iv's and they sold out quick.

it's crazy how between 04-late 05 almost everything sold out or moved quickly.

sneakers that were og models being retroed for the first time aquas, playoff viii's, white red xii's sat for months in some locations (While if they were to come out today they would all sell out on the release date)

i honestly wouldn't be suprised if things die down again for a while like the way they did between 2006-2010
wishful thinking unfortunately

Originally Posted by AB Doom

After an unprecedented strike out this weekend...called my local spot up and they ordered me a size 10 from their national inventory...gotta wait 2-3 weeks but I be damn if I pay rape prices!

i cant believe a sz 10 is still laying around somewhere

first, i dont know how CL works. I dont trust that site at all, mainly based on how the site looks. it just looks mad shady to me.

I refuse to believe these are going for $205 two days after release. Maybe the seller stole them and wants to get rid of them for cheap. You wont see these go for $205 on eastbay for a longggggggggggg time.

And $100 over doesnt guarantee anything. But someone with fakes are more likely to put a low price tag to get more people interested. 

Its very risky. Seen and heard so many stories of people getting robbed or money, kicks or both! Meet up in general are risky. 

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Its very risky. Seen and heard so many stories of people getting robbed or money, kicks or both! Meet up in general are risky. 

just gotta meet in a public place and be smart about it

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Meet at a mall/shopping center and bring one of your boys along for the trip. Don't meet them in a dark alley by yourself lol 

that's it, u just have to be smart about when/where you meet. mad lurkers looking to hit a lick on the next chump on CL, that's fosho. just meet at a wal-mart or starbucks and you should be straight.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I done meet up deals at the lobby of my local police deparment. i just tell the officer on desk duty that am here for a craiglist deal and they don't care.

Originally Posted by tr1cksone

that's it, u just have to be smart about when/where you meet. mad lurkers looking to hit a lick on the next chump on CL, that's fosho. just meet at a wal-mart or starbucks and you should be straight.

did this for the chi x i had a 11.5 & needed a 12 met @ walmart
theres a subway in walmart too so by the time he got there i was waiting on him with my sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom