Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Dudes really aguing about rocking wih the hangtag? Bothers you that much what some other dude does? Ehh whatever, if it helps you sleep at night.....

anyway... are you guys satisfied with your pairs?

Shape, isnt too bad comapred to previous retros. Midsole looks cool compared to past, glad they finally did something about that. The darker grey or Jumpman dont really bother me too much.... This damn plastic (leather) is really bothering me. I can and have dealt with this pleather on other models, and have come to accept it. On these tho, its really bad. These are my favorite IVs, and easily top 5 in jordans. I just look at mine and feel like I want to return or sell em, but this is probably my only chance having a wearable pair of wc IVs.

+%%$%+@ JB puts us in these %*+%@% up situations I tell ya
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

< This. I'm not satisfied, I'm settling. That "leather" is unacceptable. It's stiff and cheap. I would expect that from Pony/Faded Glory/And 1's...but, a $160 pair of retro WCIV's that haven't released in 12 years? Another reason to bow out.
the Diamond turfs that recently released at 120, the leather blows these out of the water... So we're paying 60 extra for a hangtag amd a cool box?!?! Im good with a plain JB box. I could live with paying 120-125 for these, but 174 after tax is no good for what we get.

I have some thinking to do on what I'll do with mine
frown.gif

Im in the same boat. I ordered 2 pairs but after trying them on last night for fitment, im not too sure about keeping both. They are very different to my 99s. I believe the extra room in the shoe is from the lack of padding in the collar and especially the tongue. Oh well, what can we expect.
14e17dc.jpg

btw, that's the wifeys pair on the right.     

^^^I'm keeping my one pair because the cosmetic nostalgic grail status these hold for me. Man, I'm just finding some consolation in that this whole experience has cemented (no pun intended) my decision to let this hobby go and focus my time and money on my growing family and future wife. The real importance of life
pimp.gif

Dudes really aguing about rocking wih the hangtag? Bothers you that much what some other dude does? Ehh whatever, if it helps you sleep at night.....

Shape, isnt too bad comapred to previous retros. Midsole looks cool compared to past, glad they finally did something about that. The darker grey or Jumpman dont really bother me too much.... This damn plastic (leather) is really bothering me. I can and have dealt with this pleather on other models, and have come to accept it. On these tho, its really bad. These are my favorite IVs, and easily top 5 in jordans. I just look at mine and feel like I want to return or sell em, but this is probably my only chance having a wearable pair of wc IVs.

ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

< This. I'm not satisfied, I'm settling. That "leather" is unacceptable. It's stiff and cheap. I would expect that from Pony/Faded Glory/And 1's...but, a $160 pair of retro WCIV's that haven't released in 12 years? Another reason to bow out.

Hate to say it, but I do agree with you guys. I'm very pleased with the midsole; it appears as if they actually dyed them like the older models - but the pleather pisses me off everytime I look at it. It's too shiny-like. But I'll live with it I guess; sooner or later I'll give this all up so I might as well enjoy them while I can..

So they really fit that much bigger than other J's? I wear a 10, sometimes 10.5 (Lebrons and such) and I've gone down to a 9.5 on the last 2 Jordan releases I've copped (TB III's, Bordeux VII's) and they fit fine in a 9.5. I've found that I'm mostly a true 10 in Nikes, and a 9.5 in any J's that have come out in the last 2 years. I've tried on XIII's and V's as well and a 9.5 is spot on for me. Should I go down even smaller to a 9 on these?

ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

<This. I'm not satisfied, I'm settling. That "leather" is unacceptable. It's stiff and cheap. I would expect that from Pony/Faded Glory/And 1's...but, a $160 pair of retro WCIV's that haven't released in 12 years? Another reason to bow out.
the Diamond turfs that recently released at 120, the leather blows these out of the water... So we're paying 60 extra for a hangtag amd a cool box?!?! Im good with a plain JB box. I could live with paying 120-125 for these, but 174 after tax is no good for what we get.

I have some thinking to do on what I'll do with mine
frown.gif
Those Diamond Turf's are just gorgeous.  I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on them with this $20 VIP coupon FTL sent me in the mail.  It really is crazy how Nike's retro releases (Deion's, Penny's, Griffey's), their running shoes (Free's, Lunar's, etc.), and their sig bball lines (LeBron's, Kobe's, Durant's) just destroy Jordan retros quality and comfort wise.  A pair of LeBron 7 PS's that I picked up from an outlet has turned into one of my favorite shoes strictly for those two reasons, comfort and quality.
JB does have their moments where they knock it out of the park with quality (Playoff XIII's, Bordeaux VII's), but it seems like there's always something that's left to be desired overall.

IV's are my favorite Jordan (followed closely by V's) so between this year and next year I'll finally be able to take a step back.

It's sad that my reasons for being happy with this release are due to nostalgia and the fact that I expected the quality to be worse.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by FirstNameLastName

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

rocking with hang tag is definitely lame. smh
indifferent.gif

commentin about sum1 rockin the hangtag is even lamer...theres other things 2 do besides commentin on what another man is doin...

i dont care what anyone does, or how they rock them. my opinion is that you look like a clown.

Nobody gives a $&@! about your opinion tho, like folks is supposed to care what you think.

Just got mine on fri from NDC. The size is off, i wear 10.5 and could most likely go to a 10. I have wearable shoe trees and they are still big. Leather feels unreal, very stiff, very thin. I see people offering trades on CL and never thought I'd have to go that route, looks like I'm doing the same. If that doesn't work, I'm ok selling them. Very disappointed with this overall. Another option is putting a second set of insoles to take up some space, just hope the shaping of the shoe doesn't get wacked out down the road.

the reason you guys get junk leather is because you constantly complain about toe box creasing, good leather creases like a motha kucker, cheap plastic leather doesn't crease, so basically you get what you ask for. everyone is constantly *****ing abt creasing so jb fixes it, then you complain abt the cheap non creasing leather. make your minds up. look at the leather on the air trainer sc II's its creases like a snitch, but boy is is buttery and so premium

Some of you are gettn a little too butthurt about others opinions. You won't see my wearing these with that tag hitting my shoe every time I walk, really serves no purpose for me

I was finally able scoop my pair for 140 and plus adding the Black cement 3s,and made buddy out of it.

Originally Posted by AirCJ

I was finally able scoop my pair for 140 and plus adding the Black cement 3s,and made buddy out of it.
hope he included some vasoline...

you got fleeced... id wanna be your friend too 
roll.gif

Can anyone tell me what the problem was with mental kicks? I am my phone and tried looking through all the recent pages and can't find the info. Thanks !

You must like the the 4s way more than the 3s. If you feel good about the trade than that's good. I personally would have traded but without the $ just the shoes. Both are grail status in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom