Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Not a fan of lace swaps in jordans, I tend to prefer the clean og look but do what you think looks best

Nothing beats the OG look
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HdBkNIKE

When they canceled my concord order i got a 180 gift card... smh at only 50$

You got two pairs of cement 4s for sale and $230 for free from Nikestore. Are you really in the position to complain?

what sites have em available now? seen alot of ebay price drops since release date im only assuming people are gonna return em and a restock is gonna happen soon.

I was one of those suckers that kept at it on ndc on release night. Kept refreshing then saw the tweet on nbastore that they were going to reset. Waited the hour, boom sold out without notification. Still on the hunt =T

Just got my pair del'd from NDC. I must've been the last person in LA to get theirs from NDC. They factory laced these too tight. Had to re-lace from scratch. Had one or two black marks on the shoe strings, but still worth being on hold for 100 minutes. Debating if I'll wear the hangtag like I used to....prolly not tho.

Crazy Story about Cement IV Release. Me and my boys drove from Seattle, WA to Beverton, OR Nike employee store. We get there about 8 a.m. they had just started letting the employees in but we're in the non employee line. Its looking real promising, the employees are coming out with they pairs saying that we should get ours. 9:30 rolls around and one of the guys that was working that day comes outside and says "we're only selling to Black badge employees today" . Everybody's like #%#?. And then he says " we're releasing to everybody else tomorrow. Never heard that before at that store. I ended up calling my Uncle to tell his black badge homie to hurry to the store and grab me a pair for $85. But my I couldn't get my boys any.

So happy... my 2 pairs came in today from NBA Store.

Once again good looking out to homie that posted it up monday morning... much appreciated.

I just have to try them on now and hope they fit since I'm an 11.5-12 in foot size.

Originally Posted by babyJs23

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Rather than quote multiple people, I'm going to follow up on my thoughts from page 373

I'm in no way naive about Nike and their care or lack thereof for the consumer. As stated, the consumer is a means to an end. Pawns more or less.

Most releases that I want bad enough I wind up getting. My sentiments weren't based off of being salty or anything, I was able to land my pair of White Cement's on RD.

I kind of veered off topic in response to a few posts that came before mines, it was moreso about the "limited" releases such as the Galaxies which cause mass hysteria. It's a calculated tactic to generate buzz, fallout be damned.

Yes, all they care about is the fact that the buzz behind the brand is at an all time high and anything that happens from here on out is just icing on the cake. If it reaches a point where you have to cancel releases then yes, it's time for something to be done. Nike doesn't control how people react, but they're certainly playing a masterful chess game.

I was pretty much venting a little frustration in general about what this whole culture is turning into. I and many of us contribute to it, but what we have on our hands now is something crazy. Did any of us forsee it reaching this level?

Anyways, this is moreso a general stance rather than something having to do with this particular shoe. Not like a few consumers are going to make a big difference...

It all starts with 1 person...

1 person can make a huge significant difference for many...example: Martin Luther King
Stop it right now.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I've been saying that since the concord release. All those newscast and reports online were just a bunch of commercials. Now you have a bunch of people who were never in to sneakers wanting to be like everyone else.

They've reached Apple territory.

ever since the ipod apples terrority is 100 million+ bigger than nike since it launched in 2001. nike is just coming up now since the 2011 concords
laugh.gif

this is why Apple can make as many ipods as they want and make billions of dollars whereas nike will only produce a set amount, sellout, and margins wouldnt be close to apples.
Apple $$ >>>>> Nike $$

On top of that personally i think all if not most apple products are expensive and overpriced! Since now it looks like Nike is catching on to pricing. raising j's and foams prices for example.
30t6p3b.gif

for apple the prices are high yet you pretty much get what you pay for considering the quality, and we all know technology gets better and prices lower over time. In nike's case its like the opposite, rising prices and subpar quality over time
tired.gif

Apples been famous since the early 2000s and it has been exploded. In order for nike to play catch up to apple, wow, they would have to release practically all of their popular best sellers like every month. thats crazy

first shoe i ever doubled up on around release date. shoes on the right are the ftl pr. both prs pretty much flawless
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I bought that pr from a mom n pop spot in manhattan a week before release for 200. didnt think i wouldve been able to copp on release date. I actually got the last sz 13 on fordham rd in the bx that sat morn. they sold out within minutes.

Originally Posted by odiggidy

I bought that pr from a mom n pop spot in manhattan a week before release for 200. didnt think i wouldve been able to copp on release date. I actually got the last sz 13 on fordham rd in the bx that sat morn. they sold out within minutes.

idk if its the angle cause the ftl pair looks like it has a longer toebox than the mom n pop

the cements should have been $250 and the concords $350? What the hell?

This guy just created a new account.

Originally Posted by Ernalycious

Crazy Story about Cement IV Release. Me and my boys drove from Seattle, WA to Beverton, OR Nike employee store. We get there about 8 a.m. they had just started letting the employees in but we're in the non employee line. Its looking real promising, the employees are coming out with they pairs saying that we should get ours. 9:30 rolls around and one of the guys that was working that day comes outside and says "we're only selling to Black badge employees today" . Everybody's like %@%?. And then he says " we're releasing to everybody else tomorrow. Never heard that before at that store. I ended up calling my Uncle to tell his black badge homie to hurry to the store and grab me a pair for $85. But my I couldn't get my boys any.

thats a mission homey.....

My pairs from ndc came in today, and i'm quite impressed. Congrats to all that got their pair, good luck to those that didn't

haha....finally it's on my hand....

here you go guys....side to side with BC3 (picked these up on concord's release day)

on feet

sorry for instagram pics.....will post again some other day with better quality pictures....

Originally Posted by jcs11702

These are hands down the most comfortable pair of J's I have ever owned.

Dang man, I feel for you. These are one of the most uncomfortable pairs I've ever owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom